Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has released some information. She had self-inflicted finger cuts, no defensive wounds, found with a bag, the text messages, her blood in the car, animal blood in the car, and more.

We know of some information they have not released. The toxicology analysis (given comments from her family, I assume it is negative for everything) and they would likely know her time of death. Why have they released some information but not these items? If the time of death isn't Monday, would that change anyone's opinion of what happened?

Won't they be able to access her cellphone records without the actual phone? If so, that will most likely solve it in most people's minds. Can anyone comment on what kind of data LE will have access to through her cellphone carrier? Will they get GPS data?

I think LE has to have a lot of additional evidence they have not released.

I do think its possible that she hid until the cover of night to move to the culvert or that she was in the culvert for some time before dying. So the time of death may have a slight affect on my opinion..but

The bag loosely "secured" around her head with NO evidence of a struggle, restraint or injury or torn bag. LE apparently collecting evidence on the east side of the culvert yet no evidence of entry on that side. (I think she entered on the west and walked through the culvert to be concealed) Glasses folded on or near her body. Razor blade in her pocket (never in my life). Cuts on her fingers (test cuts) Badge left at home, phone and wallet disposed of..all leading toward NOT wanting to be identified (for whatever reason) AND surprisingly enough, the fact that she wasn't seen walking to the culvert leads me to believe that she was very careful about her path that day. and the lack of any trace of another being involved..not a fibre, print on the bag?Scuff?Smudge?..... Evidence? .. not strong..but preponderance..

None of this is evidence of suicide. A murderer could secure a bag around someone's head. People have been murdered without signs of struggle. She may have kept her glasses folded in her pocket. Plenty of people have razor blades for various reasons that don't commit suicide. The badge left at home suggests that she was indeed going through her normal day (if she had claimed she left her badge at home but actually did not, that may be evidence of suicide). A murderer would likely dispose of her phone and wallet or take them.

If she had been seen walking to the culvert, that would mean suicide. If she is not seen walking to the culvert, that also means suicide.

You've stated the preponderance of the evidence supports suicide but you've forgotten she had no know mental health issues, she did not have a drinking or drug problem, and this method of suicide is rarely used without a drug combination.

You've taken the facts and twisted them into a pretzel to suggest suicide. The next argument will be that suicidal people do irrational things - as if murderers aren't capable of doing those same irrational things.

Anyone wanting to suggest murder also has to twist the facts to suggest murder.

While is lean towards suicide it is much easier for me to believe she could be suffocated by someone else without leaving defensive wounds than believe someone could suffocate themselves with a flimsy plastic bag hoping to fall into two-foot flowing creek and drown.

She was found in a large culvert containing a creek. Her clothes were not disheveled and there were no tears in the fabric. Her glasses were folded. Brambles covering the eastside of the culvert had not been disturbed. There were no signs of disturbance to the ground along the west side of the culvert, Wilson said.

http://www.theheraldbusinessjournal...323/NEWS01/160329601&template=PrinterFriendly

Every picture I have seen of Cheryl, she is wearing glasses.
I wish Stryker could tell us if she always wore glasses.

Her glasses were folded, she took them off and put them somewhere, IMO
If she wore glasses all day , every day and someone abducted/attacked her, I doubt her glasses would have been folded.

If she wore glasses for reading etc., she might not have been wearing them

Does anyone know if she wore her glasses always?

I think the suicide theory does a great disservice to Mrs. DeBoer and allows her killer to remain free.

It's an ongoing investigation so I hope that LE continues to investigate, being open to all scenarios, and that theories thrown around on WS or in the public, won't influence them otherwise. (I hope/trust they are following the evidence.) I wonder, IF any more evidence does point to suicide whether we will even hear about it.

However Cheryl got into the culvert, it was with enough ease as to not have her clothing disheveled or torn, according to LE

It's an ongoing investigation so I hope that LE continues to investigate, being open to all scenarios, and that theories thrown around on WS or in the public, won't influence them otherwise. (I hope/trust they are following the evidence.) I wonder, IF any more evidence does point to suicide whether we will even hear about it.

I am not sure we will
There was a suicide here last summer, a TV personality
Its clear that it was suicide, very clear, however to date it has never been reported as such
I believe out of respect for a very heartbroken, shocked family

It sounds like she did go to this place, but on a rare occasion.
I wonder what's the name of this restaurant.

IMOO.
Thank you Treelights, Han and Brandi. I hadn't seen that post by Stryker57. I also wonder what restaurant it was. Again, thanks. I hate how things in the media aren't always correct.

I am not sure we will
Its clear that it was suicide, very clear, however to date it has never been reported as such

I always picture the murderer rubbing their hands together and chuckling at posts like this one. - thinking how they outsmarted the police and public -all while planning the next murder.

I am not sure we will

Same thing happened in my community with a successful businessman. No details were released except where and how he was found. (I only searched for the info because I had been sitting next to him the weekend before at a neighborhood child's Bday celebration.

I just wonder how many homicides are given the label suicide simply because of the pieces not seeming to fit. Just thinking. This case is so unusual.

I always picture the murderer rubbing their hands together and chuckling at posts like this one. - thinking how they outsmarted the police and public -all while planning the next murder.

A post like this one?
But My response was to a post saying IF THERE IS EVIDENCE pointing to suicide, will we know
My opinion is IF THERE IS EVIDENCE, we may never hear it

If this is how you feel, do you think they have done this before? Or do you think they were just lucky the first time out of the box? One would think that with such specific circumstances surrounding CB's murder, that there would be other similar murders where the killer practiced. It would seem to defy all odds of probability that there would be no evidence left by the murderer. Either in her car, around her car, at the culvert, on her person or evidence such as a struggle.

If it's suicide, why would she get rid of her phone and wallet? Heck, I'm semi-well adjusted and the snakes that crawl around in my head..sheesh.. You're asking to explain why distraught people do what they do. We may never know, perhaps she didn't want to be identified when found, perhaps it was a connection to the real world that she was trying to escape from or perhaps she thought they were sending her coded messages from Pluto....or... perhaps the cops have them and we do not know. Still not evidence of Murder to the contrary supports someone trying to go away.

We see people doing this to a) make it difficult to find them (phone) and b) making it difficult to identify them (wallet). Of course, that is our supposition but we see it a lot, as well as distracting/rusing family members "I'm going to see so and so".

None of this is evidence of suicide. A murderer could secure a bag around someone's head. People have been murdered without signs of struggle. She may have kept her glasses folded in her pocket. Plenty of people have razor blades for various reasons that don't commit suicide. The badge left at home suggests that she was indeed going through her normal day (if she had claimed she left her badge at home but actually did not, that may be evidence of suicide). A murderer would likely dispose of her phone and wallet or take them.

If she had been seen walking to the culvert, that would mean suicide. If she is not seen walking to the culvert, that also means suicide.

You've stated the preponderance of the evidence supports suicide but you've forgotten she had no know mental health issues, she did not have a drinking or drug problem, and this method of suicide is rarely used without a drug combination.

You've taken the facts and twisted them into a pretzel to suggest suicide. The next argument will be that suicidal people do irrational things - as if murderers aren't capable of doing those same irrational things.

Anyone wanting to suggest murder also has to twist the facts to suggest murder.

While is lean towards suicide it is much easier for me to believe she could be suffocated by someone else without leaving defensive wounds than believe someone could suffocate themselves with a flimsy plastic bag hoping to fall into two-foot flowing creek and drown.

Evidence is everything known and found in relationship to this incident. An assertion is what I am making and I believe that the evidence points more toward my assertion than murder :) I hope we'll find out some day. You can buy..

Maybe, but wouldn't that make the person feel more comfortable and confident, and therefore less cautious and more likely to be caught?
Anyway, LE and even Stryker have not ruled out suicide and LE says there is no evidence of homicide. So, manner of death is very much an open question to discuss. Seems silly to avoid it on a sleuthing site.

Seems just as unlikely that there was any motive for murder as for suicide. Jmo

The bag loosely "secured" around her head with NO evidence of a struggle, restraint or injury or torn bag. LE apparently collecting evidence on the east side of the culvert yet no evidence of entry on that side. (I think she entered on the west and walked through the culvert to be concealed) Glasses folded on or near her body. Razor blade in her pocket (never in my life). Cuts on her fingers (test cuts) Badge left at home, phone and wallet disposed of..all leading toward NOT wanting to be identified (for whatever reason) AND surprisingly enough, the fact that she wasn't seen walking to the culvert leads me to believe that she was very careful about her path that day. and the lack of any trace of another being involved..not a fibre, print on the bag?Scuff?Smudge?..... Evidence? .. not strong..but preponderance..

I also forgot that where she parked that day may have been a diversion as well. "Did she carpool?" "Did she catch a bus?" " Maybe she's downtown?" Otherwise why not just drive to the culvert.. or elsewhere?

I just wonder how many homicides are given the label suicide simply because of the pieces not seeming to fit. Just thinking. This case is so unusual.
This is what scares me! As someone with a mental health condition, I fear that if I were to disappear that LE won't consider foul play (unless it's obvious) due to my psychiatric history. I fear that they would write me off as a probable suicide, even though, there is absolutely no chance I would try to hurt myself anymore.

Whenever I hear these cases it does make me wonder what LE would do if it were me that were missing / deceased. Which I guess is why I've clung to the idea that she was murdered.

If she did indeed commit suicide, I am very sorry for her family and truly hope they don't blame themselves for missing the signs (they aren't always obvious). I do hope that LE find the truth, whatever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08