Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From David Rose Q13 News via his Facebook:

"My colleague, Brandi Kruse, talked with Mountlake Terrace Police Chief Greg Wilson this morning to get some clarification on the lack of evidence to suggest a homicide in Cheryl DeBoer's case. He says there were no defensive wounds. Her car was locked and secured. Her clothes were intact and not disheveled. No tips have come in that offer any insight into her death that would suggest it was a homicide. No physical evidence or lack of evidence that would support “robbery, assault, or abduction.” There is no evidence she was restrained. “You have to put emotions aside. That’s difficult for the community. It’s difficult for the family," said Chief Wilson who added “As with any case like this, we’re going to take a methodical approach in our investigation." Several crime labs are assisting in analyzing evidence including the plastic bag, her car, computer and phone records. The Chief says it would be premature to rule on manner of death before those labs are done analyzing that evidence."

This case is just mind boggling. The more information we receive, the more confusing it gets. I feel so sorry for her family. This has to be just horribly frustrating.

"My colleague, Brandi Kruse, talked with Mountlake Terrace Police Chief Greg Wilson this morning to get some clarification on the lack of evidence to suggest a homicide in Cheryl DeBoer's case. He says there were no defensive wounds. Her car was locked and secured. Her clothes were intact and not disheveled. No tips have come in that offer any insight into her death that would suggest it was a homicide. No physical evidence or lack of evidence that would support “robbery, assault, or abduction.” There is no evidence she was restrained. “You have to put emotions aside. That’s difficult for the community. It’s difficult for the family," said Chief Wilson who added “As with any case like this, we’re going to take a methodical approach in our investigation." Several crime labs are assisting in analyzing evidence including the plastic bag, her car, computer and phone records. The Chief says it would be premature to rule on manner of death before those labs are done analyzing that evidence."

https://www.facebook.com/DavidRoseQ13FOX/posts/1075428069147003

That sounds like I heard that somewhere here...

This case is just mind boggling. The more information we receive, the more confusing it gets. I feel so sorry for her family. This has to be just horribly frustrating.

I think the opposite of that; they are few to no indications of homicide, and every suicide scene looks a little odd to begin with.... the more avenues are examined it has become clear to LE that it is not looking like a homicide.

The outrage from the community in media comments has been swift & very unified. Not even any of the usual back and forth that occurs often in that format.

No one is buying what the MLT Police are selling. I can't decide if the dismissive way they announced these findings was to A) hope the public is dumb enough to buy the suicide theory & let their inability to solve an abduction that happened practically on their front porch slide under the radar, or B) inflame the public deliberately to bring it back to the forefront & flush someone out.

RSBM

I've noticed the unity also. I do not think the community will let it rest until there are answers and I am so glad about that.

I really hope that this a strategy police are
using. I've seen it before by LE saying so and so is not a suspect, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This is starting to take the tone of either a thrill killing or a robbery.......or maybe a little of both.

There's going to be two perps involved.......one driving, one controlling.

Victims items missing--- phone, wallet, car keys.
Per stryker57--- Cheryl's car was never moved after she parked it, that's good enough for me.

Now that the M.E. and Pickard have decided to release the cause of death after 6 weeks of "investigation", a conclusion that most of us could have arrived at in about 10 minutes or less, this indicates to me that this was an attack by a couple of individuals that are as much of a failure at murder as they are at life in general.

The plastic bag was used as a control mechanism. "If you behave and sit still, I'll let you get a breath of air. The harder you fight, the tighter I hold the bag". She could have been restrained by simply being put into a chokehold or being straddled and sat on. This would have resulted in very few defensive wounds as well as little to no bruising. This act would have been a team effort by at least two individuals, one driving, one controlling her and more than likely it occurred in a large vehicle such as a van.

If robbery was the motive, then obviously they didn't get much. That's another reason why this has the feel of a thrill kill, or better yet, somebody acting out something they watched in a horror movie. This wouldn't be the first time that a couple of psychopathic friends decided to kill somebody just to experience the adrenaline rush.

If you shoot someone, you leave behind evidence. If you stab someone, you leave behind evidence. If you smother someone....well, depending on the circumstances, there may be little evidence left. The plastic bag itself is the murder weapon. I'm sure after 5 or 6 days in the water, there wasn't any fingerprints left to lift from the bag. The cuts on her fingers may have come from grappling with the person holding it over her head.

