Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My deepest condolences to you Stryker57. It breaks my heart to see you in here. Prayers and strength to you and your family during this unimaginable time.

Is there a case map for Cheryl? I looked in the initial post of this thread but didn't see one...if you guys could please bump whatever map data, etc you've constructed or collected so far I'd really appreciate it. Tia.

Eta: and Timeline.

How about this theory ??

Cheryl drove to P & R, parked, realized she left her badge, texted her friend. In the process of searching under the seats or between the seats, she sliced her fingers open on something sharp, like a wire or a piece of glass.

She stands back up next to the car and is looking at the tips of her fingers dripping blood. Somebody she knew saw her predicament, and told her they either had some band-aids in their car or a rag.
She explained she was running late and she needed to get back home and get her badge. Her "acquaintance" suggested she hop in the car, patch up her fingers, and he'd run her back over to her house so she didn't lose her parking spot......explaining further that by the time she went home and back, there might not be any close parking spots left at all. Since she was familiar with this person, she agreed.

Once she was in the car, all hell broke loose. Her cell phone was powered down by the perp, because he knows they can be tracked by pinging. She was held somewhere for awhile....maybe a day....maybe two or three. She was then killed and dumped next to the culvert sometime during the next 6 days.

Like Brianna Armstrong!

I'm beginning to believe, like others on this thread, that this was a targeted killing. 7:00 am is a weird time for a random thrill kill (and for a suicide, for that matter). And if it's a random thrill kill, why transport the body?

Seems like someone took the first opportunity to catch her *alone* in order to do this. She's someone who is probably rarely alone--carpooling, a busy workplace, family around at home. That's why they chose this location at this time.

But why drop the body off so quickly? Why not take it to a place where it might never be found? (Certainly there are plenty of places within a few hours' drive to accomplish that.) If a body's never found, or only found much later, chances of getting away with it increase dramatically.

Seems to me that whoever did this needed to be somewhere, probably for an alibi. The killer is probably someone who couldn't be gone for several hours at the same time CD went missing--they'd be an instant suspect. They needed to get rid of the body, clean up, and get to where they were supposed to be as quickly as possible.

I'd be looking at someone in her immediate circle: work, "friends," etc.

Obviously, total speculation based on limited info. But I do think the place the body was found only makes sense if they wanted to get rid of it quickly.

cops said people are safe, if this were the case I sure wouldnt feel safe.

I wanted to see exactly how LE (Pickard) phrased this, so I found the video (taken after volunteers/family found her.) This is what he says exactly:

Reporter: "But it's safe in the meantime around here?"
Pickard: "Yes. It's safe."
Source

I surely still don't feel like it's "safe" until LE tells us why they believe that to be so!

I'm beginning to believe, like others on this thread, that this was a targeted killing. 7:00 am is a weird time for a random thrill kill (and for a suicide, for that matter). And if it's a random thrill kill, why transport the body?

Seems like someone took the first opportunity to catch her *alone* in order to do this. She's someone who is probably rarely alone--carpooling, a busy workplace, family around at home. That's why they chose this location at this time.

But why drop the body off so quickly? Why not take it to a place where it might never be found? (Certainly there are plenty of places within a few hours' drive to accomplish that.) If a body's never found, or only found much later, chances of getting away with it increase dramatically.

Seems to me that whoever did this needed to be somewhere, probably for an alibi. The killer is probably someone who couldn't be gone for several hours at the same time CD went missing--they'd be an instant suspect. They needed to get rid of the body, clean up, and get to where they were supposed to be as quickly as possible.

Obviously, total speculation based on limited info. But I do think the place the body was found only makes sense if they wanted to get rid of it quickly.

This is exactly, to a tee, what I believe, and will until more evidence is released. Based on everything that's been said it just makes sense to me, as well as some of my own observations.

