Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stryker57- how likely is it that the car was unlocked when your mom got in it at the house? I never even thought about the idea of someone being in the backseat when she got in the car.

The badge being missing on that particular day could then mean absolutely nothing - but if someone really was in the car then I'm not even sure how / why she would have sent a text at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stryker57, first let me tell you that I feel... don't know how to word it... I feel so bad myself when I see you appear here. I mean it is a mixture of feeling bad, embarrassed, don't know how to explain. As if we were here dissecting your Mom's life (and death, unfortunately) and I feel so sorry you are reading all this.
Honestly don't take offense in the discussions as we don't mean bad. We are only trying to understand, to comprehend what led to this tragedy. And not only! I and all we here want so deeply and so strongly that who might be responsible for your Mom's death to be brought to hard and forever 'justice'. Of course nothing can bring her back to you but at least the perp/s have to take responsability for their cruel evil actions.

Yes, I think we must have to do a tremendous effort to think about that morning in the way we do. I don't think your Mom wasn't driving her car that morning and it was parked there to make it appear random, but I don't think it has nothing of random. The phone also needed to ping there for things to make sense leading the persons to think that Cheryl drove there and was assaulted or disappeared from that place.

Of course I may be wrong and I have nothing to prove what I think. I only know that the random attack makes no sense to me. Not that it couldn't have happened but because a random attack at 7 in the morning in a working Monday has not that kind of 'development'.

I hope you understood my gibberish and accept a hug from me from here so far.

I second this post , so upest for you Stryker, please accept my hug as well

Thanks. Looking at land use map, it looks like the cemetery extends near the culvert.

No - it doesn't. It isn't far as the crow flies but it doesn't abut the culvert area, and there is residential area and lots of dense growth - and I think a street or two - between Abbey View and the culvert area. You can cruise around on Google Earth and my description might make more sense.

wash away DNA?

I do believe that water was chosen to wash away DNA, and to let the bones wash down the creek (Hannah Graham).

That she was found in water, and that particular culvert, strikes me as interesting.

No - it doesn't. It isn't far as the crow flies but it doesn't abut the culvert area, and there is residential area and lots of dense growth - and I think a street or two - between Abbey View and the culvert area. You can cruise around on Google Earth and my description might make more sense.

I will cruise around.
At the same time, I originally thought that the Abbey View park was a park with trails and bike paths, and was searching for trail maps when learned that it was a cemetery.

Stryker57- how likely is it that the car was unlocked when your mom got in it at the house? I never even thought about the idea of someone being in the backseat when she got in the car.

The badge being missing on that particular day could then mean absolutely nothing - but if someone really was in the car then I'm not even sure how / why she would have sent a text at all.

Very likely. Car doesn't lock automatically, and she wasn't one to lock her door after she got in.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Blows my mind a random attack at 7am, you would think people are everywhere going to work or school or walking their dog. Nothing missing that is known. What a mystery.

You forgot about the wingnuts who stay up all night, fixated on an abnormal thought. That might be the sociopaths, the psychopaths, the borderline personality disorder ... all sorts of weirdo people - while normal people go to work or school, walk the dog, and work in the garden.

I misread your post, however that morning there was a chance the car could have been unlocked when she entered.

You forgot about the wingnuts who stay up all night, fixated on an abnormal thought. That might be the sociopaths, the psychopaths, the borderline personality disorder ... all sorts of weirdo people - while normal people go to work or school, walk the dog, and work in the garden.
Oh I didn't forget them. I just think it's incredulous no one saw anything. Or maybe they did and it's part of the information withheld.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I misread your post, however that morning there was a chance the car could have been unlocked when she entered.

Regardless of whether someone was in her car when she left the house, nothing bad happened until 7:02AM when she was discussing options with the carpool. It's unlikely that someone crouching in the back seat would wait until she was in the middle of the text discussion to pop out of the back seat.

It seems more likely that this happened when she pulled over to text.

Regardless of whether someone was in her car when she left the house, nothing bad happened until 7:02AM when she was discussing options with the carpool. It's unlikely that someone crouching in the back seat would wait until she was in the middle of the text discussion to pop out of the back seat.

I tend to agree.

Yeah, she was the only person who knew her badge was at home, so she would've had to be the one who made those texts. Someone could have followed her if she were targeted. But it seems more likely that if she parked on 58th, either to get out or because she realized she needed to go home so pulled over to text, that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh I didn't forget them. I just think it's incredulous no one saw anything. Or maybe they did and it's part of the information withheld.

It is incredulous that Cheryl was seen at 56th Ave and 236 Street at 7:00AM, at 7:02AM she is texting the carpool, and suddenly her phone is powered-down and no one saw anything.

Maybe someone saw something, but until the toxicology results are back, it's impossible to confirm how Cheryl died.
It is a homicide where nothing is ruled out without test results.

She did not lock her car while driving to work. Her car was in the same location at 8AM and after work on Feb 8 when Cheryl was first reported missing.

If someone took her to the culvert in her own car, it happened right away. At the same time, it's very difficult to put a body in the culvert between 7 and 8 AM on Monday morning unseen.

