Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here the locals can help: Knowing aproximately at what time Cheryl left home, where could she be at 7.02 when she texted? Is it possible she had the time to reach the área where her car was found or she had to be still near home?

Here the locals can help: Knowing approximately at what time Cheryl left home, where could she be at 7.02 when she texted? Is it possible she had the time to reach the área where her car was found or she had to be still near home?

The critical times are 7AM and 7:02AM, but even if we include leaving the house shortly after 6:50AM, the timing still works.

I'm not local, but I can look at the location where she was seen at 7AM, and the location where her car was found, as see that the four block distance can be accomplished in about 2 minutes - with time to get out the phone, start the text discussion about the badge, and suddenly the phone is powered down.

timeline_.jpg

Actually, I would like to know more about the culvert system. As far as I can figure out, the number associated with the culvert is HUC 12-171100120400. Searching local records might give more information about the culvert system, and make it easier to figure out whether she could have slipped through the culvert with heavy rain, and whether she would have to go into the creek at the culvert, or whether she could have entered Lyon Creek upstream.

Any city planning map experts in the area who can sleuth the local culvert map system?

My guess is one or more people at the park, partying throughout the night, saw Cheryl pull up and guessed that she was younger than she is. It's possible that it was a bit of a blitz attack where she was approached on both sides of the vehicle, her phone was taken from her, she was pushed into the passenger seat, and the car was moving.

Let's suppose that this is a random attack near the location where her car was parked. The attacker(s) do not know that Cheryl is meeting a carpool. They assume she's taking public transit.

If her body had not been found, and if her carpool was not expecting her, the situation would have been that she parked near the Park and Ride, and she took public transit to wherever. That is a very good reason for the perp to return her car to the right general area, because, assuming that she was going to take public transit, no one would have any idea where to start looking for her. If her car was not parked where it should be, police would know that she was abducted in the morning when she was parking her car. If her car is where it should be, and the perp assumes she normally took public transit, the first place to look for her would be near her place of work.
Hi Otto,

Another good theory here, however I do believe the parks in Mountlake Terrace have curfews. In the past, Washington's Most Wanted featured an individual who has two warrants, one of which is being in a Mountlake Terrace Park after hours...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Cheryl had to travel 23 blocks between 6:55-ish AM and 7:02 AM.
2.3 miles per 5-7 minutes?

2.3x12=48 mph?

Blue arrows are Lyon Creek.

I didn't realize until now that her body was found next to a cemetery. There's another woman - disappeared in Tennessee on Hallowe'en Eve - she was found in the kudzu next to a cemetery. Her husband was suspected, but I don't think there has been an arrest.

Attachments

• body location map.jpg
    body location map.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 36
Hi Otto,

Another good theory here, however I do believe the parks in Mountlake Terrace have curfews. On March 10th, Washington's Most Wanted featured a man who has two warrants, one of which is being in a Mountlake Terrace Park after hours...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks. That could rule out a couple of unruly characters drinking in the park all night. It's a big park, so a security drive-by might not necessarily ensure that no one is loitering in the park after hours.

Let's assume that we are not looking at a drunk in the park, but we know that Cheryl would have been near, or in, her car at the time that her text discussion was permanently interrupted. It's possible that someone was prowling the area around the transit station looking for a vulnerable victim. Many criminal acts are a result of opportunity.

Seems like we figured earlier she could make the round trip in 10 minutes.

I wonder if Cheryl powered down her phone at the time that she was accosted to prevent someone else from using the phone. I can't see anyone intentionally powering down the phone in the middle of discussing whether the carpool would wait, or leave without her.

the last thing I would do if a stranger approaced me is turn off my phone, in fact I would dial 9-1.... just in case. I dont think she made that text, the killer did IMO to buy time and make everyone think everything was normal

I am very frustrated as many in the area! I have spent my whole life in MTLK.Terr and I understand needing to be patient however... I have a daughter who works a block from where Cheryls car was found and she is now walking to her car with a taser in her hand! Our city should not live in fear! I get not screwing up a case but as a parent and resident of this community I feel we should have a little more information on what is going on. Also I do understand using our commen sence.

Thanks for letting me vent!
MLT is safe as it ever was. No need to get paranoid.

the last thing I would do if a stranger approaced me is turn off my phone, in fact I would dial 9-1.... just in case. I dont think she made that text, the killer did IMO to buy time and make everyone think everything was normal

Why wouldn't Cheryl be responsible for the text message about the badge? She did forgot her badge at home, so logically she would text the carpool about forgetting the badge at home when she realized that she forgot it ... which would very likely be at the moment that she was getting ready to step out of the car with all her work gear.

Who else would know about forgetting the badge? Surely someone who is about to be murdered would not divulge details that could aid the perp, and surely a perp would not suddenly guess that she was parking at the transit centre to join a carpool.

Seems like we figured earlier she could make the round trip in 10 minutes.

How do you figure that?

One way is 23 blocks; 2.3 miles. If she left at 6:57AM, then at 30 mph, she would travel in one direction, not round trip.

ETA: 2.3 miles in 5 minutes means (multiply 5x12 to get 60 minutes) 27.6 miles per hour. Add a couple of traffic lights, and the time it takes to get the phone and send a text, and the timing is perfect.

Cheryl had to travel 23 blocks between 6:55-ish AM and 7:02 AM.
2.3 miles per 5-7 minutes?

2.3x12=48 mph?

Blue arrows are Lyon Creek.

I didn't realize until now that her body was found next to a cemetery. There's another woman - disappeared in Tennessee on Hallowe'en Eve - she was found in the kudzu next to a cemetery. Her husband was suspected, but I don't think there has been an arrest.

Cemetary is not close. It's a long drive and its up over a big hill from the culvert area.

Why wouldn't Cheryl be responsible for the text message about the badge? She did forgot her badge at home, so logically she would text the carpool about forgetting the badge at home when she realized that she forgot it ... which would very likely be at the moment that she was getting ready to step out of the car with all her work gear.

Who else would know about forgetting the badge? Surely someone who is about to be murdered would not divulge details that could aid the perp, and surely a perp would not suddenly guess that she was parking at the transit centre to join a carpool.

process of elimanation lol

Thanks. I see that now. There is a single light (presumably flashes at some times of day?), and stop signs on 58 Ave. leading onto 236 Str. It's not a regular 3 light traffic light.

Sorry, I was thinking 58th. Cheryl turned on 58th, where there is single lane traffic, and no real traffic light.

58th is an arterial.

Seems like a homeless/person druggie would only be after a quick buck and therefore just demand her purse and be gone after his next fix. No need to go to all the effort to kill and person and dump the body at a later date. How much money do people usually carry with them to work anyway ? This is partly why I do not buy the random druggie/homeless perp theory.

Somone went to a great deal of effort to make this look like a random crime.. JMO ofcourse

No, no, no! I feel we are departing from wrong assumptions! I mean from wrong premises!
This crime timelines, environments and happenings are wrong! Nothing makes sense!
And to add to this, what we know about Cheryl is also not accordingly to these events!

She could have forgotten a badge. She would know where it was.
She would never be looking under seats and she wouldn't have left out of the car. If she was out of the car she would have called her colleague while walking towards the car again. To write took her more time!

She could have texted her friend but it is not plausible. She had to stop to text. She was running late (as we were told).
In that situation she would have called. To text she had to be parked or pulled aside. Then she sent the first text and instead of rushing home to take the badge she was there 'frozen', looking at the phone in order to write '10 minuts' after her colleague asked how much time would she take?

Something is very wrong here!

Thinking of this case in the way we are doing it is like saying the rain's water falls from the base of the hills to the top!

Seems like a homeless/person druggie would only be after a quick buck and therefore just demand her purse and be gone after his next fix. No need to go to all the effort to kill and person and dump the body at a later date. How much money do people usually carry with them to work anyway ? This is partly why I do not buy the random druggie/homeless perp theory.

Somone went to a great deal of effort to make this look like a random crime.. JMO ofcourse
No bank cards were used. Did she have money? Maybe money was not the motive. I see the maps added recently with the direction of water flow. I suppose it is possible she entered further upstream. What is the general consensus of this group? Someone she knows or a stranger? I guess I can't make up my mind.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

If this wasn't someone she knew it was someone who had carefully studied her routine and gets their kicks from killing. JMO

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members