My only pause is that it would mean that somewhere is a vehicle that most likely has Cheryl's DNA inside of it. Certainly LE must have checked her immediate circles' cars? Even those just one step OUT of her immediate circle - which is sort of where my suspicion lies.

good post. I am a weakling so i cant pick up more than 10 pounds. Even a small person weighs a lot more after they die, this is why I thought only a strong male could have placed her in that culvert or if the killer was female she would need help getting rid of the body.

I cant keep from thinking about Cheryl, she must have been a very special lady and again apologies to Stryker and his family for any posts I made that might offend, I really only hope to see the guilty party caught and your family gets their justice.

Indeed! And we go round and round in circles like a dog after its tail! That's why I have been refraining from posting. I think we just exhausted all the possible trails with the little information LE has provided.

But the thing is... your Mom doesn't leave my mind and I come here everyday several times a day to see if there is something new to help make sense of something that will always be senseless. But above all to see if the one or ones who took your mother's life get what they deserve...

I am so sorry :(

Well said!

I found the facebook post you described by a quick google search. I can confidently say this post is based on rumor not fact or any information provided to the public by law enforcement, or media.

Thank you!! I am glad to have this debunked.

“We want to do what we can to hold sensitive information back until we see the phone, computer and lab results,” he said.

Pickard said police are not trying to be cagey by releasing only small pieces of information. He said he suspects that once the investigation is concluded, people will understand why some information was withheld.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-continues-as-police-await-forensic-results/

LE obviously has reasons to make this statement
Thoughts on what this means?
I don't understand what would be important about phone and computer records if this was a random crime

I know we have discussed what would be classed as sensitive

This all sounds pretty feasible to me, although the perp would probably only have had to drive 30 minutes or so to find a spot that might never have been discovered. That suggests a super tight window and, as you say, the need to alibi quickly. On the other hand, the culvert is highly visible so was it approached that morning?? Again with the risky behavior with potential witnesses. Yet if the perp waited, then you'd think they COULD have gone farther away to find the hiding spot. But perhaps this was not feasible because the perp is also someone who is rarely alone and whose extended absence would be noted If they took a random 3-hour trip or similar. So many questions.

This all sounds pretty feasible to me, although the perp would probably only have had to drive 30 minutes or so to find a spot that might never have been discovered. That suggests a super tight window and, as you say, the need to alibi quickly. On the other hand, the culvert is highly visible so was it approached that morning?? Again with the risky behavior with potential witnesses. Yet if the perp waited, then you'd think they COULD have gone farther away to find the hiding spot. But perhaps this was not feasible because the perp is also someone who is rarely alone and whose extended absence would be noted If they took a random 3-hour trip or similar. So many questions.

I don't think her body was placed in the culvert immediately upon her death unless her death occurred a few hours earlier than we're assuming, under the cover of darkness. In my opinion, the body had to have been placed there in the middle of a night.

I don't think her body was placed in the culvert immediately upon her death unless her death occurred a few hours earlier than we're assuming, under the cover of darkness. In my opinion, the body had to have been placed there in the middle of a night.

I have questioned that as well.
Could she have been in that culvert all that time without being noticed?
Could there be another crime scene?

It was said that her carpool friend waited until around 7:30am for Cheryl.

When did the car pool friend arrive? Was the car pool friend still driving when Cheryl
sent that 7:02am text?

Where did the car pool friend wait for Cheryl? Knowing that Cheryl would be late, did the car pool friend
park at the transit center? Or park near where Cheryl's car was parked?

Did the car pool friend wait until 7:30am thinking that it would take ten minutes to get home and back, plus walk through
that park to get to the transit center area?

These are rhetorical questions.

Did I miss where it was actually said when and where the car pooler parked?
It was implied that Cheryl was to meet the car pooler at the transit station area.

IMOO.

I think so, too. So then you wonder why they didn't go farther away, to a more secluded spot. Unless a longer trip to a farther spot would have been noticed and found suspicious.

I think so, too. So then you wonder why they didn't go farther away, to a more secluded spot. Unless a longer trip to a farther spot would have been noticed and found suspicious.

Maybe the perp wanted her body to be found???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111