Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 53 year old woman on her way to work Monday morning. Either after she parks, or shortly before she turns right on 58th, she realizes she forgot her badge. She texts the carpool that she forgot her badge and to go without her. They ask how much time she needs, and realistically she needs about 11 minutes but says 10. That's it. Phone powered-down. Carpool waited until 7:30AM before going without her.

Nothing "coincidental has happened" yet.

We know the car was parked there that afternoon not first thing that morning. I'm sure there a back roads to the culvert just like the shortcut Stryker posted. Maybe the perp was aleady in the car from the time she left home.

I would be interested in knowing if Cheryl was good about charging her phone every night. Sometimes I forget and my phone battery dies before I make it into work.

A person who parked behind my mom's car the morning she went missing said it was there when they parked about 8:00am

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I would be interested in knowing if Cheryl was good about charging her phone every night. Sometimes I forget and my phone battery dies before I make it into work.

She was a responsible person. After a whole weekend I don't think she would go to work on Monday almost running out of battery.

If it was the case, it is one more 'happening' to join all the other ones in that sad morning.

I agree that it's all very strange, but the time she left home (just after her husband left at 6:50 AM) the time her car passed 56th on camera (7 AM) and the time the text was sent from her phone (7:02) does track for her having made that journey, and aligns with when she might have realized she didn't have her badge as she parked on 58th or turned to go home.
What do you think might have happened instead? That someone else drove her car that AM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...

Her son says he believes it was a random attack. I will side with him until evidence suggests otherwise. Especially since he has more access to the evidence and may know of any trauma on the body when the family made the ID.

Blows my mind a random attack at 7am, you would think people are everywhere going to work or school or walking their dog. Nothing missing that is known. What a mystery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

She was a responsible person. After a whole weekend I don't think she would go to work on Monday almost running out of battery.

If it was the case, it is one more 'happening' to join all the other ones in that sad morning.

Beez.....great post for this case.

I dont believe anyone actually saw her get into her car at her home. Her son said the home camera picked her up walking toward the car but did not have the car in view. And If I am wrong please correct me but I dont think LE actually said the car picked up in street cameras that it was actually her car, they said that it appeared to be but also could not say it was her driving.

I am wondering if someone may have been in her car when she got in it at her house. My own view on it.

Blows my mind a random attack at 7am, you would think people are everywhere going to work or school or walking their dog. Nothing missing that is known. What a mystery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

For me the mistery is not being a victim of a random attack at that time of the morning. It happened many times.

The 'after' is what doesn't fit in anything I know about random attacks.

It's a possibility. If someone targeted her they would know when she leaves home and could have surprised her there. The culvert is so close, they could have swung by the culvert, left her there, then driven all the way from cedar to 58th, getting caught on camera crossing 56th, without ruining that timeline too much.

That would mean that person really wanted to make it look random. And also that they would have been in a hurry because it seems like if she were targeted someone would go to greater lengths to find a better hiding place.

Turning right on 5th would make a lot of sense. She wouldn't go back to 236th too busy. She would of taken the following route. See map.

This was a route all members in my family know as a shortcut rather than trying to get back to 236th.View attachment 90800

Thank you!

familiar__route__home.jpg

Complete possibility.

I meant it was possible for someone to be in her car that morning. You couldn't see her car on cameea. Just her walking around corner towards it.

After looking at the map one of our posters put up yesterday showing each spot, I feel it is a person that knows her!

The culvert is in the opposite direction that I had pictured in my mind. For a person to know the culvert was there, it had to be a local person that traveled out on the streets around this culvert. An out of towner wouldn't know where it was or just drive by it accidentally. IMO.

I think so too. There are so many 'water' options in the area, yet this culvert was selected.
Why?

I meant it was possible for someone to be in her car that morning. You couldn't see her car on cameea. Just her walking around corner towards it.

Stryker57, first let me tell you that I feel... don't know how to word it... I feel so bad myself when I see you appear here. I mean it is a mixture of feeling bad, embarrassed, don't know how to explain. As if we were here dissecting your Mom's life (and death, unfortunately) and I feel so sorry you are reading all this.
Honestly don't take offense in the discussions as we don't mean bad. We are only trying to understand, to comprehend what led to this tragedy. And not only! I and all we here want so deeply and so strongly that who might be responsible for your Mom's death to be brought to hard and forever 'justice'. Of course nothing can bring her back to you but at least the perp/s have to take responsability for their cruel evil actions.