When they pulled up next to the culvert and tossed her out, it was believed she was dead. She wasn't. Unconscious yes, but still breathing. Maybe a pinhole was torn in the bag, maybe it wasn't sealed completely around her neck, but she was still alive. Had the culvert been dry that day and no water running through it, she may have actually survived this attack. This is where the conflicting cause of death is stemming from, it appears to be both, but we all know it has to be one or the other. The bag over the head leans towards asphyxiation, the water in the lungs leans towards drowning.

There's two killers on the loose in Mountlake Terrace.....but good luck convincing the PD of that. Like I said three weeks ago, they are either going to file this under suicide or "undetermined." They're going to take the evidence they have and mold it and form it to fit a theory. In this case, suicide.

As has become standard operating procedure, in the press release yesterday, LE stated that efforts to look into her computer records and cell phone records were ongoing. Great !! If this was a random crime though, nothing is going to come from those searches. What you see is what you get. What you know, is all your're gonna know.

Yep...

Valentine's day was coming up and so was Cheryl's wedding anniversary.
I wonder if Cheryl herself made any special plans for these two days?

IMOO.

Well that is much better than what someone had posted last night--that they are ending investigation. It sounds like they just don't have enough evidence to say with certainty it was homicide, which I can kind of understand based on what he saying. But it sure ostensibly seems like a homicide. This must be so difficult for her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sign of robbery however, her wallet is still missing. Clothes were not disheveled yet she was in a current strong enough to cause her to travel a bit. AND she died in a situation that she seems to have a phobia of. Things that make you go hmm.

whats the explanation for her own blood being found in the same area?

Either an attempt to "stage the scene" for her disappearance, or a failed/aborted attempt at suicide.

The animal blood is interesting. Quite possible it was part of "staging the scene" of her disappearance on her way to end her life.

There's still no evidence of the involvement of ANYONE else in this death.

I don't know anyone at MLT PD, but it sounds like they are carefully investigating every avenue.

(modsnip)

It's going to become undetermined, and become a cold case. Unless they can produce something from her phone or computer records, emails that I could not find when I searched through them.

They have to find some kind of corroborating evidence. If it was suicide, is there really no surveillance video from some business that show her walking? Any video with her walking after 7:00 is all they need.

It doesn't take very long to look at a computer to see if suicide methods were searched.

RSBM

I've noticed the unity also. I do not think the community will let it rest until there are answers and I am so glad about that.

I really hope that this a strategy police are
using. I've seen it before by LE saying so and so is not a suspect, etc.

If there thought there was homicidal violence or involvement of someone else they would definitely say so, there's no value in holding that piece back.

Either an attempt to "stage the scene" for her disappearance, or a failed/aborted attempt at suicide.

The animal blood is interesting. Quite possible it was part of "staging the scene" of her disappearance on her way to end her life.

I don't know anyone at MLT PD, but it sounds like they are carefully investigating every avenue.

(modsnip)

But there is not really any evidence of suicide either. At least, not that has been released.

blood in her car on passenger side could mean perp was in back seat while other perp drove the car. This was no suicide, like you cant hold your breath till you die, just doesnt happen that way. And this was a horrific personal cruel mean way to kill someone. IMO not done by a stranger but by someone who held anger resentment against her. A tweaker would have driven the car off and at least parted it out. You can get big money for car parts and if you are careful you select the part that doe not have serial numbers. The catalytic converter is worth several hundred alone.

Naw this was personal and the manner of death delay IMO just a stall tactic.

I agree that a person cannot hold their breath until they die. Breathing is controlled by the autonomic nervous system meaning that once she was unconscious, she would spontaneously start breathing again then wake up. Do we know if the ME said they found water in her lungs? I know that question has been asked before but I can't find a definitive answer.

When the bag was placed over her head, one of two things happened:
1. The bag remained in place until she was dead and the autonomic breathing could not commence= no water in lungs

2. The bag remained in place until she was unconscious but not dead. Once unconscious, the autonomic breathing commenced then she drowned ( and probably regained some degree of consciousness in the process)=water in the lungs
If she did not have water in her lungs, she suffocated. If she had water in her lungs, then she drowned. It can't be both.

(modsnip)

So a scientist uses animal blood to stage a scene, then crawls off and kills herself in a manner that produces no blood?

The police are stumped they really don't know either way at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper