Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true. Police have been clear since Feb 17 that everyone in the area should be cautious, pay attention to surroundings, and report anything unusual.
Pickard didn't say that everyone should be especially cautious, he said that they should use the same common sense, such as parking in well lit areas, paying attention to surroundings, etc., just as he always recommended. When asked if the people of MLT were safe, he said "It's safe."

What I want to know, is it possible someone flagged Cheryl down and that's why she pulled over on 58th, since she was most very likely heading to the actual transit center? She would pull over if she recognized the car, wouldn't she?

Also, for her to drown with a plastic bag on her head, meant that she had passed out from lack of oxygen, which means she was put into that culvert alive - and that, to me, does NOT sound well thought-out. It's sounds like someone who had never done "this" before.

This whole thing makes me so sad for her, her family, and the community. :(

Isn't that just what you do on any normal day? It just seems like you should do something in addition to that when one of your neighbors ends up drowned in the neighborhood stream and no one even tells you that she had a plastic bag around her neck until 5 weeks later.

JMO
Can you think of any murder case when LE has made a really big deal about safety to the public? I think they try to avoid panic.

They hold back info like that because it is something only the killer would know. They wont release this information.

How can u die from Asphyxia and drowning?
wouldn't it have to be one or the other.

yes you are right but they also said they didnt feel the residents were in any danger

I recall that a reported asked an officer, at the time the body was being recovered - on scene - if the public should be afraid. The officer said no. Clearly something changed on Feb 17, when police told the public to be cautious, pay attention, and report anything suspicious. The investigation is fluid, so although they may have said one thing on Feb 14, they said something different three days later.

Well that pretty much resolves (to me at least) the possibility of an involved plot by someone she knows to find her and kill her. I would think that a plastic bag screams "crime of opportunity." by someone using whatever was handy. Not a plot from the bowels of Fred Hutch or whatever...

It would be when someone passes out from lack of oxygen, and then water enters their lungs while they are passed out.

This also likely means that whoever found Cheryl has to live with the horror of seeing her like that :(

Can you think of any murder case when LE has made a really big deal about safety to the public? I think they try to avoid panic.

This made me chuckle a little bit just trying to think of a time when LE told the public to be cautious, pack weapons, don't go out at dark, only travel in groups of 3, etc. You are totally right, of course. It feels so different when it is your own community. Thanks for the perspective check.

Perhaps having a bag over her head, and her head under water, leaves some room for uncertainty. Perhaps toxicology results can answer the question.

Well that pretty much resolves (to me at least) the possibility of an involved plot by someone she knows to find her and kill her. I would think that a plastic bag screams "crime of opportunity." by someone using whatever was handy. Not a plot from the bowels of Fred Hutch or whatever...

I'm still of the opinion its someone she knows.
Wouldn't the bag have fingerprints?

Perhaps having a bag over her head, and her head under water, leaves some room for uncertainty. Perhaps toxicology results can answer the question.

I thought perhaps she was left for dead with the bag tied around her head and when she was put in the culvert then she drowned.. wouldn't her hands have be tied?

"The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office has completed the examination of Cheryl D. DeBoer, 53, of Mountlake Terrace, WA, who was found deceased near 244th Street SW and Cedar Way in Mountlake Terrace on February 14, 2016. The cause of death is asphyxia due to plastic bag over head and freshwater drowning. The manner of death is Undetermined."

http://snohomishcountywa.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/4430

I thought perhaps she was left for dead with the bag tied around her head and when she was put in the culvert then she drowned.. wouldn't her hands have be tied?

I think it's possible. Self inflicted injuries to a hand also make more sense. Anyone struggling to breath could easily injure themselves in that effort.

I'm still of the opinion its someone she knows.
Wouldn't the bag have fingerprints?

Eileen730 - what leads you to that? Convince me!! :) Mark my word.. the perps will be Joe nobody and his friend or girlfriend Jane nobody meth head. white, late teens to mid 20's driving a beater van or SUV missing 1 plastic bag. Probably parked in a free transient parking spot right now.

Yes you can but I do not believe for one second it was suicide! Someone did this to her!

And no, I dont think I am being paranoid! (that was meant for the person that posted earlier that said there was no need to be paranoid and that MLT was as safe always).

Me either not one second - I'm with you. I'm not from the area but you have every reason to be concerned. I'd rather be paranoid than walk around with a false sense of security. Stryker57 did say news would be released soon and it made him believe even more that this was a homocide and I agree with that statement.

http://www.slideshare.net/jonnieSuicide/hypoxicdeathandtheexitbag

seems ppl do commit suicide this way they also take drugs! I guess this is why they are waiting for the tox report.
From what I know of the exit bag, it's supposed to be the gentlest and "least scary" way to commit suicide. I never read of someone using that method while standing in the middle of a small creek so that when they passed out they'd fall into the water. The whole point is supposed to be that it's gentle, like falling asleep - which just doesn't gel with me for how Cheryl was found.

I don't know if Cheryl's hands would have had to have been tied, necessarily, because if whoever held the bag over her head thought she was "out", and she fought it causing small cuts on her hand, then she would have passed out and they would have left her in the water thinking they had killed her already.

MOO

Eileen730 - what leads you to that? Convince me!! :) Mark my word.. the perps will be Joe nobody and his friend or girlfriend Jane nobody meth head. white, late teens to mid 20's driving a beater van or SUV missing 1 plastic bag. Probably parked in a free transient parking spot right now.

Just a feeling!
Its either someone she knows or a suicide.

I don't see a random attack.
For what?
Whats the motive?

sorry I just don't see it!

bbm

Anyone's theories are good to hear. :)

Theories are good to hear as long as they are based on fact. Otherwise it is just gossip. I think it's more useful to investigations if forums like this collate facts and offer support to family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members