Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacific Northwest has a lot of satanic cults that use animals for sacrifices ........

I don't know about Satanic cults in the area, however, Seattle is home to two of the largest BDSM/fetish/swinger groups in the entire country. Psychology Today had an article about it last year. One group is named Center for Sex Positive Culture (CSPC), nicknamed the Wet Spot. It grew out of an underground coffee house. The last I heard, it had more than 10,000 members. A famous alum was Gary Ridgeway, the Green River Killer. The other is named New Horizons. The latter is located in a mansion in Lynnwood, just north of MLT. There isn't a lot of overlap between the two groups--in fact, there's a rivalry--so this means there are a lot of people into "the scene" in Puget Sound. There's also a kinky semi-rural resort near Redmond called The Longhouse, and it's no longer a secret that the "family nudist communities" have a BDSM element.

This next part is disturbing, especially for Stryker, and links shouldn't be read at work. Last year, the Seattle Erotic Art Festival, which is closely associated with CSPC, had a photography exhibition on "dark fetishes," which include "mummification," "water play" and "breath play." These can involve putting bags over people's heads, submerging people underwater and/or leaving them restrained and alone in parks or rural areas for extended periods. For example, check out the interests in this dark fetishist's profile. (Looks like he's on the Seattle waterfront.) Supposedly all of this is done "by consent," but there's also been some chatter in BDSM circles that not all sadists are bothering to get proper consent. As an acquaintance who's into that scene wryly told me, "Consent is more of an ideal than a reality."

Because I believe in most missing person cases the person needs time, and runs off etc... From the get go I pretty much knew the end results would not be happy. I still gave my self hope. It was completely out of character for her to go missing, or runaway. Runaway is just the easiest assumption police can make.

But wouldn't a runaway want to take their car?
Did they think she took off with someone else?
Or it was implied she walked off on her own accord?

IMOO.

Thank you inmyhumbleopinion for your honest explanation of your experiences

It's going to become undetermined, and become a cold case. Unless they can produce something from her phone or computer records, emails that I could not find when I searched through them.
I just want to clarify this. Do you believe emails are missing or do you just mean they might be able to find something in the emails that you missed when searching through them?

Well there is, there's evidence of how she died, the bag etc. What there isn't any evidence about is did she plan this, any evidence that something was going on that would lead her to this (sounds like this is what they are still working on).

At this point, we don't even really know that the bag caused the suffocation. Someone could have come up behind her and suffocated her with whatever, put a bag over her head and dumper her in the culvert.

Couldn't a bag over the head be used for homicide or suicide?

This may get a little lengthy. First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to stryker and lava for their valuable contribution and irreplaceable insight. I wish we had a stryker and lava in every case.

I have followed Cheryl's case from the very beginning. However, I have not posted much, except for the occasional link here and there, because I have been (and still am) so on the fence as to what might have happened: I just cannot discount the possibility of suicide.

Thank you for posting a personal experience.

I know of several people who killed themselves and to ALL their closest family members seemed happy and well adjusted. One friend of mine in Vancouver did so, no history of mental illness or treatment, and he had a wonderful job and family and spent a lot of time with his adult sons. I absolutely cannot comprehend why he did it, only it became clear as they looked into his life he had been secretly struggling with depression for years and didn't get any help.

My own daughter attempted to kill herself, and we saw no outward signs that anything was amiss (at least to that level).

Lastly I discovered the body of a former co-worker of mine who killed himself, and in the back seat of his car were the booster seats for his two children. How can anyone convince themselves that their children are better off without them? That urge (to protect and be around for your kids) is very strong. Yet, he did it. His mind was so imbalanced that killing himself seemed like the best option for his family. He secretly considered himself a failure and do to problems maintaining medical coverage between employers stopped taking his medication.

I am sure in 10 years time there will still be many people who think this was a homicide but it does really have many hallmarks of a suicide, and no evidence of involvement of anyone else.

If there is a single puzzle for me, it is the missing wallet. But that may have been taken post mortem, so you really can't go too far with that unless it is recovered.

This may get a little lengthy. First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to stryker and lava for their valuable contribution and irreplaceable insight. I wish we had a stryker and lava in every case.

I have followed Cheryl's case from the very beginning. However, I have not posted much, except for the occasional link here and there, because I have been (and still am) so on the fence as to what might have happened: I just cannot discount the possibility of suicide.

I just would like to share a personal perspective. I very much believe that everyone is different, and the last thing I wish to do is to even remotely suggest that I know what was going through Cheryl's mind on the morning of Feb. 8th. It is also important to point out that based on MSM reports, as well as personal accounts, Cheryl was a happy, healthy woman with no history of mental illness, while I have suffered from depression on and off for almost 30 years now with multiple hospitalizations for that reason, and that I am not a clinician.

I just want to say that I can completely see myself doing all of the things Cheryl did that morning (i.e., taking the food out of the freezer for dinner, leaving home to go to work, rather than staying home, texting to her carpool partner that she would only be gone for 10 minutes and that she may ride back with him/her at the end of the day -but also telling him/er, "Just go without me"-, etc.) and then ending my life an hour or two later.

I have been on medication and have had regular therapy (once every week or every other week, depending on symptoms) continuously for the last 17 years, and over the years, I have learned to recognize that maybe it's time to ask for extra help if I find myself either:

1. absolutely obsessing over how I can "off myself" while minimizing its potential effect on my children (one is a teen, and the other a "tween") as much as possible. My teenage daughter also suffers from a mood disorder (her psychiatrist suspects bi-polar), so if I am to go through with it, it would be of utmost importance that it does not look like a suicide, so as to not set a poor example for my daughter. Naturally, I would not leave a note because I would not want them to know the truth.

2. feeling -what I describe as- an overwhelming urge to end my life. This is very difficult to explain, and does not happen often, but I have noticed its frequency and intensity increasing with the onset of perimenopause (I am in my early 40's, and a female ;)). I may be driving home after work, and suddenly, I am overcome by an urge to go off the road, or stop by at the Walgreen's at the next exit, get a couple of packs of Benedryl and a bottle of vodka, and go sit by the nearest creek (once I start to feel sleepy, I may fall in, which would ensure death; also, there would be no mess in the car for others to clean up). There would be no note, because all I am focusing on is to end it all, so to speak, as fast as possible.

Usually, for me, there is something -however minute and insignificant it may seem- that triggers this type of mindset. It can be something as small as someone cutting me off while driving, or texting someone and not being able to think of a word I know I should be able to remember. Medical research suggests that perimenopause affects one's cognitive capabilities, and, while it may all be in my head, I am definitely feeling its effects.

My sincere apologies if anyone finds this offensive. Again, I am not suggesting that this is what Cheryl was going through. I do not wish this upon my worst enemy. Depression really sucks, and I hate how badly it affects not only the patient suffering from it but his/er loved ones.

Hugs!!!!!
Thank you for telling us your perspective.

I just would like to share a personal perspective. I very much believe that everyone is different, and the last thing I wish to do is to even remotely suggest that I know what was going through Cheryl's mind on the morning of Feb. 8th. It is also important to point out that based on MSM reports, as well as personal accounts, Cheryl was a happy, healthy woman with no history of mental illness, while I have suffered from depression on and off for almost 30 years now with multiple hospitalizations for that reason, and that I am not a clinician.

I just want to say that I can completely see myself doing all of the things Cheryl did that morning (i.e., taking the food out of the freezer for dinner, leaving home to go to work, rather than staying home, texting to her carpool partner that she would only be gone for 10 minutes and that she may ride back with him/her at the end of the day -but also telling him/er, "Just go without me"-, etc.) and then ending my life an hour or two later.

I have been on medication and have had regular therapy (once every week or every other week, depending on symptoms) continuously for the last 17 years, and over the years, I have learned to recognize that maybe it's time to ask for extra help if I find myself either:

1. absolutely obsessing over how I can "off myself" while minimizing its potential effect on my children (one is a teen, and the other a "tween") as much as possible. My teenage daughter also suffers from a mood disorder (her psychiatrist suspects bi-polar), so if I am to go through with it, it would be of utmost importance that it does not look like a suicide, so as to not set a poor example for my daughter. Naturally, I would not leave a note because I would not want them to know the truth.

2. feeling -what I describe as- an overwhelming urge to end my life. This is very difficult to explain, and does not happen often, but I have noticed its frequency and intensity increasing with the onset of perimenopause (I am in my early 40's, and a female ;)). I may be driving home after work, and suddenly, I am overcome by an urge to go off the road, or stop by at the Walgreen's at the next exit, get a couple of packs of Benedryl and a bottle of vodka, and go sit by the nearest creek (once I start to feel sleepy, I may fall in, which would ensure death; also, there would be no mess in the car for others to clean up). There would be no note, because all I am focusing on is to end it all, so to speak, as fast as possible.

Usually, for me, there is something -however minute and insignificant it may seem- that triggers this type of mindset. It can be something as small as someone cutting me off while driving, or texting someone and not being able to think of a word I know I should be able to remember. Medical research suggests that perimenopause affects one's cognitive capabilities, and, while it may all be in my head, I am definitely feeling its effects.

My sincere apologies if anyone finds this offensive. Again, I am not suggesting that this is what Cheryl was going through. I do not wish this upon my worst enemy. Depression really sucks, and I hate how badly it affects not only the patient suffering from it but his/er loved ones.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I had thought about the menopause/mood swings thing.

Can I ask you if you can make any sense of putting animal blood on a car seat before a suicide? It seems to me that if Cheryl was brilliant enough to make her death so mysterious and convoluted that a suicide wouldn't be obvious and might even be murder, she'd be smart enough to realize that animal blood would quickly be identified as not human and wouldn't support the murder theory. If she put that blood there purposefully, why not just use her own blood? Her body was full of it!

