Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would say she needed 10 min. to get the badge?

She traveled 2.3 miles in about 5-6 minutes (5:56AM-7:02AM). It would take her 10-12 minutes to go home, get the badge, and meet the carpool (excluding a hike from overflow parking).

Cemetary is not close. It's a long drive and its up over a big hill from the culvert area.

Thanks. Looking at land use map, it looks like the cemetery extends near the culvert.

I still feel like this is someone that knew her. Neighbor, coworker, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheryl happens to be late;

Happens to forget the badge:

Happens to text the carpool;

Happens to have the phone off imediately after warning the colleague.

Happens to disappear that same very morning that she was late, forgot the badge, texted, etc, etc.

Happens to appear 6 days later in a culvert not far from all the scenes.

When a perp takes a person it uses to be to hide the vicitm and usually far, in shalow graves, to make it difficult to find.

The perp would have taken Cheryl to put her so near in that culvert? To do that 'job' he would instead have left her there in the same place she was assaulted.

If she was distracted it was really an oportunity to grab her purse or her phone, even to assault her leaving her there on the floor. Not to take her to that culvert.

Happens to appear in a culvert 6 days later, near her home and near all the places we learned she was.

process of elimanation lol

Exactly. Other than Cheryl, no one else knew that she had forgotten her badge, and the's why she was in or near her car texting about the badge.
To answer your question: no one else would know about forgetting the badge.

That means that the only person to send the text was Cheryl. Mid-discussion, her phone was powered-down, and she was never heard from again.

Turning right on 5th would make a lot of sense. She wouldn't go back to 236th too busy. She would of taken the following route. See map.

This was a route all members in my family know as a shortcut rather than trying to get back to 236th.uploadfromtaptalk1458448798380.jpg

I wonder if Cheryl powered down her phone at the time that she was accosted to prevent someone else from using the phone. I can't see anyone intentionally powering down the phone in the middle of discussing whether the carpool would wait, or leave without her.

I would think if she met with foul play (which it appears she did) she would desperately want to keep her phone on so that she could call someone or text someone for help. It would probably even benefit her if the perp used her phone because cops could trace her calls and find the perp (and hopefully her). Just what I'm thinking.

No bank cards were used. Did she have money? Maybe money was not the motive. I see the maps added recently with the direction of water flow. I suppose it is possible she entered further upstream. What is the general consensus of this group? Someone she knows or a stranger? I guess I can't make up my mind.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Her son says he believes it was a random attack. I will side with him until evidence suggests otherwise. Especially since he has more access to the evidence and may know of any trauma on the body when the family made the ID.

Turning right on 5th would make a lot of sense. She wouldn't go back to 236th too busy. She would of taken the following route. See map.

This was a route all members in my family know as a shortcut rather than trying to get back to 236th.View attachment 90800
Should of said turning right on 58th.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Blue arrows are Lyon Creek.

I didn't realize until now that her body was found next to a cemetery. There's another woman - disappeared in Tennessee on Hallowe'en Eve - she was found in the kudzu next to a cemetery. Her husband was suspected, but I don't think there has been an arrest.

Any chance point of entry could be Creek near cemetery?

Exactly. Other than Cheryl, no one else knew that she had forgotten her badge, and the's why she was in or near her car texting about the badge.

That means that the only person to send the text was Cheryl. Mid-discussion, her phone was powered-down, and she was never heard from again.

But the 'forgetting the badge' is the key for this crime! In my opinion a wrong premise.

Thanks. So timing is pretty tight and spt on. I know people think this isn't likely but, I think she could have also been hit by a car. Why would they take her? Hide the evidence. It was an accident and they were scared. Possible? Otherwise someone living close by. They had to transport her any way it happened.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Or maybe road rage at a pedestrian texting in their way or road rage at a driver texting while driving...

No, no, no! I feel we are departing from wrong assumptions! I mean from wrong premises!
This crime timelines, environments and happenings are wrong! Nothing makes sense!
And to add to this, what we know about Cheryl is also not accordingly to these events!

She could have forgotten a badge. She would know where it was.
She would never be looking under seats and she wouldn't have left out of the car. If she was out of the car she would have called her colleague while walking towards the car again. To write took her more time!

She could have texted her friend but it is not plausible. She had to stop to text. She was running late (as we were told).
In that situation she would have called. To text she had to be parked or pulled aside. Then she sent the first text and instead of rushing home to take the badge she was there 'frozen', looking at the phone in order to write '10 minuts' after her colleague asked how much time would she take?

Something is very wrong here!

Thinking of this case in the way we are doing it is like saying the rain's water falls from the base of the hills to the top!

The timeline is based on information about her death that has been released via media. Her car was seen at 7AM. She texted at 7:02AM. Mid-discussion, her phone was powered down and she's been silent since that moment. Her husband left home at 6:50AM, and she left a few minutes later. Therefore she left around 5:55-ish.