Yes, I think we must have to do a tremendous effort to think about that morning in the way we do. I don't think your Mom wasn't driving her car that morning and it was parked there to make it appear random, but I don't think it has nothing of random. The phone also needed to ping there for things to make sense leading the persons to think that Cheryl drove there and was assaulted or disappeared from that place.

Of course I may be wrong and I have nothing to prove what I think. I only know that the random attack makes no sense to me. Not that it couldn't have happened but because a random attack at 7 in the morning in a working Monday has not that kind of 'development'.

I hope you understood my gibberish and accept a hug from me from here so far.

otto, I was not talking about any hills in MLT. I was saying in my bad, bad English that assuming the things happened as we were told is the same as saying that the waters run from the base of the hills to the top of them.

I may be mistaken but, I think I read that after first texting saying she had forgotten the badge Cheryl also answered '10 minuts' after the colleague asked her how much time would she need to retrieve it.

I am not seeing Cheryl there 'frozen' I mean stopped looking at the phone to see her colleague answer for her to answer the last text '10 mins'.

Have you ever had a strong deep feeling inside that we are discussing things that are almost impossible to have happened this way? This is how I feel about this sad case.

I get it. It's like designing a building from the top down. It doesn't work.

She did say that she needed 10 minutes to retrieve the badge, and that is completely consistent with the timeline. She was texting at 7:02, and she left her house roughly five minutes earlier, perhaps at 6:57AM. It took her five minutes to get to the place where her car was found traveling at 30 mph. The round trip would take 10-11 or 12 minutes.

I don't think she's staring at the phone to see her colleague answer. Instead, her phone is powered down before they arrive at a decision/agreement about whether they will wait or go without her. That's why they waited until 7:30. They simply didn't know if she was going to take 10 minutes, or 12. They waited 28 minutes for her, and could not reach her.

There's nothing impossible here. Cheryl drove to work, she forgot her badge, she pulled over to let the carpool know she needed an extra 10 minutes, and then she vanished.

What do you think happened that is "almost impossible"?

Stryker57, first let me tell you that I feel... don't know how to word it... I feel so bad myself when I see you appear here. I mean it is a mixture of feeling bad, embarrassed, don't know how to explain. As if we were here dissecting your Mom's life (and death, unfortunately) and I feel so sorry you are reading all this.
Honestly don't take offense in the discussions as we don't mean bad. We are only trying to understand, to comprehend what led to this tragedy. And not only! I and all we here want so deeply and so strongly that who might be responsible for your Mom's death to be brought to hard and forever 'justice'. Of course nothing can bring her back to you but at least the perp/s have to take responsability for their cruel evil actions.

Yes, I think we must have to do a tremendous effort to think about that morning in the way we do. I don't think your Mom wasn't driving her car that morning and it was parked there to make it appear random, but I don't think it has nothing of random. The phone also needed to ping there for things to make sense leading the persons to think that Cheryl drove there and was assaulted or disappeared from that place.

Of course I may be wrong and I have nothing to prove what I think. I only know that the random attack makes no sense to me. Not that it couldn't have happened but because a random attack at 7 in the morning in a working Monday has not that kind of 'development'.

I hope you understood my gibberish and accept a hug from me from here so far.
Nothing makes sense of the whole dam thing. I agree on that.

I don't take any offense by they way. I know you guys want to figure this out too.

A person who parked behind my mom's car the morning she went missing said it was there when they parked about 8:00am

Thank you. Something happened shortly after 7:02AM, and her car was parked in that location at 8AM.
She was found 1.6 miles from the location of her car.

Additionally, parking was still not at a premium if that person could find that spot at 8AM, so it's doubtful that the Park and Ride lot was full at 7AM. If it was not full, wouldn't she have headed to the Park and Ride rather than the "overflow" area, which apparently still had an open spot behind her car at 8AM - a full hour later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo