Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is known where a vehicle traveled, it's possible to obtain video surveillance from that location at the time when the vehicle should have been in the area. After the abduction, nothing is known about the route taken.

You are saying she made all these turns to head back home for the missing badge…her car would have been seen leaving again. IMO

You are saying she made all these turns to head back home for the missing badge…her car would have been seen leaving again. IMO

I'm not suggesting that Cheryl made any turns to return home. In fact, she was interrupted mid-text, and was never able to start the journey home to collect her badge.

I'm not sure which cameras you are referring to. Which camera would have captured Cheryl's car after she was accosted?

My guess is one or more people at the park, partying throughout the night, saw Cheryl pull up and guessed that she was younger than she is. It's possible that it was a bit of a blitz attack where she was approached on both sides of the vehicle, her phone was taken from her, she was pushed into the passenger seat, and the car was moving.

Let's suppose that this is a random attack near the location where her car was parked. The attacker(s) do not know that Cheryl is meeting a carpool. They assume she's taking public transit.

If her body had not been found, and if her carpool was not expecting her, the situation would have been that she parked near the Park and Ride, and she took public transit to wherever. That is a very good reason for the perp to return her car to the right general area, because, assuming that she was going to take public transit, no one would have any idea where to start looking for her. If her car was not parked where it should be, police would know that she was abducted in the morning when she was parking her car. If her car is where it should be, and the perp assumes she normally took public transit, the first place to look for her would be near her place of work.

I'm not suggesting that Cheryl made any turns to return home. In fact, she was interrupted mid-text, and was never able to start the journey home to collect her badge.

I'm not sure which cameras you are referring to. Which camera would have captured Cheryl's car after she was accosted?

I guess I am not making myself understood…there have been maps marked up here with all sorts of routes; going home for the badge, many quotes going back and forth, right turns, left turns…I am asking if that Subaru was driven (whether by Cheryl or a perp) in that area, wouldn't the surveillance cameras show traffic movement just as the surveillance camera picked her up on route after leaving her house in the morning?

Perhaps, I am missing something, please clue me in. (I happen to believe that the Subaru did not move.) Thanks

My guess is one or more people at the park, partying throughout the night, saw Cheryl pull up and guessed that she was younger than she is. It's possible that it was a bit of a blitz attack where she was approached on both sides of the vehicle, her phone was taken from her, she was pushed into the passenger seat, and the car was moving.

Let's suppose that this is a random attack near the location where her car was parked. The attacker(s) do not know that Cheryl is meeting a carpool. They assume she's taking public transit.

If her body had not been found, and if her carpool was not expecting her, the situation would have been that she parked near the Park and Ride, and she took public transit to wherever. That is a very good reason for the perp to return her car to the right general area, because, assuming that she was going to take public transit, no one would have any idea where to start looking for her. If her car was not parked where it should be, police would know that she was abducted in the morning when she was parking her car. If her car is where it should be, and the perp assumes she normally took public transit, the first place to look for her would be near her place of work.

No one saw this? I have trouble believing that, but I appreciate your scenario.

I guess I am not making myself understood…there have been maps marked up here with all sorts of routes; going home for the badge, many quotes going back and forth, right turns, left turns…I am asking if that Subaru was driven (whether by Cheryl or a perp) in that area, wouldn't the surveillance cameras show traffic movement just as the surveillance camera picked her up on route after leaving her house in the morning?

Perhaps, I am missing something, please clue me in. (I happen to believe that the Subaru did not move.) Thanks

Cheryl was in transit at 7:00AM, and at 7:02AM she was texting about the badge. Mid-discussion, her phone was "powered-down". There is no way that Cheryl was on her way home when she was accosted.

I'm asking about the location of the car given that Cheryl knew she had to return home for her badge. Perhaps she didn't realize she was missing the badge until after she turned right on 58th Ave.

Perhaps Cheryl was going to park at the Park and Ride, and perhaps the perp parked her car where it was found because he knows about the overflow parking area; perhaps had even seen her park there in the past.

Which surveillance cameras are you thinking about? I don't think there are any cameras at her car.

No one saw this? I have trouble believing that, but I appreciate your scenario.

Obviously no one saw what happened. If someone had seen either someone entering her car, or someone grabbing her off the street, police would have a description of the perp. No one saw what happened to Cheryl at, or near, her car, but we know something happened to her at her car. She had 2 minutes between driving on 236 Str., and being parked and texting in the 23400 North on 58 Ave. (about 4 blocks between video capture at 7AM and car location).

Has anyone come up with a scenario about how her body came to be at the NW corner of the t-intersection?

The blue arrows represent Lyon Creek.

waterflow_culverts.jpg Lyon_Creek.jpg

I'm not seeing any traffic lights in the area. In fact, the intersection looks like small town-ish, with stop signs on 58th, and through traffic on 236.