This animal blood REALLY has me perplexed. As does the missing personal belongings, although those wouldn't be hard to throw in 3 separate areas on a walk to the culvert.

At this point, we don't even really know that the bag caused the suffocation. Someone could have come up behind her and suffocated her with whatever, put a bag over her head and dumper her in the culvert.

Couldn't a bag over the head be used for homicide or suicide?

It could but I would say there are far fewer cases with it used in a homicide, than in suicides. Without any evidence of her being restrained or assaulted, or any trace evidence on the bag, it looks far less like a homicide.

Imagine holding a bag over someone's head. You need to do more than hold the bag on, you need to restrain their arms. Or have immobilized them first (drugs, hit them on the head, tie them up etc) Probably the most certain way to hold the bag on would also be to hold it tight around their neck, there would be some marks. And at that point, why not just strangle them?

I'm still interested in what was in the lungs, if anything. It would be easy to imagine a bag over your head would function like inhaling a balloon if you went in the water with it on. No matter how much you inhale and fight, the water pressure keeps it over your mouth and nose.

Thank you for posting a personal experience.

I know of several people who killed themselves and to ALL their closest family members seemed happy and well adjusted. One friend of mine in Vancouver did so, no history of mental illness or treatment, and he had a wonderful job and family and spent a lot of time with his adult sons. I absolutely cannot comprehend why he did it, only it became clear as they looked into his life he had been secretly struggling with depression for years and didn't get any help.

My own daughter attempted to kill herself, and we saw no outward signs that anything was amiss (at least to that level).

Lastly I discovered the body of a former co-worker of mine who killed himself, and in the back seat of his car were the booster seats for his two children. How can anyone convince themselves that their children are better off without them? That urge (to protect and be around for your kids) is very strong. Yet, he did it. His mind was so imbalanced that killing himself seemed like the best option for his family. He secretly considered himself a failure and do to problems maintaining medical coverage between employers stopped taking his medication.

I am sure in 10 years time there will still be many people who think this was a homicide but it does really have many hallmarks of a suicide, and no evidence of involvement of anyone else.

If there is a single puzzle for me, it is the missing wallet. But that may have been taken post mortem, so you really can't go too far with that unless it is recovered.

The single puzzle isn't the animal blood? I can get over the wallet more than the animal blood.

Can I ask you if you can make any sense of putting animal blood on a car seat before a suicide? It seems to me that if Cheryl was brilliant enough to make her death so mysterious and convoluted that a suicide wouldn't be obvious and might even be murder

If the goal was to cause enough confusion that would delay finding her until she was definitely deceased, animal blood would work just fine. I've seen similar behavior before -- one example was a woman that avoided security cameras which definitely did delay the investigation because it caused us to focus in a different direction of travel. Unfortunately she had already died before the family reported her missing (she had a good head start), so it really had no impact on the outcome.

Unfortunately trying to apply clear logic to suicidal behavior is problematic. Sometimes people just do stuff.

Possible additional evidence that would prove suicide:

Surveillance video from any business with Cheryl walking after 7:00.

Computer searches of suicide methods.

Suicide note.

GPS data from her phone that shows her walking (someone upthread said they don't need her phone to get this evidence).

Drug or alcohol use.

It seems like a pretty low bar to prove suicide if that is what happened.

I'm still interested in what was in the lungs, if anything. It would be easy to imagine a bag over your head would function like inhaling a balloon if you went in the water with it on. No matter how much you inhale and fight, the water pressure keeps it over your mouth and nose.

Stryker says there was a small amount of water in her lungs.

It could but I would say there are far fewer cases with it used in a homicide, than in suicides. Without any evidence of her being restrained or assaulted, or any trace evidence on the bag, it looks far less like a homicide.

Imagine holding a bag over someone's head. You need to do more than hold the bag on, you need to restrain their arms. Or have immobilized them first (drugs, hit them on the head, tie them up etc) Probably the most certain way to hold the bag on would also be to hold it tight around their neck, there would be some marks. And at that point, why not just strangle them?

I really appreciate your knowledge and input. Isn't a bag used in a suicide done in combination with drugs, alcohol, or helium? Suicide with only a relatively flimsy bag is actually fairly difficult and rare??

My parents have cats, when transported they are in cat carrier. No blood is inside the cat carrier. Also animal blood was fresh enough and of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand.
thank you! how odd..so what do you make of the blood that was found? i am presently clueless...

I wanted to look at a map with Google Earth from where her car was found to where the culvert is. Has one been posted? Or does anyone have the two addresses?

Do you have a source for this information?
A Google search just produced the following:

http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20130818/NEWS01/708189964&template=MobileArt

91a9dfb5a62b90aa70837809de507985.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Stryker
Was the animal blood fresh? I got that impression because you said it was quantity enough to smear with your hand (or words to that effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member