WA - Four killed in Pilchuk High School shooting, Marysville, 24 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Catching up with the kids' social media it now[modsnip]. If so, then possibly Gia(?) and the other girl at Providence Medical Center are still alive, though critical.

I'm turning in - I hope to wake up to news that only two people died in this shooting. How sad is that? :(

do we think the 7am presser will update the medical conditions of these students by name? I'm having trouble following on twitter, thank you all for keeping me kinda in the loop

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shayleee56/status/525479764409475072

Shaylee & Zoe

I just don't understand this world sometimes. :(

Beautiful little girls. Full of promise. Sad.

Shooter is a Tulalip Tribe member- he is very well respected and could have become a tribal leader- Tribe and family members are in shock and trying to process this shooter ID'ed by his family as Jaylen Fryberg

heartbreaking. Looking at his social media. All I can ask is - Why? He seemed loved, involved with his tribe and community, hunting, sports. What happened? Very sad today.

This is the age when mental illness starts to emerge in people. Looking at his social media I do not feel he is just like other teens. I have teens. They don't have social media like this. Neither do any of the teens whose social media I'm aware of. Yeah, there are things I don't approve of sometimes but this kid?

To me his understanding of sex and the way he expressed it - with no filters- was odd. Socially inappropriate. I also saw tons of rage and some suicidal ideation. Also, he seemed to be cycling quickly between anger and love- for the same girl I think.

I feel if adults were able to see some of the social media posts their kids have and take public expressions of rage, revenge, suicidal thoughts, pain- seriously, maybe some problems in those kids could possibly be averted.

^^^^^^ that exactly.

so much sorrow, more than a heart can bear....so many whose lives are permantly damaged, not to mention those whose lives are lost, including Jayden.

Watching CNN right now and hearing them say "this young man's social media took a turn in the last few day".......wow.....I was only able to stomach reading back to the end of May and from what I saw this kid was out of control way longer then the "last few days".

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They must have taken his fb page down. Unable to access.

They must have taken his fb page down. Unable to access.

Yes, his Twitter is still there but Instagram and facebook are both gone. Rather confusing to work out from Twitter and Facebook which girls have passed away in the hospital. Poor families. I am sure there will be an update in MSM.

Amongst those injured Andrew Fryberg and Nate Hatch are definitely JF's cousins.
Shaylee Bass, 15, a second-year student at the school, said Fryberg had recently gotten into a fight with another boy over a girl.

“He was very upset about that,” said Bass, who was stunned by the shooting.

“He was not a violent person,” she said. “His family is known all around town. He was very well known. That’s what makes it so bizarre.”

Three of the victims had head wounds and were in critical condition. Two unidentified young women were at Providence Everett Medical Centre, and 15-year-old Andrew Fryberg was at Harborview Medical Centre in Seattle, a hospital official said.

Another victim, 14-year-old Nate Hatch, was listed in serious condition at Harborview, the hospital said. Family members told KIRO-TV that Andrew Fryberg and Hatch are cousins of Jaylen Fryberg.

Ron Lukes, a youth counsellor with the tribes, said Jaylen Fryberg was from a well-known tribal family.

“They’re real good people, very loving, a big part of the community,” he said. “Jaylen was one of our good kids. ... I’ve known this boy since he was a baby.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/school-shooting-jaylen-fryberg-went-from-homecoming-prince-to-gunman/story-e6frg6so-1227102164823

It seems like when a school shooting happens the things we hear the most are "loner", "kept to himself", "quiet". JF appears to be the complete opposite - a popular football player, homecoming court, socially active with a close group of friends, described as "happy". I didn't get a chance to see his FB or Instagram before they were pulled but it seems as if they portrayed him more as a "happy" kid then his Twitter profile did.

Beautiful little girls. Full of promise.

This is the age when mental illness starts to emerge in people. Looking at his social media I do not feel he is just like other teens. I have teens. They don't have social media like this. Neither do any of the teens whose social media I'm aware of. Yeah, there are things I don't approve of sometimes but this kid?

To me his understanding of sex and the way he expressed it - with no filters- was odd. Socially inappropriate. I also saw tons of rage and some suicidal ideation. Also, he seemed to be cycling quickly between anger and love- for the same girl I think.

I feel if adults were able to see some of the social media posts their kids have and take public expressions of rage, revenge, suicidal thoughts, pain- seriously, maybe some problems in those kids could possibly be averted.

Your post said exactly what I was thinking. Thank you!

Police Hunt For Motive Of Jaylen Fryberg, Marysville-Pilchuck School Shooter

(snip)

Two of the wounded were boys and two were girls, hospital officials said. The boys, 15-year-old AF (redacted), shot in the head, and 14-year-old NH (redacted), shot in the jaw, were both in intensive care at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle on Friday night, a spokeswoman said.

Local media reported the boys were cousins of the shooter.

Police would not confirm the gunman's identity or discuss possible motives for the shooting, citing the ongoing investigation.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6046276

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teen shooter targets 3 girls, 2 male cousins | Local News | The Seattle Times

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024866104_marysvillepilchuckxml.html

Extensive piece on the incident was posted at 10:28pm local time last night. It leaves tears in my eyes, at the utter destruction left in the wake as the sun rises today for so many families.

Why did this happen? How can we keep our children safe? I had :earson: downstairs yesterday, and as I waited to pick my own child up from school, I was struck by the dichotomy - waiting to give her a hug and tell her I love her while thousands of parents two states away were in anguish awaiting reunification. Some of them wouldn't ever be able to hold a living breathing child again.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying for the Victims. Some have what sounds like devastating head injuries. If they do recover what quality of life will they have. So very sad. Those that escaped physical harm will forever have a horrific memory of their High School Years. So tragic.

I think there is a presser going on right now but I can't find a link.

Listening to the presser from the hospital. Two young ladies, both critical, Shaylee and Gia. Next few days crucial, monitored moment by moment, nurse by bedside constantly, they won't know much for another two or three days.

And my stream just cut out on me...

I'm so glad that the girls made it through the night! They're still in critical condition but it gives me hope.

Both hospitals are well-regarded. I don't know much about Providence but Harborview is the goto place for airlifts. These kids are in good hands, being cared for by competent staff.

Thank you, doctors and nurses!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11
Back