GUILTY WA - Colton Harris-Moore - A criminal with a fan base of +18000

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he's a smart you man that doesn't want to be bothered by working to get the things he wants. There are a lot of people in our prisons that fit that description. Which is right where he belongs.

Lol...sorry, I am an utter twit sometimes. I would not ever defend any property that way - not worth it. That's what i meant by the insurance comment. If people are willing to die for "stuff", I think they need to re-evaluate life AND get more insurance :) I'm one of those people who doesn't want to "work", either. 'Cept I don't steal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the owner of the boat he fled to the Bahamas in...they're good people and I highly doubt they would want Colt to suffer punishment - I'll even ask. The captain felt badly for the kid, too. I sure as heck don't want him convicted to hard time. Why doesn't the govt find a great use for his skills? I know this isn't going to be popular, but I admire his spirit. I understand conviction, but please no prison time - that would be ridiculous. This kid (yep, in my eyes he's still a kid) needs love and a chance to use his skills to help people. MOO.

I hope he turns out to be really successful in life. I'll even write him if he does get time (and I've never considered such a thing until this moment!).

Too bad he didn't do his homework on the bahamas and go further south=)

I think he needs to be punished (it's how we learn right from wrong and this kid was never taught.. if he is to ever learn he needs to be taught. this is coming from someone who was also never taught until adulthood and a felony record), now.. prison, I'm not so sure that's what he needs because all you learn in prison is how to be a better criminal. In prison you are the prey or you prey upon others.. it's the only way to survive and somebody like him will prey upon others because it's all he knows, it's how he's had to live his whole life (thanks to his {unusual person} of a mother). IMO Prison would be a bad place for him if they ever plan on letting him out, he'd end up back in less then 3 years. I also think he needs massive amounts of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (DBT specifically IMO) and iirc he's been smoking weed since what 12ish? so he'll need help developing emotionally because we all know we stop growing emotionally at the age we begin using.. so emotionally he's a baby. And he needs somebody to love him and believe in him.. someone he can trust and count on no matter what.. the things he should have had but never did with his mother. And he needs an education.. he's a smart kid so that's no biggie but he needs a diploma so he can further his education. And he needs to stay away from his mother.. that will be difficult because she is his mother and we all want our mothers love and to believe our mother loves us but some mothers are just incapable and IMO his mother will only take advantage of him over and over again if he allows her.

I think this kid has a chance and I really hope society does not throw him away.

All this is JMO

I'll admit it.. i was a member of his facebook fan page while he was on the run LOL
I even told my husband "Ohh that sucks" when i heard he was caught.. I sooo know i shouldn't feel that way.. a crime is a crime.. i cannot explain why I was so much in his corner.

Me too!! And I'm still in his corner!

Well I can only hope that if it does go on trial, prosecution works hard to eliminate members of his "fan club" from getting on the jury.

I realize this boy has basically been a habitual criminal for some time. That said, I believe he has never had proper guidance in his life and I do hope he gets some now. He is smart and he needs a good mentor. Yes, he should be punished. But I believe he has a good heart and that there is a positive, productive future for him if someone sees his potential and steps up.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...arris-Moore-back-in-1415231.php#ixzz1OncmkbUS

‘Barefoot Bandit’ Colton Harris-Moore back in court

"Camano Island's own "Barefoot Bandit" and international celebrity fugitive --again pleaded not guilty to a string of burglaries on Thursday. Appearing Thursday in U.S. District Court, Harris-Moore pleaded not guilty to charges contained in a second grand jury indictment filed last month. The case, however, may be resolved soon. John Henry Browne, Harris-Moore's attorney, said prosecutors and the defense are "very close" to a plea deal..."

more at link

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/11/barefoot.bandit.movie/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore has sold the movie rights to his life story to 20th Century Fox, a studio spokesman said Thursday.
The Fox spokesman, however, said reports the studio paid $1.3 million for the right were "highly exaggerated."

Harris-Moore, 20, was a teenager when he took a two-year joy ride running from the cops, which ended last year with his arrest in the Bahamas.
As part of a plea deal, Harris-Moore agreed to give up any profits that may come from book or movie deals on his story.

Good for him! This will allow him to pay his restitution and, hopefully, grow up and move on to a positive future!

The young man who gained international notoriety as the "Barefoot Bandit" while evading police in stolen planes, boats and cars during a two-year crime spree was sentenced to more than 7 years in prison Friday

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45696590/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

:( They should lock up his poor excuse for a mother for twice as long.

I hope he earns a master's degree while he's doing his time.

The young man who gained international notoriety as the "Barefoot Bandit" while evading police in stolen planes, boats and cars during a two-year crime spree was sentenced to more than 7 years in prison Friday

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45696590/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

:( They should lock up his poor excuse for a mother for twice as long.

I hope he earns a master's degree while he's doing his time.

oh my. I didnt really think he'd get so long. I'm with onelostgrl up there, I think what he needed was therapy, maybe a halfway house type thing. prison was not the best result IMO

'Barefoot Bandit' to be sentenced'

"Colton Harris-Moore, whom authorities dubbed the Barefoot Bandit, is scheduled to be sentenced Friday on federal charges related to his infamous string of thefts and burglaries."

"Harris-Moore pleaded guilty last year to stealing an airplane, piloting it without a license, burglarizing a bank and possessing a firearm as a fugitive."

"Prosecutors have recommended that Harris-Moore get 78 months in prison, according to court documents. Harris-Moore asked for 70 months."

"A judge will determine the sentence Friday in a Washington state federal courtroom."

"Harris-Moore also pleaded guilty in December to 33 state charges related to residential burglaries, identity thefts, a firearm theft, a car theft, attempting to elude a police vehicle and other offenses, according to court documents."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/27/justice/washington-barefoot-bandit/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Once again, I think that Colton's unique personality and possible Spectrum Disorder are very likely the cause of his recent comments...which obviously set the tone for sentencing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/bare...-judge-seattle/story?id=15458299#.TyMOF2BqIlc

'Barefoot Bandit's' Courtroom Drama Ends With 6-1/2 Year Sentence
January 27, 2012

"A federal judge in Seattle sentenced the "Barefoot Bandit" to the maximum six and a half years in prison for a string of thefts and burglaries after the 20-year-old bragged to friends in emails from jail that prosecutors were fools and he would emerge "unscathed."

Judge Richard A. Jones on Friday also sentenced Colton Harris-Moore, who pled guilty to 33 state and seven federal felony charges during his two years as a fugitive, to three years of probation. The federal sentence is to run concurrently with a seven-year state sentence, as part of a plea agreement. The maximum federal sentence was six and a half years, as negotiated by his attorneys...."

more at link

Originally published Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Judge orders another hearing for 'Barefoot Bandit'

A Superior Court judge on Thursday ordered a new court date for two charges being pursued against convicted "Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore.

By TED S. WARREN

Associated Press

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. —
A Superior Court judge on Thursday ordered a new court date for two charges being pursued against convicted "Barefoot Bandit" Colton Harris-Moore.

Defense attorney John Henry Browne said he will file a motion to dismiss the two charges before the April 10 hearing.

The youthful thief who gained international notoriety has acknowledged dozens of crimes and was sentenced to seven years in prison as part of a 2011 plea deal with three counties.

Among those crimes was first-degree theft for stealing a Cirrus airplane from Anacortes in Skagit County in February 2010 and flying it to Orcas Island in San Juan County.

But in February, Skagit County Prosecutor Rich Weyrich, who refused to take part in the three-county deal, charged Harris-Moore with second-degree burglary for breaking into the Anacortes Airport and first-degree theft for taking the plane.

Read more: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020614347_apusbarefootbanditnewcharges3rdldwritethru.html

From above link:

Also, defense lawyer John Henry Browne said Harris-Moore had passed his high school equivalency General Educational Development tests with only three weeks of study.
'If you can fly an airplane by a manual,' the judge said, 'I guess you can pass a GED in three weeks.'

Browne said it wouldn't be the last chapter in the Harris-Moore story, 'because you're going to hear a lot more from Colton, but in positive ways.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pens-bizarre-letter-court.html#ixzz2StYYVcch

Barefoot Bandit returns with bitter blog attacking the media as he explains why he stole and crashed planes as a teenage fugitive and accepted $1million movie deal for his incredible life story

Colton Harris Moore secured a $1million movie deal for his notorious crime spree which began when he was just a teenager

Now 24, he became known as the Barefoot Bandit for committing crimes without shoes – and leaving chalk drawings of bare feet

Harris Moore went on the run for two years after he stole and crash landed airplanes until he was caught in 2010

He has launched a blog from jail where he is serving nearly seven years for the crimes

Barefoot Bandit claims he hates the media and only accepted the movie deal to pay off his victims

He said he stole the planes because he 'belongs in the sky' and was hoping to gain his pilot's license once free

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-took-1million-movie-deal.html#ixzz3v77ME7zS

"Barefoot Bandit" wants to freeze his dying mother
The former teenage car, boat and plane thief who became known as the "Barefoot Bandit" wants to cryogenically freeze his mother, who is dying of cancer.

The 25-year-old told The Daily Herald in a telephone interview that he is trying to raise enough money through crowd-funding to pay for the unusual procedure for his mom.

Colton Harris-Moore hopes that his mother, Pamela Hohler, could one day be brought back to life.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colton-harris-moore-barefoot-bandit-wants-to-freeze-his-dying-mother/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back