Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the police department is prepared to lay out a very detailed and concise report on this entire event.

I understand that families are usually the last ones to want to accept something like this, but in this case, the entire community is having a hard time accepting it. It appears the PD has decided to start a PR campaign in an attempt to sway people over to their side of things. We've gotten more information in the last 2 days than we've gotten in the entire six weeks prior .

Little by little, more information is coming out and the police chief has decided to get pretty chatty with the local reporters. I notice Pickard has done a disappearing act for the most part, reason unknown. Admittedly by the chief, there is still evidence to be processed and testing to be done. It sounds as if they've made up their mind to me though.

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...0&share_tid=302961&share_fid=730&share_type=t
WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

It's post #1296 in thread 5. He said it prior to that post too.

This link goes nowhere, but I assume you found the post where he said that, so thank you. But this article from 2 days ago seems to suggest the results have not been returned yet and I can't find any MSM link that says they were. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ed-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-over-her-head/

This link goes nowhere, but I assume you found the post where he said that, so thank you. But this article from 2 days ago seems to suggest the results have not been returned yet and I can't find any MSM link that says they were. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ed-of-drowning-had-plastic-bag-over-her-head/
Do you see the bottom where I wrote the post number in case the link didn't work?

ETA - they have only released the results to the family, not the public. They don't have to tell us.

Can you find a link to this because I swear he actually said it could take weeks. It usually does.

I am having trouble finding comments Stryker said but I did read that he said the family got the tox report last week and was surprised LE hadn't made them public (May not be his exact words).

Stryker57 stated very clearly that his family had been given the test results a week or two ago, and that everything showed negative for any drugs in her system. He also expressed some intrigue as to why the tox reports were still being withheld from the public, because the family already knew the results. Obviously, those results don't do much to bolster the case for suicide....but it is what it is.

Do you see the bottom where I wrote the post number in case the link didn't work?

ETA - they have only released the results to the family, not the public. They don't have to tell us.

Yes, I see the post number now, thank you again.

I absolutely know they don't have to tell us anything, but it seems odd that a family member would be permitted to leak that kind of information. I was really looking for an MSM link. Seems an innocuous thing to report on if in fact the results came back with nothing suspicious.

Can you find a link to this because I swear he actually said it could take weeks. It usually does.

Stryker said his family had gotten tox results back last week and was wondering why LE hadnt released that information (May not be his exact words).

So she could've been in some sleep walking comatose state during all this? I think, if I'm reading that correctly.
If drugs are going to be in her system, I wonder if she had or has a prescription for any type of sleeping aid or barbiturates. If not, I wonder where she'd get them?? Or who would've given them to her?

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
Barbiturates are still prescribed for a few situations but they have largely been replaced by benzodiazepines which could render you unconscious but would still allow your body to remove the bag defeating the asphyxiation. To asphyxiate without drugs would be almost impossible.

However, Cheryl may have been lying in very cold water which would have an effect on the body. I'm also wondering if she could have used hyperventilation to defeat her breathing reflex and allowing her to pass out.

Just some random thoughts:

-if this was a suicide, could the razor in Cheryl's pocket indicate that she had initially planned to slit her wrists or throat (btw, my grandmother attempted suicide that way)? Perhaps the 'self inflicted' cuts to the fingers were a practice to see how much it would hurt or bleed. Maybe Cheryl changed her might about her method.

-the presence of animal blood in the vehicle seems weird. I don't know if she hunted or had pets, but I doubt she traveled around with bleeding cats or dogs in her car. Perhaps the blood could be from juices leaked from raw meat, such as a package of steak that broke open.

Yes, I see the post number now, thank you again.

I absolutely know they don't have to tell us anything, but it seems odd that a family member would be permitted to leak that kind of information. I was really looking for an MSM link. Seems an innocuous thing to report on if in fact the results came back with nothing suspicious.

Maybe that's why the cops seem to have entered into campaign mode, trying to convince everyone this was a suicide is going to be a hard sell. If she had prozac, thorazine, and painkillers showing up in her blood, it would be a much easier case to make.
LE was expecting something to show up......it didn't.

Whoa. I just started watching a "48 Hours" rerun ("A Fall From Grace") where a young woman was murdered but it was staged to look like a suicide via plastic bag.

Watch it all the way through until the conclusion and see how they solved it. We'll forward the information over to Pickard.

Some documentation on drowning and asphyxia for those interested. http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/E-Book/asphyxia/drowning

Stryker57's posts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5417564

Lavaland's posts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5417568

I spent many years counselling suicidal people and been there myself. Usually the methods that come to mind are the fastest or most convenient - unless you want someone to suffer afterwards. When considering other people, ie "I don't want them to find me", usually a more remote place is discovered, if ever at all. She had to know she would be found in that culvert, and that her family would learn the details, otherwise if she didn't care, there is no explanation for why she wasn't in the car or her home. As someone else pointed out, it is really difficult to kill yourself in the manner she was found without the help of drugs, alcohol, or other devices to restrict your survival response. We do her an injustice by calling the bag found with her an Exit Bag - it was a plastic take out bag. The two things are very different and IMO one implies premeditation and the other doesn't. It is entirely possible the bag was already in the culvert, came to be around her head from moving water or some other means, and has nothing to do with her death. LE may have forensic evidence to the contrary - we don't know, but I do agree with some of you that this is either a diabolical homicide, or a perplexing suicide with one or more red herrings.

Her keys, phone and wallet are probably in a landfill, which wouldn't help clarify anything if they were found at this point IMO. If you look at all the facts we have and the timeline, none of it adds up to support either finding, so I can completely understand LE's statements.

Honestly, the more that comes out, the more it sounds like suicide to me. And repeating myself again...police and ME are not taking the easy way out by indicating this may be a suicide. They are still investigating, in any event and I find it hard to believe they would claim suicide (as well as convince an ME, if that is the determination) simply to close a case. To me, that is very unlikely but jmo. They sure are not making it easy on themselves in this case, if anything, they are getting worse PR than if they stated it was a murder but said they could not solve it.

Thanks everyone on this board today. This is one of those women who pull at so many heartstrings now that we know more about her. So very sad for her and those who knew and loved her, no matter what...

Was it raining or drizzing that morning ? Maybe CD just used the bag to keep her hair from getting wet..

Watch it all the way through until the conclusion and see how they solved it. We'll forward the information over to Pickard.
Not applicable, unfortunately. The young woman was found sitting in a car, with a so-called suicide note that did not sound like her and a plastic bag loosely over her head. And she was surrounded by her wedding thank-you notes, which she was in the midst of addressing. Then someone confessed, but there complications and charges were dropped. Investigation is still open.

Not applicable, unfortunately. The young woman was found sitting in a car, with a so-called suicide note that did not sound like her and a plastic bag loosely over her head. And she was surrounded by her wedding thank-you notes, which she was in the midst of addressing. Then someone confessed, but there complications and charges were dropped. Investigation is still open.

I just watched that as well. What a freak show, poor woman.

Was it raining or drizzing that morning ? Maybe CD just used the bag to keep her hair from getting wet..

It's possible I suppose, but I would think that she would have a hat or an umbrella considering that she lives in what I consider a "rainy state".

IMOO.

It's possible I suppose, but I would think that she would have a hat or an umbrella considering that she lives in what I consider a "rainy state".

IMOO.
Yes. And back when it happened locals said it was drizzling that morning. People in that area are so used to the wetness. I lived there my entire life until a year ago and I've never seen someone use a plastic bag over their head. I personally don't think this is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!