Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it borders on rude how he stated this:

“We’re going to be very meticulous in our investigation to make sure that we’re thorough,” Wilson said. “I think the public is used to seeing a crime drama on TV where the incident or crime is solved within an hour. It creates the belief that this is quick. It is not.”

Obviously nobody thinks this is one hour, or 3 day, or even 1 week investigation, and it's condescending of him to speak like that to the entire community. It's more unprofessionalism from MLTPD in my opinion, although I DO appreciate all that they have been doing.

I agree with your sentiments. Personally I don't even watch crime TV shows, and it always irritates me when people assume that everyone who's interested in crime/missing-unidentified persons/etc does.

Was going to get a lot more salty than that, but it's not worth it. People will always question other people's motives, intellect or their approach to something. It even happens here on WS at times, and thankfully when the mods discover that, it stops fast (like when one poster tries to tell another how to post, for example). My skin is plenty thick, but since you brought it up - I agree.

A zip tie indicates that she was possibly restrained, IMO. I guess it's also possible that a zip tie was found near her body and they don't know if it's related to Cheryl's death.

Or, the zip tie was possibly "planted" by Cheryl, IMO. I hope that LE can find DNA on it, and that they can link it to someone. If they do, and if they were to also find a bag-full of zip ties of the same type at the said person's residence, that would be even better (I've been watching too much ID, obviously ;)).

Or, the zip tie was possibly "planted" by Cheryl, IMO. I hope that LE can find DNA on it, and that they can link it to someone. If they do, and if they were to also find a bag-full of zip ties of the same type at the said person's residence, that would be even better (I've been watching too much ID, obviously ;)).
I don't believe for one second that Cheryl would plant things as part of her suicide. Not at ALL. Others may disagree, but for me, not a chance.

Posts from the "Comments" section of social media are considered rumor and are not allowed to be brought over and discussed here.

:tyou:

I don't believe for one second that Cheryl would plant things as part of her suicide. Not at ALL. Others may disagree, but for me, not a chance.
I don't believe she would commit suicide. I've tried to take part intelectually in the discussion but it doesn't strike me as plausible.

I don't believe she would commit suicide. I've tried to take part intelectually in the discussion but it doesn't strike me as plausible.
Han, I think we are on the same page. [emoji4]

re crime lab person, I believe the MLT PD said something about "end of the month" IIRC.

This week is Spring break for many schools -this person may have gone on family vacation until next week or is just out - for whatever reason.

I get the impression that LE farmed a lot of the forensics and lab work out to other counties /other LE so they are now at the mercy of those jurisdictions' schedules.

Han, I think we are on the same page. [emoji4]

I am there as well - going all through that trouble of making it appear to be to a homicide ...I don't get it . Especially knowing there was a good chance a loved one would be the source of questioning/speculation.

Personally, I think it's within the realm of possibility for someone who is (while also struggling to think rationally) trying to shield her family from the trauma of suicide (vs. homicide).

But, I'm still on the fence. I just don't know.

This week is Spring break for many schools -this person may have gone on family vacation until next week or is just out - for whatever reason.

I get the impression that LE farmed a lot of the forensics and lab work out to other counties /other LE so they are now at the mercy of those jurisdictions' schedules.

But they have had this blood since Feb what 8th?

“We’re going to be very meticulous in our investigation to make sure that we’re thorough,” Wilson said. “I think the public is used to seeing a crime drama on TV where the incident or crime is solved within an hour. It creates the belief that this is quick. It is not.”

Obviously nobody thinks this is one hour, or 3 day, or even 1 week investigation, and it's condescending of him to speak like that to the entire community. It's more unprofessionalism from MLTPD in my opinion, although I DO appreciate all that they have been doing.

Why do you think he was rude?

SNIP> She was found with a fast-food plastic bag loosely over her head in the culvert
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...y-no-evidence-cheryl-deboer-death-a-homicide/

SNIP> There is no evidence she was restrained.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/33173024436/permalink/10153984857079437/

IF the ziptie is related, wouldn't there be ligature marks on her neck?
Why test it if it's not related?
IF the "bag" was loosely placed over her head, how did she asphyxiate?
The tie could have been around her hands. They have to test it to find out if it's related. They need evidence.

The tie could have been around her hands. They have to test it to find out if it's related. They need evidence.

I agree, my post was more of a pondering thought which seems to go in circles and not so much in need of answers, however; I agree with you, but wouldn't there be ligature marks on her wrist (s)?

SNIP> She was found with a fast-food plastic bag loosely over her head in the culvert
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...y-no-evidence-cheryl-deboer-death-a-homicide/

SNIP> There is no evidence she was restrained.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/33173024436/permalink/10153984857079437/

IF the ziptie is related, wouldn't there be ligature marks on her neck?
Why test it if it's not related?
IF the "bag" was loosely placed over her head, how did she asphyxiate?

Sorry for the graphic content here...Google "shallow water blackout" explains a technique that divers use to bypass the natural urge to breath and what can happen. Also reading up on the plastic bag for suicide, apparently the biggest drawback is choosing the right size bag in order to pass-out before you completely run out of oxygen. If you are going to "secure" the bag, they suggest a large 40 gallon size to provide enough oxygen to keep you from panicking OTHERWISE with a smaller bag (fast food) you need to hold or tie the closure partly shut to "meter" the oxygen allowed in the smaller bag until you lose consciousness, falling forward into the water (in this case) . Not prepared to 100% say this is what happened..but...

Does anyone know if the West culvert area was ever taped off, other than the night the fire trucks were present when it was taped off? I haven't seen or cannot find it in any photos other than the night the fire trucks were there. If Cheryl's body was found there, why was it not taped off and people allowed to stand or walk in that area? ...from what I have seen and with the one exception the night fire trucks were there.uploadfromtaptalk1459201548076.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459201557558.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459201580249.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459201591929.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459201608964.jpg

an unknown device

When people are saying "why don't we have answers right now?" I think he is trying to answer the question and point out it is nothing like the process seen on fictional TV shows.

Does anyone know if the West culvert area was ever taped off, other than the night the fire trucks were present when it was taped off? I haven't seen or cannot find it in any photos other than the night the fire trucks were there. If Cheryl's body was found there, why was it not taped off and people allowed to stand or walk in that area? ...from what I have seen and with the one exception the night fire trucks were there.View attachment 91196View attachment 91197View attachment 91198View attachment 91199View attachment 91200

an unknown device

I see crime scene tape in the 3rd pic. Without good date/time stamps it isn't possible to tell what they had up and when. I don't think that because they may not have immediately have crime scene tape it means people could walk in. People can and do walk past the tape all the time. They get yelled at, the media pushes past the tape. The tape also has no legal meaning (by itself) in WA.

(edit) in other words the police have to police the scene.

I see crime scene tape in the 3rd pic. Without good date/time stamps it isn't possible to tell what they had up and when. I don't think that because they may not have immediately have crime scene tape it means people could walk in. People can and do walk past the tape all the time. They get yelled at, the media pushes past the tape. The tape also has no legal meaning (by itself) in WA.

I see crime tape in photos as well...on the east side of the street, not the West. The West side is the side I am questioning. And yes, people do walk past crime scene tape..but there was none on the west side to walk past. There is even a cameraman standing there. Yes, the tape itself has no legal meaning and yes for sure - police must monitor who goes in and out of area.

an unknown device

Instead of thinking that Cheryl would 'plant' evidence in order to make her suicide appear as it was a homicide, I really believe this was a homicide where the evidence was 'planted' to appear it was a suicide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy