Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents have cats, when transported they are in cat carrier. No blood is inside the cat carrier. Also animal blood was fresh enough and of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand.

I've said repeatedly that for me, nothing about this case makes sense and the more information that was being released just made it even more confusing. This has me totally stumped.

We were told at the time that actually only around 30% of people who do this will leave a note. That was the statistic in 1985, in England. Of course I realise it may be different now, and in other cultures/countries. I don't know.

There is an annual suicide awareness walk in Seattle, Out of the Darkness. According to them, 90 percent of local suspected suicide victims did not leave a note.

I suppose the police's suicide theory does explain, however, what I mentioned several pages back about MLT police receptionist sending calls about the case to an apparently unattended voice mail--they'd already made up their minds.

Perhaps she struck a cat or dog, and picked it up to bring to a vet, which precipitated the subsequent events. Does that seem plausible?

Or someone else used an injured animal to ask for help/gain her trust? Please help, my dog/cat is hurt...?

Grasping at straws. But an injured, bleeding cat would not be a happy cat.... could explain the finger cuts (cat scratches) and the blood.

If foul play was involved, maybe someone who works as a butcher? I hate typing this, so sorry.

Eta: or farmer? Vet?....

Maybe the perp had just killed an animal, pet...

Good thought, if she did strike an animal would there still be evidence of that somewhere on her car, like blood or fur? Made me think it also could be possible that a perp could have used an injured animal as a way to get into Cheryl's car by saying "can you help me my animal is injured and I need to get them somewhere fast" or maybe using an injured animal to approach Cheryl and ask her if she had anything in her car to help stop bleeding or something along those lines. It also could have been planted evidence. There are so many things in Cheryl's case that don't make sense to me at all.
Just a couple of off the cuff ideas:

1. She witnessed a driver strike an animal, stopped to help, and an argument ensued.

2. She came across an injured animal, and stopped to pick it up, which in turn provided the distraction and opportunity for an attack by a lurking perpetrator.

3. Or, Cheryl herself struck the animal in her haste, again providing distraction and opportunity.

If the animal were struck and thrown away from the vehicle, I'm not sure if evidence would remain on the car, especially if it were a small animal.

( :( I'm finding this animal blood thing highly disturbing, but what a potentially important clue, assuming these results are valid...)

This case just got so much weirder!! Fresh animal blood???

Can someone link to the Kiro release of the blood being a mix of Cheryl's and animal? I'm not finding it with a quick google search. Thanks

I don't know how/if I can link a live broadcast. I think you would have to go watch it online at kirotv.com:thinking:

I don't know how/if I can link a live broadcast. I think you would have to go watch it online at kirotv.com:thinking:

I guess I was expecting a news outlet (or even Kiro) to have typed up what was said on the news and released it that way it in print/online, that way there is proof what was said-it seems like that happens often. I'm surprised it hasn't. Thanks for the info! I don't watch actual news, so I wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. :)

Or someone else used an injured animal to ask for help/gain her trust? Please help, my dog/cat is hurt...?

Grasping at straws. But an injured, bleeding cat would not be a happy cat.... could explain the finger cuts (cat scratches) and the blood.

Viable, imo...

Fresh animal blood in the vehicle, enough to smear...in my almost 4 years at WS I dont think I've ever heard of such a thing...

Does her cat at home that she just adopted 2 days before her death (or other cats) have any visible injuries, cross transference perhaps (but then it would be on her too, right, unless the water washed it away?) I hope this blood can be compared against her own cats.

The outrage from the community in media comments has been swift & very unified. Not even any of the usual back and forth that occurs often in that format.

No one is buying what the MLT Police are selling. I can't decide if the dismissive way they announced these findings was to A) hope the public is dumb enough to buy the suicide theory & let their inability to solve an abduction that happened practically on their front porch slide under the radar, or B) inflame the public deliberately to bring it back to the forefront & flush someone out.

And the large quantity of animal blood? The injured animal theory or ruse could be possible. For those who saw the report, or to stryker57 if you can answer, if the animal blood was fresh & being retested for species etc, was Cheryl's blood fresh & of quantity, and intermingled, or old & different location (door vs seat, etc).

I genuinely hope there is more that is known & being investigated than they're saying, but right now my faith is small.

My parents have cats, when transported they are in cat carrier. No blood is inside the cat carrier. Also animal blood was fresh enough and of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand.

That is bizarre and disconcerting. Stryker, without disclosing anything specific, is there more info that leads you to believe homicide? I'm sorry, there is no way someone with bio/chem knowledge would orchestrate that, even in the remote chance they were trying to paint a picture of homicide. They would know it would take .5 seconds to determine it was animal blood. (Was the perp attempting to mask that Cheryl's blood was there? All of this makes no sense!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the diagnosis of it being animal blood is a mistake. Mistakes can happen in the lab...

This case just got so much weirder!! Fresh animal blood???

Yea between the fresh animal blood and the badge left at home and the cause(s) of death I really don't know if this was the case of her crossing paths with a random and ruthless killer, or if it was a killer who planned and staged everything.

This might be a lead, evidence of another woman's disappearance, or neither.

I'm told there is (or was) a sporadically homeless 60-ish woman named Kathy hanging around the MLT library and park and ride, with a shopping cart and her cat in a carrier. No knowledge of her last name. She sometimes gets temporary housing and/or money from locals. Some of them have taken her in temporarily, but these arrangements have not lasted long. The nicest assessment of her from people who have temporarily housed her is that she is "quirky." When she has no place to stay, she sleeps outside. She doesn't qualify for a number of the homeless shelters because of the cat, whom she will not give up permanently. People have offered to take in the cat while she finds a homeless shelter and gets her life together, but she demands to visit the cat, and people are concerned about her mental stability. She was or is on the wait list for Section 8 and YWCA Pathways for Women, but since she's not a full-fledged senior and doesn't have little kids, she's down on the list. She hasn't been seen in the past month, but perhaps she was finally approved for one of those programs.

was Cheryl's blood fresh & of quantity, and intermingled, or old & different location (door vs seat, etc).

Different location, and consistent with cuts on her hands. When I mention hands two fingers were cut. The cuts were on opposite hands.

So if they found animal blood, I'd think there is a possibility they found animal hair...and are hopefully testing it to determine type of animal..

Also, we know the animal blood was as stated above...but was the other blood fresh or old?

My mobile

Nope first test inconclusive. WSP Crime lab doing test with new sample.
If there's animal blood, is it a reasonable assertion there'd be animal hair? Unless... a vial of animal blood was used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member