GUILTY WA - Delbert Belton, 88, beaten to death, Spokane, 21 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is so sad. Justice for Shorty.

There is no excuse for what they did. It was such a cowardly act, they should be embarrassed. But, they probably lack all empathy, shame, and perspective like all cowards. Oops, I meant murderers.

REALLY hope these "two young men" aka sick ANIMALS are shipped off to the big pen in Walla Walla, FOREVER.

Ugh I can't even read any articles or FB comments, makes me so sick and disappointed in the world.

Spokane grapples with veteran's death

Residents stunned, saddened by fatal beating of man, 88

By Rick Rojas, Los Angeles Times

Sunday, August 25, 2013

SPOKANE -- Standing near the place where her longtime friend was beaten to death, allegedly by two teenagers who robbed him, Bonnie J. Murphy looked at her husband and saw shades of Shorty.

Joe Murphy is 88, just like Shorty was. He wore his World War II veteran cap, a testament to his time in the Pacific, where Shorty served too. She couldn't help but worry that he was just as vulnerable.

"He's going to get it one of these days," Murphy, 77, said of her husband. She thinks he should be more careful, and even bought him a chained wallet so it wouldn't get lost or stolen.

He scoffed. "I don't think so," he said, holding up his fists. "I'm a fighter."

She shook her head. Murphy was grieving and angry, not just because she'd lost her old friend, whose real name was Delbert Belton, a regular here at the Eagles Lodge and her dance partner. But also because his beating death Wednesday night has jolted Murphy -- and others -- with a cruel reminder of the kind of violence that all too often can rock a community and the randomness with which it seems to strike.

Read more: http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/aug/25/spokane-grapples-with-veterans-death/

August 25, 2013 in City

Gary Graham: WWII veteran’s death brings out incivility, racism

Gary Graham, The Spokesman-Review

The tragic death of 88-year-old Delbert Belton this week is yet another reminder of how violent living in America can be these days.

Unfortunately, the fatal beating suffered by Belton also brings out the worst in human nature. Belton was white. The two juveniles accused of assaulting him are black. The knee-jerk reaction by some in our midst to immediately assume the dual mantle of judge and jury is not uncommon in this day of saturation coverage by the media, nor is the no-holds-barred nature of discourse found in comments posted on public websites.

The case has attracted the attention of CNN, CBS and Fox News, and has sparked a relentless stream of comments via social media. The comments on our website, www.spokesman.com, began appearing quickly after the news broke of the fatal assault on Belton. Those comments quickly turned into an ugly display of stereotypes regarding blacks, comparisons to the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin case and blame directed at President Barack Obama.
Read more: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/25/gary-graham-wwii-veterans-death-brings-out/

"BREAKING: Kenan Adams-Kinard, 2nd Suspect In Beating To Death WWII Veteran, Has Been Arrested"

"Kenan Adams-Kinard, 16, the suspect in the robbery and murder of 88-year-old, WWII veteran, Delbert Belton, was arrested just after 3am Monday morning in a basement apartment at 500 W. Montgomery in Spokane without incident."

I really appreciate the ways these boards are kept clean and polite.

DO NOT GET INTO A DISCUSSION REGARDING RACE.

Discuss the case only. Opinions about anyone's race are inappropriate and against TOS.

DO NOT DO IT. JUST DO NOT DO IT EVER.

Has anyone reported these FB comments to authorities?
I only ask cause it seems that a few are threatening the granddaughter now, and "she's gonna catch her fade one day."

That's a threat, for sure that is.

Has anyone reported these FB comments to authorities?
I only ask cause it seems that a few are threatening the granddaughter now, and "she's gonna catch her fade one day."

That's a threat, for sure that is.

Someone needs to notify the authorities. They put that one kid in jail for making a stupid FB joke and it doesn't sound like these folks are joking.

some people were writing in those FB comments (at 2nd perp's page) something among the lines of, basically

"until Zimmerman is locked up, free BOTH of them, both of our "homeys"

How delusional are these people? This is what happens when the press and so called "community leaders" whip up the crowd into outrage and entitlement against someone that they know no fair criminal justice system will punish. <modsnip>
I'll say no more in this thread because I know the subject of that case is off limits.

Someone needs to notify the authorities. They put that one kid in jail for making a stupid FB joke and it doesn't sound like these folks are joking.
I am sure LE is monitoring that page. In fact, some of the comments from the suspects friends may have led police to him. Since they have the alleged murderer in custody, it might be best to shut it down. It goes to show you who the perp hung out with. Pretty pitiful and disgusting.

I don't think it was wise for the granddaughter to post on the suspects page either.

Hopefully, it gets shut down and it was all "talk". More violence isn't the answer. Boy did I learn some new words over "there". :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back