DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Delbert Belton murder investigators find suspect’s confession note

by KREM.com

KREM.com
Posted on August 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Updated today at 1:52 PM

Adams-Kinard was arrested Monday. Police said the confession note was found sitting on a bed at the residence where Adams-Kinard was found.

Court documents said the author of the note wrote "he was going to get a zip of crack" from Shorty. The author also said they "socked" the victim three times. In the note, the author admitted to being at the scene of the crime and contacting the victim, according to the court documents. The note also described the attack as happening before the robbery.

Detectives said the signature on the note appeared to be that of Adams-Kinard. Investigators were also searching the teen’s cell phones for texts, calls, and location pings.
Read more: http://www.krem.com/news/Detectives-confession-note-found-from-Delbert-Belton-killer-221523721.html

Three Juveniles Charged With Rendering Criminal Assistance

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 8:46 PM CDT | Updated: Aug 27, 2013 9:03 PM CDT

by Lindsay Nadrich, KHQ Local News Reporter

Clipboard012214.jpg

The three teenagers who helped hide Kenan Adams-Kinard appeared in Spokane County Juvenile Court Tuesday. Two of the teens are 17-years-old and one is 16-years-old, which means their names have not been released and their pictures cannot be show.

No one knew where Kenan Adams-Kinard was hiding until early Monday morning.

"Mr. Kinard then had several other juveniles involved in hiding him from law enforcement, so I am concerned about community safety," said Judge Debra Hayes in court Monday.

Kinard was taken into custody five days after the beating death of 88-year-old Delbert Belton. Kinard's family says they received an anonymous call from someone saying he was hiding at a home in the 500 block of West Montgomery. The family then called Spokane Police, who went to the home and found Kinard hiding in the basement of an apartment with three juveniles
Read more: http://www.khq.com/story/23272520/three-juveniles-who-police-say-helped-hide-kenan-adams-kinard

Father of teen arrested in beating: 'Kenan's a good kid'

By Spokesman-Review (Spokane, WA) August 28, 2013 6:55 am

The father of one of the teens implicated in last week's beating death of a decorated World War II veteran thanked God for his son's peaceful capture, saying the family had met with Spokane police and prayed for his safety.

"I hope they find out what really happened," said Steven Kinard, whose 16-year-old son Kenan Adams-Kinard was found by police hiding in a friend's basement in the 500 block of West Montgomery Avenue early Monday and taken into custody.

"Kenan's a good kid," the father added, calling Belton's death a "tragedy."

Spokane police Chief Frank Straub confirmed Monday that it appears the attackers had intended to rob Belton but the confrontation escalated.

"I think a robbery just got worse," Straub said, adding that "these are two young men who just spun out of control." The attackers took cash and left the mortally wounded victim to die.
Read more: http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/08/28/father-of-teen-arrested-in-beating-kenans-a-good-kid/

Adams-Kinard had eluded police for days.

The teen's father, Steven Kinard, said he hadn't talked with his son since Aug. 14, a week before the homicide. Speaking on the front stoop of his family's home in the East Central neighborhood, Steven Kinard wondered Monday what could be done to avoid the violence.

"It was a rude awakening to me," Steven Kinard said. "It's telling me, damn, what could I have done for my son?"

Steven Kinard described the teen as a gifted multi-sport athlete and an improving student. Descriptions of the violence taking place in Belton's sedan, which left the victim with numerous facial fractures, are out of character, Steven Kinard said.

"Kenan is no violent person at all," he said.

Steven Kinard said his son was mostly raised by his grandmother and the church, where he plays drums each week.
http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/08/28/father-of-teen-arrested-in-beating-kenans-a-good-kid/

August 27, 2013 in City

Murder suspect claims 88-year-old victim shorted him in drug deal

Kaitlin Gillespie, The Spokesman-Review

srx_KENAN_ADAMS-KINARD_cropped_t620.jpg

Dan Pelle photo / First-dregree murder and first-degree robbery suspect Kenan
Adams-Kinard makes his first appearance of Aug. 27, 2013. His bail was set at $3 million.

The beating death of a decorated World War II veteran took a bizarre twist Tuesday.

Prosecutors said one of the two suspects has suggested that the victim, 88-year-old Delbert Belton, was selling crack cocaine outside the Eagles Lodge and shorted them.

Although prosecutors didn’t elaborate in court, Spokane police later said they’ve found nothing to support suspected killer Kenan Adams-Kinard’s drug dealing claims.

{ Snip }

Meanwhile, Adams-Kinard’s father, Steven Kinard, stands by his son’s claim, saying Belton was well known in the cocaine dealing community. He’s far from the World War II hero he’s been portrayed as, he said.

“He poisoned the country and poisoned our kids,” Steven Kinard said.

Kinard admits he has a history of cocaine addiction, and says he recognized Belton from his own experience and use. Kinard was sentenced to five years in prison in 2005 for two cocaine dealing convictions.

“I think everybody needs to look on the other side of the picture,” he said.

Read more: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/27/murder-suspect-alleges-victim-shorted-him-drug-dea/

Although I don't believe these allegations, this guy just confessed to a murder. And you can't kill someone because they shorted you out on a sale.
Does he expect everybody just says "all righty then" if he shorted you out on a sale, then it's all good? Boggles the mind.
:banghead:

August 27, 2013 in City

[

Meanwhile, Adams-Kinard’s father, Steven Kinard, stands by his son’s claim, saying Belton was well known in the cocaine dealing community. He’s far from the World War II hero he’s been portrayed as, he said.

Kinard admits he has a history of cocaine addiction, and says he recognized Belton from his own experience and use. Kinard was sentenced to five years in prison in 2005 for two cocaine dealing convictions.

Read more: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/27/murder-suspect-alleges-victim-shorted-him-drug-dea/

RSBM

Apple meet tree.

August 27, 2013 in City

Murder suspect claims 88-year-old victim shorted him in drug deal

Kaitlin Gillespie, The Spokesman-Review

srx_KENAN_ADAMS-KINARD_cropped_t620.jpg

Dan Pelle photo / First-dregree murder and first-degree robbery suspect Kenan
Adams-Kinard makes his first appearance of Aug. 27, 2013. His bail was set at $3 million.

The beating death of a decorated World War II veteran took a bizarre twist Tuesday.

Prosecutors said one of the two suspects has suggested that the victim, 88-year-old Delbert Belton, was selling crack cocaine outside the Eagles Lodge and shorted them.

Although prosecutors didn’t elaborate in court, Spokane police later said they’ve found nothing to support suspected killer Kenan Adams-Kinard’s drug dealing claims.

{ Snip }

BBM: Nothing like taking personal responsibility for your lack of parenting skills! Daddy Kinard is a cocaine user, has been sent to prison for his drug use, and he is trying to sell this outrageous story. Wow. If the DP was available, he would be pushing the needle in himself, with this lame story!

I guess, hiding with his dumb friends over the last few days, worked out well. This is the best these enablers and murderer could come up with? :floorlaugh:

Well, on a good note, Kinard just admitted to the murder. :jail:

Wow. Not much can surprise me but honestly this does, Kinard found a new low and that isn't an easy thing to do.

The fact is there are a lot of folks that will CHOOSE to believe the above statement and want to see those kids go unpunished.

OK- two punk *advertiser censored* thugs, attack an 88 yr old man, beat him to death, accuse him of being a drug dealer, and we are supposed to be understanding, sympathetic, and wanting to help out the mistreated delinquents. Why? Because his no-good, drug-dealing daddy said so.

Sorry, you've played that card too many times. I ain't buying it AND I'm pizzed off!

sorry

Someone is over at Kinard's facebook page deleting comments and changing pics, to make him look like a stand-up young man. This has become a typical move on fb- the metamorphosis!

Someone is over at Kinard's facebook page deleting comments and changing pics, to make him look like a stand-up young man. This has become a typical move on fb- the metamorphosis!

can't put lipstick on a pig

This case upsets me so much.

And the antics of the accused and their families is beyond disgusting. The one was good at sports so he was a 'good kid', is that what they want to try to say? Murderers aren't good people, even if they also can play sports.

It is not the victim's fault. It is the murderers' fault.

And they didn't have anything to do? I defy anyone to find less fun stuff to do than I had growing up, but somehow I never harmed anyone because of it. That is because I am not a murderer.

its not open season on drug dealers, makes no difference if Mr Belton was or not dealing.
first they were murders-now they are crack addict murders - they are digging their own hole. jmo

The crack buying confession only hurts Kinard, it places him at the scene and involves him in the murder. They didn't have anything to place him at the murder, no DNA or fingerprints. They had video near the scene and 2 men were seen leaving the area, but no actual eye witness identification.... so he just hurt himself. No one believes that Delbert was a drug dealer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back