Let's assume that she is pulled over, texting the carpool, and something happens.
  • 6:55-ish AM she leaves home
  • 7:00 AM on video 4 blocks from parked car
  • 7:02 AM texting friend
  • Phone powered-down
  • She is removed from her vehicle.
  • She has self-inflicted injuries to two fingers.
  • Blood is found in her vehicle on the passenger seat and interior passenger door.
  • She is taken 1.6 miles to another location and left there between Feb 8 and Feb 14.

How did she get there?
She must have been dragged into another vehicle - and no one saw anything.

I still feel like this is someone that knew her. Neighbor, coworker, etc.

When you lay out all the details it seems more plausible than random. Someone familiar with Cheryl and the area.

It is incredulous that Cheryl was seen at 56th Ave and 236 Street at 7:00AM, at 7:02AM she is texting the carpool, and suddenly her phone is powered-down and no one saw anything.

Maybe someone saw something, but until the toxicology results are back, it's impossible to confirm how Cheryl died.

She did not lock her car while driving to work. Her car was in the same location at 8AM and after work on Feb 8 when Cheryl was first reported missing.

If someone took her to the culvert in her own car, it happened right away. At the same time, it's very difficult to put a body in the culvert between 7 and 8 AM on Monday morning unseen.

Let's assume that she is pulled over, texting the carpool, and something happens.
  • Phone powered-down
  • Blood is found in her vehicle on the passenger seat and interior passenger door.
  • She is taken 1.6 miles to another location and left there between Feb 8 and Feb 14.

How did she get there?
I thought I had read she disappeared or was assaulted near her car? Was it LE that gave that information?

When you lay out all the details it seems more plausible than random. Someone familiar with Cheryl and the area.

I can't see any reason to assume that Cheryl was meeting someone in the area, or that she powered down her phone when she saw someone familiar - and then her text discussion was ignored.

There's nothing about the circumstances that I see as "someone familiar". What makes you think that this is someone familiar? What circumstance suggests that Cheryl's phone was powered down mid-"forgot my badge" conversation because of "someone familiar"?

Let's not forget that she was meeting her carpool, not "someone familiar". She was going to make the entire carpool late if she took 10 minutes to retrieve the badge, but they waited. There's no way that she planned to meet someone familiar between parking her car and meeting the carpool.

Someone familiar and in the area would be someone from the park who was twisted out of his mind at 7:02AM, or some freak trolling the streets near the metro station?

I thought I had read she disappeared or was assaulted near her car? Was it LE that gave that information?

There has been no information about an assault, or the location where she was last seen.

What I have concluded so far is that when she stopped to text her friend:
1. She was outside her car checking to make sure it was not there. Then surprised attacked.
2. She was inside her car and someone knocked on her window or got her attention for a need of help etc

I strongly do not think her car was used to transport her especially after her son said someone was there at 8 am and her car was there. It was either someone with their own vehicle or someone who lived very close (like on that road or block) it would be too risky to have a piece of hair or finger prints to be left behind.

The cuts on her fingers I believe we're from a knife possibly held to her throat and her first reaction would be to grab it. (It would be mine) if someone put a knife to my throat and told me to move don't say anything etc. I would do it. Also as I said before it could have been from her phone if it was a iPhone. Maybe trying to call for help etc she cut herself.

The blood in her car may not even be related to the cuts on her fingers. She may have been hit really hard to subdue her. So blood splatter. It was not mentioned right away so I don't believe it was a large amount.

I've never even seen the culvert. I've driven through MLK plenty times just not in that direction so I do believe also that is was someone who know this area. Very well.

I'm not sure the motive but my guesses would be sexual assault, quick money for drugs (it was early and drugs may have worn off), or thrill kill. Not in the order from most likely to less likely. Revenge is also on the list but least likely to me.

I'm glad police are being tight lipped about info. If we can see it then so can the killer and I would hate for whoever it was to go free because of a not so tight investigation. Gather all the evidence and take the time to help solve this case before anyone else gets hurt.

That being said I am frustrated it is not moving faster but I do have faith they have a reason. In the meanwhile ill keep myself and daughter as safe as I can.

All above is in my own opinion. Moo.

• Phone powered-down

How did she get there?
Cheryl's 'vehicle' was seen passing by video at 56th and 236th at 0700, not 'Cheryl'. Unless someone has come out or behind closed doors confirmed 'Cheryl' was seen driving the car that I have missed.

As I questioned before about whether Cheryl was actually seen getting in the vehicle AND seen driving away in the vehicle no one can be certain it was Cheryl driving away from the home unless some sort of video evidence not only shows a car driving away but who was driving away in it.

'Someone' sent a text at 0702. Since there were no witnesses, no one can confirm it was 'Cheryl', but speculate.

Yea, someone else 'could have' sent the text i.e. if she pulled over, and told the not known to be at the time perp - not sure how this has been narrowed down to a certainty 'it was Cheryl.' Or even the possibility 'it was Cheryl' physically doing the typing. There are no publicly known witnesses that have publicly stated they saw Cheryl send the text.

People can only speculate on whether or not she locked her doors or not that day unless they were with her and know the doors were locked or unlocked. Otherwise, one can only speculate based on any known habits or routine.

Even if doors were found locked or unlocked, unless there are witnesses - no one can be sure if 'Cheryl' locked or unlocked the doors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member