Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been no report AFAIK

Detectives said the Snohomish County medical examiner performed an autopsy, and found small cuts on two of DeBoer’s fingers that appear to be self-inflicted. The medical examiner is waiting for more…

FYI...See Thread #3

It's hard for me to imagine CD being thrown into that culvert without sustaining injuries unless they weren't relevant because she was already deceased. I say thrown because I believe someone disposing of a body will take the easiest route. It has been suggested to me that she could have been rolled but I believe there would still be injuries, at least cuts inflicted by those thorns and more than two.

Detectives said the Snohomish County medical examiner performed an autopsy, and found small cuts on two of DeBoer’s fingers that appear to be self-inflicted. The medical examiner is waiting for more…

FYI...See Thread #3

Yeah, I am aware of this report.
I was referring to a complete autopsy report.

It's hard for me to imagine CD being thrown into that culvert without sustaining injuries unless they weren't relevant because she was already deceased. I say thrown because I believe someone disposing of a body will take the easiest route. It has been suggested to me that she could have been rolled but I believe there would still be injuries, at least cuts inflicted by those thorns and more than two.

Yes, I have actually been stuck in those type bushes while trying to retrieve my dog, you cannot possibly come out unscathed.

From this video (last few seconds):

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/17/autopsy-finds-small-self-inflicted-cuts-on-cheryl-deboers-fingers-homicide-other-causes-of-death-being-investigated/

Police have collected a significant amount of evidence so far.

Obviously we are not privy to all of that evidence considering how little we know but we do know police continue to investigate all manners of death.

One thing police have done is have experts in tracking look at that foliage and the entrance to the culvert hopefully to determine how someone went there or was placed there.

Something else about this nags at me. Why didn't CD go home? She'd sent her text. Received her reply that her friend would wait. Why did she hesitate? The odds of something coincidentally happening right at that moment must be astronomical. Apparently she disappeared from the area of her car. She may have been inside. So why not drive home?

Something else about this nags at me. Why didn't CD go home? She'd sent her text. Received her reply that her friend would wait. Why did she hesitate? The odds of something coincidentally happening right at that moment must be astronomical. Apparently she disappeared from the area of her car. She may have been inside. So why not drive home?

Exactly. Whether this was homicide or not, I think going back for the I.D. was a ruse on her part. Just no clue why.

Whether you can buy into it or not, what could be the reasoning for not saying this is homicide?

My current theory is that she either died of organ/heart failure or drowning. Which caused which? Was she incapacitated and drown? Incapacitated by what? Force, organ failure, drugs? And if it was organ failure, what brought that on? Fear, force, drugs? Did she take the drugs or administered to her? Probably too shallow of water to drown if you have your wits about you. I can see this as being a total mess to figure out, especially if there are not outward signs of physical injury or signs of others being involved.

ETA- I don't really suspect drugs..

JMO She had no intention of going home. JMO

When the text was sent, we do not know if she hit "send" inside, just outside, halfway inside, halfway outside, on the driver's side, enroute to/from Veteran's Memorial Park Trail to MLT Transit Center, or standing behind her car and looking in trunk.
Maybe she hit "send" while inside her car, after which she decided to exit car and look in trunk, and/or elsewhere in her vehicle...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I don't see anything astronomical about attacking a person who is distracted by a phone. Dru Sjoden was on the phone with her boyfriend when she was attacked in a parking lot during the day. Cheryl was distracted, texting, and something happened to her. Her phone was powered down, and she was eventually left in the culvert.

I don't see anything astronomical about attacking a person who is distracted by a phone. Dru Sjoden was on the phone with her boyfriend when she was attacked in a parking lot during the day. Cheryl was distracted, texting, and something happened to her. Her phone was powered down, and she was eventually left in the culvert.

I tend to agree with you otto. I know whenever my mom was doing anything on her phone she was practically oblivious to anything going on around her. You could ask her a questions, and she wouldn't even realize you were talking to her.

That's how it seems to me too.

ETA: which leads me to believe she had some business she thought she could finish in 10 minutes.

Perhaps meeting someone to talk with before commute to work? JMO

CD wasn't just distracted. We have the odd coincidence that she had just sent a text saying she was going home and would be back in 10 minutes. But she never made any progress toward that.

CD wasn't just distracted. We have the odd coincidence that she had just sent a text saying she was going home and would be back in 10 minutes. But she never made any progress toward that.

We really don't know that though.

We really don't know that though.

Her car was found in the 23,400 block of 58th W. Police said she disappeared from the area of her car. They asked citizens to report anything that occurred in the area in front of library.

Perhaps she powered the phone down, went to the passenger side, sat there waiting for her friend or whomever she was meeting. The friend sat in the driver's seat. The conversation got uncomfortable and she felt anxious and afraid. She actually scraped her two fingers with her own nails and caused these 'self-inflicted' cuts. From there, we don't know where she was taken. JMO

Her car was found in the 23,400 block of 58th W. Police said she disappeared from the area of her car. They asked citizens to report anything that occurred in the area in front of library.

58th would have been the last point en-route to the transit center that she could have turned around. If that was what she was doing this would indicate progress to returning home. IMO

As much as I would love to stay and chat I have to leave for a while. Don't figure everything out while I'm gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper