WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nevertheless, I have been taking off at 7:36 and 30 seconds and arriving at Toledo via V 23 at 23/24 minutes after take off. airspeed about 160/170

.... just flying the plane in this configuration needs a constant visual out the window, the plane drags and wants to go down, if I divert attention away from flying, I am all over the place

There has been some indication that it was hard for Rat too, at 170KIAS.

At some point see how fast you need to go to get up to 7K' in 4 1/2 minutes with 15°. They said they intended to get up to altitude as quickly as possible (sorta).

There has been some indication that it was hard for Rat too, at 170KIAS.

At some point see how fast you need to go to get up to 7K' in 4 1/2 minutes with 15°. They said they intended to get up to altitude as quickly as possible (sorta).

that's just about how long it takes to get to 7k, I wish I knew the degree in which they took off on for the climb.

still can't get the aft stairs down, I think it's my wireless not liking double key commands, not sure but going to hook up a older keyboard.

all of the other doors open except the one I want! they also open in flight.

In this first photo, PDX left, Vancouver Lake right ... are you right on V23? An amazing view btw. You are doing a great job!

In this first photo, PDX left, Vancouver Lake right ... are you right on V23? An amazing view btw. You are doing a great job!

I tried to get on V-23 but the angle is off a little, I placed the plane a couple miles back in order to get that view shot and couldn't get onto V-23 correctly in time.

I am learning a lot about the plane as well as the flight path, very educational!

Thanks for the confidence boost from you and Hominid, just hope we can possibly find some answers here as to where the jump zone actual might be :waitasec:

Mr...45,

Are you leaving gear down for these flights?

Your plane probably has a Cooper vane.:)

Yup
Take off 7:36 & 30 seconds (split the difference)
Runway 16 L
Gear down
Flaps 15 Deg
still don't have weather settings down pat yet, lots of things to manipulate on the program.

I know the first part of my software from Microsoft has the "Cooper vane" on it, would not come down in flight or could not take off, the Dreamfleet part of the software is not allowing the stairs at all, when I deploy the front side passenger door it will open in flight, but also gives a aft stair lite on the panel? I am going to put a wired keyboard on it and see what happens, also email Flight one about my issue.

also need to learn how to make a flight plan and put all of the information into the plan so it will tell me the altitude and direction vs trying to remember everything.

what exactly is the deal with the missing minute, I have heard of it for a while but never really asked anyone?

The missing minute occurs btwn 20:03 and 20;05 on the FBI's FP map.
See attached. The cause of the error = clerical error.

Attachments

• @C  RFM TIME error by WARNER w explanation.jpg
    @C RFM TIME error by WARNER w explanation.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 5
  • @C  RFM TIME error crop.JPG
    @C RFM TIME error crop.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
The missing minute occurs btwn 20:03 and 20;05 on the FBI's FP map.
See attached.

here is the FP in time cuts w explanations

Attachments

• @C  RFM TIME error 1.JPG
    @C RFM TIME error 1.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 6
  • @C  RFM TIME error 2.JPG
    @C RFM TIME error 2.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
  • @C  RFM TIME error 3.JPG
    @C RFM TIME error 3.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 5
  • @C  RFM TIME error 4.JPG
    @C RFM TIME error 4.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 4
  • @C  RFM TIME error 5.JPG
    @C RFM TIME error 5.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
here is the FP in time cuts w explanations

well its gone public so here it is!

http://voices.yahoo.com/1971-db-cooper-letters-linked-suspect-7516448.html

get additional material by Googling /1971 db cooper letters john craig/

from the original website now alleged to be an FBI operation at:

http://dbcooperdecoded.com/index.html

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!

The crew interview/Ckret comments will be posted after RMB makes his
Rataczak interview report, whenever that will be! That is what is holding
this up. No point mixing miracles! One at a time so humanity can digest it
all in one sitting vs. 5449 portions!

what exactly is the deal with the missing minute, I have heard of it for a while but never really asked anyone?

The original from the FBI has positions annotated 1954, then 1955. Then follows a series of positions (red crosses) that are obvious and the right spacing to be one minute apart. You start assigning times to these starting with 1956 and when you get to the one that should be 2004, it's already annotated....but it's marked 2005. No minute was lost unless the flight circled somewhere along the route for exactly one minute (which the plane couldn't do). Either the starting time was actually 1955 or the times annotated 2005 and forward were marked one minute later than they should have been and an event that occured at a given time actually occured 1 minute further south than you would think from the original map.

The original from the FBI has positions annotated 1954, then 1955. Then follows a series of positions (red crosses) that are obvious and the right spacing to be one minute apart. You start assigning times to these starting with 1956 and when you get to the one that should be 2004, it's already annotated....but it's marked 2005. No minute was lost unless the flight circled somewhere along the route for exactly one minute (which the plane couldn't do). Either the starting time was actually 1955 or the times annotated 2005 and forward were marked one minute later than they should have been and an event that occured at a given time actually occured 1 minute further south than you would think from the original map.

Interesting, so we have botched time frames (possibly) so once I get the speed and path down, do we fly two times and mark the time a minute apart from original flight time and map for any sort of conclusion? :waitasec:

I am interested in exactly where the flaps were changed, I just did a test flight and the plane was all over the board after the change in flaps, I see a couple jogs on the maps showing them veering off coarse for some reason or another.

here is my map showing where I am at around 7:40:37 following V23

I assume you're talkin nautical miles like any good pilot?

14nm was reported at the beginning of comm'n logged between 7:42 and 7:43, so you are there too early.

I am interested in exactly where the flaps were changed, I just did a test flight and the plane was all over the board after the change in flaps, I see a couple jogs on the maps showing them veering off coarse for some reason or another.

The flaps were changed up in the sky.:) That's about as close as we know in terms of physical location. Time-wise is something else. The flaps were changed when they leveled off at 7000' at 7:40:37. Is this what you need?

BTW: The times that include seconds are from the tape recorded communications.

re. jogs: Keep in mind that a change of 1' longitude could be result of flying one foot over the line between two different longitude values. The plotted data is rounded off to whole minutes of latitude and longitude.

The flaps were changed up in the sky.:) That's about as close as we know in terms of physical location. Time-wise is something else. The flaps were changed when they leveled off at 7000' at 7:40:37. Is this what you need?

BTW: The times that include seconds are from the tape recorded communications.

re. jogs: Keep in mind that a change of 1' longitude could be result of flying one foot over the line between two different longitude values. The plotted data is rounded off to whole minutes of latitude and longitude.

ok, that works and makes it harder at the same time, the plane takes a sudden dip if you are not prepared for it such as I was :woohoo:

just when I thought I was getting this part of the leg down! BAM 30 degree flaps and heavy throttle. let's see if I can level off at 10 thsd where they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member