Do you need links to any of the above? We are working with correct understanding based on information that has been released to the public via media.

Not only could she have forgotten her badge, but she did. In fact, she texted her friends at 7:02AM to tell them that she did forget her badge.
I don't think she was looking under seats or jumping out of the car for her badge. I think she immediately realized that the badge was at home, and understood she needed to connect with carpool.

I think she has two self-inflicted wounds on one hand because she wanted to bleed in her car (to tell a story).

She wasn't running late, she was

Where does this come from: "instead of rushing home to take the badge she was there 'frozen', looking at the phone in order to write '10 minuts'"?

We know which way the water flows in Lyon Creek: South; hills notwithstanding.

She could have told them.

Also, who said she was running late?? At the time she was NOT late, she messaged her friend to say she would BE late because she had to go home again.

So I don't believe she was in some rushed frenzy until she realized her badge was missing. Then being a kind person and knowing every 5 minutes you wait before you get on i5 is another 15 you sit in traffic she told the friend to go on without her. Her friend waited because waiting 10 minutes for an HOV buddy is better than sitting in an extra 30-40 minutes in the general purpose lanes.

I would assume Cheryl started work at 8. You would need to leave the MLT park and ride by 7:15 (if you're carpooling) to make it to the Hutch and park and get to your desk. And ideally by 7:05 would be better to account for any bad accidents or etc. And by both time frame estimations she was not yet late when she WOULD have pulled in the Park and Ride since she was seen on the traffic cam not far from the Park & Ride at 7am.

Cheryl happens to be late;

Happens to forget the badge:

Happens to text the carpool;

Happens to have the phone off imediately after warning the colleague.

Happens to disappear that same very morning that she was late, forgot the badge, texted, etc, etc.

Happens to appear 6 days later in a culvert not far from all the scenes.

When a perp takes a person it uses to be to hide the vicitm and usually far, in shalow graves, to make it difficult to find.

The perp would have taken Cheryl to put her so near in that culvert? To do that 'job' he would instead have left her there in the same place she was assaulted.

If she was distracted it was really an oportunity to grab her purse or her phone, even to assault her leaving her there on the floor. Not to take her to that culvert.

Happens to appear in a culvert 6 days later, near her home and near all the places we learned she was.

We have a 53 year old woman on her way to work Monday morning. Either after she parks, or shortly before she turns right on 58th, she realizes she forgot her badge. She texts the carpool that she forgot her badge and to go without her. They ask how much time she needs, and realistically she needs about 11 minutes but says 10. That's it. Phone powered-down. Carpool waited until 7:30AM before going without her.

Nothing "coincidental has happened" yet.

After looking at the map one of our posters put up yesterday showing each spot, I feel it is a person that knows her!

The culvert is in the opposite direction that I had pictured in my mind. For a person to know the culvert was there, it had to be a local person that traveled out on the streets around this culvert. An out of towner wouldn't know where it was or just drive by it accidentally. IMO.

otto, I was not talking about any hills in MLT. I was saying in my bad, bad English that assuming the things happened as we were told is the same as saying that the waters run from the base of the hills to the top of them.

I may be mistaken but, I think I read that after first texting saying she had forgotten the badge Cheryl also answered '10 minuts' after the colleague asked her how much time would she need to retrieve it.

I am not seeing Cheryl there 'frozen' I mean stopped looking at the phone to see her colleague answer for her to answer the last text '10 mins'.

Have you ever had a strong deep feeling inside that we are discussing things that are almost impossible to have happened this way? This is how I feel about this sad case.

No, no, no! I feel we are departing from wrong assumptions! I mean from wrong premises!
This crime timelines, environments and happenings are wrong! Nothing makes sense!
And to add to this, what we know about Cheryl is also not accordingly to these events!

She could have forgotten a badge. She would know where it was.
She would never be looking under seats and she wouldn't have left out of the car. If she was out of the car she would have called her colleague while walking towards the car again. To write took her more time!

She could have texted her friend but it is not plausible. She had to stop to text. She was running late (as we were told).
In that situation she would have called. To text she had to be parked or pulled aside. Then she sent the first text and instead of rushing home to take the badge she was there 'frozen', looking at the phone in order to write '10 minuts' after her colleague asked how much time would she take?

Something is very wrong here!

Thinking of this case in the way we are doing it is like saying the rain's water falls from the base of the hills to the top!

I agree that it's all very strange, but the time she left home (just after her husband left at 6:50 AM) the time her car passed 56th on camera (7 AM) and the time the text was sent from her phone (7:02) does track for her having made that journey, and aligns with when she might have realized she didn't have her badge as she parked on 58th or turned to go home.
What do you think might have happened instead? That someone else drove her car that AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member