There's a light at 236th and 56th. 56th is kind of the north-south main drag through MLT and there are several businesses and churches at and near that intersection.

236th is a connector between 44th AKA Cedar Way and NB access to I-5.

Was her body was put into the creek upstream, in the Abbey View Memorial Park, and she floated downstream after three days, and with heavy rain, and then got jammed up at the entrance to the second culvert.

There's a light at 236th and 56th. 56th is kind of the north-south main drag through MLT and there are several businesses and churches at and near that intersection.

Thanks. I see that now. There is a single light (presumably flashes at some times of day?), and stop signs on 58 Ave. leading onto 236 Str. It's not a regular 3 light traffic light.

Sorry, I was thinking 58th. Cheryl turned on 58th, where there is single lane traffic, and no real traffic light.

I haven't read since thread #3. I was hoping new information was released. Bummer there isn't any more answers. At the onset it seemed more likely someone she knew. Because it would be quite a coincidence if she was about to return to retrieve her badge, and a random person assaulted her. Then I think that seems more probable. A sequence of unfortunate events for sure. LE not wanting to release any info, I think because they have good leads. Someone that either lives there or frequents the area, a worker, vagrant, druggie. Transit areas everywhere have all of those. Did she have enough time to drive, leave her vehicle and walk toward the Transit centre? Or did she only have time to drive and park and maybe look for her badge? Someone approaches her car as she searches the passenger side? When do you think she discovered the badge missing? What were her patterns? Would she stop for a quick coffee? Just thinking out loud. I pray they have answers soon.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I haven't read since thread #3. I was hoping new information was released. Bummer there isn't any more answers. At the onset it seemed more likely someone she knew. Because it would be quite a coincidence if she was about to return to retrieve her badge, and a random person assaulted her. Then I think that seems more probable. A sequence of unfortunate events for sure. LE not wanting to release any info, I think because they have good leads. Someone that either lives there or frequents the area, a worker, vagrant, druggie. Transit areas everywhere have all of those. Did she have enough time to drive, leave her vehicle and walk toward the Transit centre? Or did she only have time to drive and park and maybe look for her badge? Someone approaches her car as she searches the passenger side? When do you think she discovered the badge missing? What were her patterns? Would she stop for a quick coffee? Just thinking out loud. I pray they have answers soon.

She was driving at 56th Ave and 236th Street at 7AM. Two minutes later, she was texting her friend about the badge. Her car was parked on 58th Ave and 234th Street. Mid-discussion, her phone was powered-down.

That suggests that she was near her car when her text discussion was interrupted. She didn't have time to be in the park, at the Park and Ride, or on her way back to her house in those 2 minutes. It's very likely that she was still at or in her car when she was texting.

We know where her car was found, but we don't know that this is where she was accosted.

She did not stop for a coffee on her way to meet the carpool, and we don't know what happened after 7:02AM, when her text discussion was interrupted.

I wonder if Cheryl powered down her phone at the time that she was accosted to prevent someone else from using the phone. I can't see anyone intentionally powering down the phone in the middle of discussing whether the carpool would wait, or leave without her.

Thanks. So timing is pretty tight and spt on. I know people think this isn't likely but, I think she could have also been hit by a car. Why would they take her? Hide the evidence. It was an accident and they were scared. Possible? Otherwise someone living close by. They had to transport her any way it happened.

Thanks. So timing is pretty tight and spt on. I know people think this isn't likely but, I think she could have also been hit by a car. Why would they take her? Hide the evidence. It was an accident and they were scared. Possible? Otherwise someone living close by. They had to transport her any way it happened.

The timing is very tight.

Based on what we know, she left the house around 6:53 or 56, was captured on video surveillance at 7AM heading West, as expected. Two minutes later, she is texting her friend. She is very likely parked while texting. Her car was found in a location that is consistent with two minutes driving. Mid-discussion, before it was decided whether the carpool would wait or go without her, her phone is powered down and she's never heard from again.

Why wouldn't she be in her car texting?

Women of all ages are abducted and/or assaulted. That is the logical reason for taking her away from her vehicle and hiding her body. There was no attempt to force her to withdraw money from her bank (most people would offer money in exchange for not being hurt), so money/theft was not the motive.

Blood got into her car one way or another, so either a bleeding perp jumped into the passenger seat and bled on the interior door and seat (not likely), or Cheryl self-inflicted injuries to her fingers and she bled in the passenger seat. It's one or the other. If it's the latter, then her car was quite possibly used to transport her to the culvert.

If Cheryl didn't wear a wedding ring, the perp could have assumed that she was parking there to take public transit, and that she is a single woman - assuming that it would take longer for someone to report a missing single woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper