GUILTY WA - Delbert Belton, 88, beaten to death, Spokane, 21 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We had some horrible cases last week, but this one just hurts my heart in a whole new way. I don't understand how anyone could beat an elderly person in such a heartless, brutal way. IMO, it's like beating a child to death. It's beyond inhuman.

Daughter-in-law Bobby Belton told KREM-TV she received the police call and had to break the news to her ill husband.
'They used those great, big heavy flashlights,'' she said. 'The doctor said he was bleeding from all parts of his face.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-88-dies-brutally-beaten.html#ixzz2cpqqLNQ7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

When I read this, it suddenly came, to me that this was NOT about robbery. Two healthy young men can take anything they wish from an elderly 88 year old man. They couldhave had his money, his car...how could the poor old gentleman stop them. But theytook those heavy flashlights and beat him.

This is about wanting to kill. No other explanation possible IMO.

I've been so angry and disgusted about this savage murder that I haven't posted but I do have a recommendation for what I would like to do with those "great, big, heavy flashlights". :banghead:

Spokane teen held on $2M bail in beating death of WWII veteran

Posted by Nick Provenza

NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS
Associated Press

UPDATED: 2:58 p.m. | A 16-year-old Spokane boy was ordered held on $2 million bail and will be tried as an adult in connection with last week’s beating death of an 88-year-old veteran of World War II.

Demetrius L. Glenn is charged with first degree murder and first degree robbery in Spokane County District Court.

He made an initial court appearance Monday afternoon.

The teen turned himself in last Thursday night, the same day that Army veteran Delbert Belton died of his injuries.

The AP does not generally identify minors accused of a crime, but is naming the youth because of the severity of the charges.

A second 16-year-old boy arrested in the case has a court appearance scheduled for Tuesday, and will also be tried as an adult.
Read more: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/08/second-suspect-arrested-in-death-of-wwii-veteran/

Each was being held in lieu of $2-million bail, England told the Los Angeles Times.

At the news conference, Straub urged Spokane and other cities across the country to support what he called “a very troubled group of young people.”

“One of these individuals was pretty much a standout basketball player -- and because nobody wrapped their arms around him, nobody cared enough about him, he’s now going to face murder and robbery charges,” Straub said. “And, probably, he’s looking at the rest of his life being significantly affected -- if not destroyed -- by this.”

Three other juveniles were arrested in connection with Adams-Kinard, who went into hiding after Wednesday's attack on Belton. All three are charged with “rendering criminal assistance to evade police apprehension,” Straub said.
Read more: http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...elbert-belton-police-20130826,0,3331940.story

BBM: not thugs, cowards, that's more than 1 coward to beat a helpless senior war veteran. these cowards, as we say back home, are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut. But soon their momma will be in front of the cameras blaming society, their friends, they got into the wrong crowd, and expect to hear the words "my child" repeatedly. I'll stop here before I get myself banned or worse. :stormingmad:

Dewey you certainly saw this coming.....here you go:

"......and his family said he had "fallen in with the wrong crowd."

"He hung around with the wrong people and made the wrong choices," Odell Kinard said of his nephew, Kenan Adams-Kinard"

"It's the summer and ain't nothing to do here."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...er-fell-in-with-wrong-people-family-says?lite

Blah blah blah....Yada, Yada, Yada......(I'd better not comment.....this whole statement is infuriating and the last sentence really pisses me off.) It's sickening to hear a family member encourage this disgusting mentality.

"He hung around with the wrong people and made the wrong choices," Odell Kinard said of his nephew, Kenan Adams-Kinard"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...er-fell-in-with-wrong-people-family-says?lite

Blah blah blah....Yada, Yada, Yada......(I'd better not comment.....this whole statement is infuriating and the last sentence really pisses me off.) It's sickening to hear a family member encourage this disgusting mentality.
BBM

http://.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/kenan-adams-kinard-2.jpg

2nd perp ( "He is a good boy. It's not really his fault" )

Come on folks. What are we 5 years old here? You have been warned to stay away from certain issues and discuss the case only.

Oh man.The old "Theres nothing to do in this town for kids..." disclaimer?
In this context?
Is he SERIOUS?
(And by the way there are TONS of positive fun things for kids to do in Spokane,I live three hours away.)
I consider myself to be fairly liberal but these two sociopaths should ride the Big Swing at Walla Walla back to freaking back.

BBM. We had all better not comment, it isn't the right thing to do in today's world.

... information provided by church leaders and family members led investigators to a Spokane apartment where they found 16-year-old Kenan Adams-Kinard early Monday morning.

Police arrested him in connection with Belton’s killing and arrested three others who were with him on charges of rendering criminal assistance, a felony. Straub did not identify the other three, and it was not immediately clear if they were adults or juveniles.

He described them as friends of Adams-Kinard, one of two teenagers accused of trying to rob Belton in the parking lot of Spokane’s Eagles Lodge.
Read more: http://whnt.com/2013/08/27/two-teens-held-for-beating-death-of-88-year-old-wwii-veteran/

"They are such good boys......" :rolleyes:

------

VET BEATING COURT DOCUMENTS: Both Murder Suspects Have Criminal Records

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 1:39 AM CDT | Updated: Aug 27, 2013 9:48 AM CDT

Court records show 16-year-old murder suspect Demetrius Glenn has a record dating back two years.

In the afternoon on September 29, 2011, Glenn was with a group in Rochester Park near Rowan and Magnolia in north Spokane. Documents say Glenn and the group of teenagers he was with surrounded and confronted another teenager because they saw a black bandana on the ground which they took as an act of disrespect. Glenn was convicted of 4th Degree Assault, Riot and Obstruction after attacking the person with a stick or bat with nails in the end of it. He was placed on probation and later agreed to pay restitution.

In early 2013, Glenn had two run-ins with law enforcement. On February 9th, he was charged with 3rd Degree Malicious Mischief after damaging a garage door and on March 18th he was arrested and charged with driving without a license.

He was set to go to court in both of those cases in just two weeks.

The second suspect, 16-year-old Kenan Adams-Kinard was also arrested earlier this year after stealing a phone on an STA bus. The girl he grabbed the phone from also had scratches on her hand from the incident and Adams-Kinard was charged with 2nd Degree Robbery.

Later he was able to plead that charge down to 3rd Degree Theft and 4th Degree Assault by agreeing to plead guilty. He was sentenced to 6 months of community supervision and 30 hours of community service.

On August 23rd, just two days after the attack on Delbert Belton, a bench warrant was issued for Adams-Kinard for violating the terms of his probation.

http://www.khq.com/story/23262290/court-documents-both-murder-suspects-have-criminal-history (includes VIDEO)

Murder Suspect's Family Happy The Search Is Over

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 10:07 PM CDT | Updated: Aug 26, 2013 10:07 PM CDT

by Lindsay Nadrich, KHQ Local News Reporter

---- includes VIDEO ----

Early Monday morning the second suspect, 16-year-old Kenan Adams-Kinard, wanted in connection with the beating death of 88-year-old Delbert Belton, was taken into custody.

Kenan's Uncle and Father say they are both happy the search for him is over and that he was taken into custody safely. The Kinard family had asked anyone who knew of Kenan's whereabouts to call them, so the family could turn him in. Early Monday morning, that is exactly what happened.

"We got the call at three o'clock this morning," Kenan's Uncle said.

The family says an anonymous caller told them where Kenan was hiding, so they called Spokane Police to turn him in.

"We went to him, the officer went with us, and he took care of that," Kenan's Uncle said.

Knowing that Kenan is safely in custody, the Kinard family can now breathe a sigh of relief.

"Kenan is a very good kid," Kenan's Father said. "I'm proud of him and I'm not giving up on him no matter what. They can't tell me my son is a killer and I know he's not."
Read more: http://www.khq.com/story/23261770/murder-suspects-family

Teen fell in with 'wrong people,' family says:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-says#comments

"They did a horrendous thing and they need to pay the consequences," the victim's daughter-in-law, Barbara Belton, told NBC News.
"They just kept hitting and hitting him," she said. "He was an 88-year-old man. Even if they wanted his money and he didn't want to give it to them, they didn't need to do that."

Belton, who survived being shot in Okinawa during the war, was in his car in the parking lot outside his Eagles Lodge when he was attacked on Wednesday night.

Both Glenn and Adams-Kinard have previous arrest records, including assault convictions.

But Odell Kinard said he was shocked to learn his nephew, who was a standout basketball player, was accused of killing a man.
"It really hurt to hear that," he said.

"He has to take responsibility," he added. "But the family is praying he gets 10 years or less."
10 years or less because bashing an old veteran head repeatedly and killed him (with prior assault conviction) = take responsibility? <scratching head>

ya... cuz he is a "good boy" ...

Check out raw video of him "in action": (at the link below)

-------------

Adams-Kinard arrested for robbery three months before Shorty's murder

Author: Jeff Humphrey, KXLY4 Reporter , jeffhu@kxly.com

Published On: Aug 27 2013 11:29:08 AM PDT | Updated On: Aug 27 2013 11:29:44 AM PDT

Clipboard011111.jpg

Spokane, Wash. - Three months before he allegedly beat a World War II veteran to death during a robbery attempt, Kenan Adams-Kinard snatched a woman's cell phone on a crowded STA bus and was sentenced to juvenile detention.

The May 15 incident was caught by Spokane Transit Authority surveillance cameras. The video, obtained by KXLY, shows Adams-Kinard was wearing a white t- shirt and carrying a black backpack sitting on the left-hand side of the bus while the victim is sitting on the right-hand side of the bus, with another passenger sitting in the aisle seat between them.

Adams-Kinard waited until the bus stopped at Fifth and Arthur then reached across the other passenger, stole the iPhone out of the victim's hand and bolted out of the bus.

Spokane police showed the surveillance video to Spokane School District security officers who recognized Adams-Kinard as a Lewis and Clark high school student.

Adams-Kinard was arrested and spent 19 days in Spokane's Juvenile Detention Center. As a condition of his release Adams-Kinard paid $400 restitution to the victim. The iPhone was never recovered.

Read more: http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...rder/-/101214/21669306/-/6yxh1dz/-/index.html (includes raw Video)

He should have been out mowing lawns instead of stealing other people's stuff!

I am sick of the excuses some family members make for these derelicts. Saying they are just turning their life around, really a good kid or just got in with the wrong crowd.

These delinquents get off easy on their prior troubles and keep on until they land in jail. Then somehow it is still someone else's fault!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back