Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received some news today from detectives, makes believe even more strongly that this is a homicide case. ME is not ready to rule on "manner of death" at this time. I would think police may release this piece of info the the public in the not to distant future.

I don't mean to lead you guys on. I just haven't posted recently. I have a job, and am trying to get back into the swing of a somewhat normal life. It is hard not knowing what, why what happened did.

(modsnip)

Lavaland, I hear you and can see what you mean, but that website or better that page is public and can be linked everywhere. The names that are there can be all over this web world as it is neither private nor protected.

All the ones who are there speaking can feel nothing but honor and pride in their words and in the way they were able to express their feelings about that brilliant, soft spoken, kind and caring lady that Cheryl was.

As for this forum, you have only a few posts here, may be you don't know it deeply but believe me if there is a really victim's friendly forum WS is the one.

I wish you peace and strength to live the turmoil that this loss mainly in the way it was, brings to all of you.

Santa Anna california cops must be desperate cause they hired a friend of mines son that I wouldnt be caught within 100 miles of him knowing he had a gun in his possession. We shall see how it all works out he is in training now for 6 months but really i was shocked he passed the psychological if they still give those to new hires

Does that mean that in order to become a police officer in California, someone walks in off the street, has 6 months of on-the-job training, and they are then a police officer?

Add me to the list of those who have not been impressed with the Mountlake Terrace Police Department. For several days this week and last, citizens calling with tips or questions about the case were transferred by the receptionist to Detective Heidi Froisland's voice mail. They were not first informed by the receptionist nor in Froisland's voice mail message that she was out of the office for several days. It was only the few callers who transferred out of the voice mail and asked if they could hold for Froisland who were informed she was out for several days for "training." Ditto with those trying to reach her supervisor last week. Froisland is back in the office today.

How do you know that the tips and questions are directed to voice mail? Was it in the news? Are these tips from eye-witnesses who have information specific to Cheryl's disappearance and death, or are these people who discuss the case on a forum, or social media, and decide to help police do their jobs with social media insights? I don't mean to sound dismissive, but I doubt police are interested in tips that are first cycled through social media.

Received some news today from detectives, makes believe even more strongly that this is a homicide case. ME is not ready to rule on "manner of death" at this time. I would think police may release this piece of info the the public in the not to distant future.

I don't mean to lead you guys on. I just haven't posted recently. I have a job, and am trying to get back into the swing of a somewhat normal life. It is hard not knowing what, why what happened did.

Thank you, stryker.

You and yours have been in my thoughts. I hope life is starting to feel a bit more bearable.

Does that mean that in order to become a police officer in California, someone walks in off the street, has 6 months of on-the-job training, and they are then a police officer?

guess so, really me thinks this boy is not right for the job...

That seems unusual, but I guess different places do things differently. Some places have a 2 year criminal justice program that must be completed, in addition to several other attributes. That is just the beginning, and is followed by all sorts of additional testing and requirements. I don't know much about it, but I do know that screening eliminates many.

ADMIN NOTE: The thread is open again for posting.

Regarding the link which was debated earlier today, pursuant to a request from a verified family member, I'm removing the link as a courtesy; and trust the rest of you will extend the same courtesy, and refrain from posting the tribute link, or drawing attention to it.

To be sure, it is a public link. No TOS infractions occurred by posting it. No one should feel guilty about posting it. Not in the least. But it's not always about "the rules". ;)

ETA: As a reminder, it IS a TOS violation to tell other members how and what to post. If you observe a rule infraction, ALERT on the problematic post and/or pm a mod. DO NOT reply to the post. Once you do, YOU are now a part of the problem.

The quoted comment states citizens calling with tips OR questions

Hi Dushi, thanks for the opportunity to clarify what I meant by questions about the case. This should have been better described by me as possible leads initiated as questions. As examples only and not specific to this case: "There appears to be torn clothing in my front yard--should I bring it in or should an officer come to my house?" Or, "Have you heard of this old unsolved case from another state that appears similar to this one?"

This is only a thought. Could this police officer whose phone calls were going to voicemail and it was said she was off at a training meeting, actually been out in the field following up on a lead(s)? She may have been traveling for the case to another city.

This is information that is not going to be broadcasted to the public. She may have been checking voicemails constantly during her absence. This is similar to calling your lawyer and getting the common response from the receptionist "he is out of the office or he is with a client", when in actuality he is sitting in his office without a client.

Aggravating, but that is what happens.

If you know something that is really crucial then maybe you should call it in to Santa Ana BackGround investigators of the Santa Ana PD. They would welcome it.

Becoming a cop in California requires quite an extensive background investigation, medical tests, psych tests, extensive polygraph exams, physical requirements, written tests, interviews with past employers, landlords, spouses, family members, neighbors, school records. They go over your past with a fine tooth comb.

If they overlooked something important then you should call it in.

If you know something that is really crucial then maybe you should call it in to Santa Ana BackGround investigators of the Santa Ana PD. They would welcome it.

Becoming a cop in California requires quite an extensive background investigation, medical tests, psych tests, extensive polygraph exams, physical requirements, written tests, interviews with past employers, landlords, spouses, family members, neighbors, school records. They go over your past with a fine tooth comb.

If they overlooked something important then you should call it in.

I think he like his mom is a bi - polar. surely the cops will figure that out. He just started so at least the city is safe for 6 months. What would I tell them ? Oh he is a nut job what were you guys thinking ? LOL

So we've hit the wall? ... nothing new? ... expounding "my own theory" ... police on voice mail ... and here we are with a murder that is not solved quickly.

What a shame.

Fortunately police found evidence (which they will not discuss for now) at the scene.

<modsnip>

Anyone who cares about a 53 year old woman who vanished one morning on her way to work is dumbfounded by her disappearance and murder on February 8.

I think he like his mom is a bi - polar. surely the cops will figure that out. He just started so at least the city is safe for 6 months. What would I tell them ? Oh he is a nut job what were you guys thinking ? LOL

Cheryl de Boer did not have mental illness, neither does her mother, or niece. There is no reason to jump to the assumption that a rather dull mom who worked in the same job for 15 years was suicidal.

When applying to the police force, young boys have high dreams, but qualifications are typically rigorous. Jo schmoe with a gun and authority after 6 months would scare anyone.

Cheryl de Boer did not have mental illness, neither does her mother, or niece. There is no reason to jump to the assumption that a rather dull mom who worked in the same job for 15 years was suicidal.

When applying to the police force, young boys have high dreams, but qualifications are typically rigorous. Jo schmoe with a gun and authority after 6 months would scare anyone.

I belive they were talking about another person, not Cheryl or family. :)

so sorry your confused, this particular conversation had nothing to do with Cheryl but rather an off topic brief discussion about how some cops are bad ,lazy etc , I mentioned I know a young man since birth who is now newly employed with LE in California, I stated I wouldnt get anywhere near him if I knew he had a weapon. Woe unto Califrnia if he passes all the schooling

I dont think u should tell them anything at all.

I dont think u should tell them anything at all.

thank you I wasnt going to LOL like they would consider anything i had to say anyways LOL If they were smart they would but from what his mom tells me they are hard up for cops there. Apparently it is over run with gangs and low on cops so i guess that is why they offer 78 K to start.

Iv'e known the kid since the day his mom delivered him, but LE could care less what I have to say LOL

I was relieved to read Stryker's post this morning
It gives me hope that progress is being made

And Stryker, no need to apologize.
We appreciate that you have joined us.
Come in if and when you feel up to it.
Trying to get back to normal, a new normal, is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online