WA - Gabriel Davies, 16, Found Safe - Then Charged With Murder, Olympia, 30 Aug 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, if his was the only motorcycle in the area, where did the murderous biker gangs that descended on Orting and beat a kid into committing a crime come from?
that neighbor's statement certainly doesn't seem to support that DM was loud, exhibited nuisance behavior, had other two wheeled visitors, rowdy parties, unusual traffic coming and going, or any of the things that might be considered to be associated with a menacing group of "biker buddies" that is for sure.

I wonder if his mom and the ex bf were battling over belongings or money, or debts, after they split up?

It is not uncommon to have messy disagreements when trying to untangle a living situation. Could his mom have been trash talking her ex, which is a normal response when a relationship ends, and it fuelled this kid's anger? Obviously that is not a valid excuse for the violence---I'm just trying to understand what set him off.

Was it pure greed and he just wanted the goods from the safe?

Has he burglarised others before this?
Or could the break up been over GD in the first place?

The victim also had a German shepherd. But I suppose the dog did not respond because it knew Gabriel. And it sounds like the perpetrators had already taken possession of the firearms before the victim got home. I'm still trying to figure out what possibly could have led up to this. jmo
on the timeline it said dog ran out and the boys ran out right after. i think the dog was afraid of the gunshot maybe?

he did have biker friends, they were shown in a news video on here somewhere calvalcading with a truck being driven away.
I wish I had seen that news video. I have not found out much of anything about DM, his life. I know he owned guns and rode a bike and had biker buddies. I know he and GD's mom were engaged, just broke up a few weeks ago, and at one time GD and his mother resided with DM.

Would love to know, when did GD and mother move out of DM residence? was that also just a few weeks ago or had that happened sometime prior and they continued to date or be on again/off again?

Would love to hear from friends of DM in the press. <modsnip - no link> I really feel like we are not doing justice to this particular victim because of how this case began, with a MP that turned out to not be an MP.

Last edited by a moderator:

In this article it says that the victim let his mail stay in the po for a long time, but on Monday, someone picked it up.

If he did not show at work since Monday, I.e., might have been killed, who picked up his mail? And why, so that a lot of mail won’t attract attention? It must have been someone who knew he was dead.

I think this is misleading to say he let his mail stay at the post office for a long time. To be clear, the victim placed his mail on "hold" with the USPS meaning the postal carrier was directed by the victim not to deliver his mail to his residence for a certain period. The carrier interviewed in the news video posted up thread indicated this was a request that the victim frequently made of the USPS so this was not out of the norm. MOO

I think this is misleading to say he let his mail stay at the post office for a long time. To be clear, the victim placed his mail on "hold" with the USPS meaning the postal carrier was directed by the victim not to deliver his mail to his residence for a certain period. The carrier interviewed in the news video posted up thread indicated this was a request that the victim frequently made of the USPS so this was not out of the norm. MOO
makes sense if he travelled for work

Two teens, Gabriel Davies and Justin Yoon, [snip] are behind bars after pleading not guilty to first-degree and second-degree murder charges. [snip]

On Friday, a Pierce County Sheriff’s Department sergeant described the murder as an ambush.

I wonder who paid for the camping trip/cabin?

The AA provides that GD and JY had gone camping with other family members and friends at Panther Lake located in Mason County.

Many families have summer cabins on the Lake where there's much recreation available in addition to Lake fishing.

I'm not understanding OP's question. Are you asking who paid for the gas to travel to the cabin or did the youth have to pack their own food? Most don't charge their kids to stay in the family cabin.

Two teens, Gabriel Davies and Justin Yoon, [snip] are behind bars after pleading not guilty to first-degree and second-degree murder charges. [snip]

On Friday, a Pierce County Sheriff’s Department sergeant described the murder as an ambush.

From the link:

Because of the brutality of the crime, it is one of the reasons the teens are being charged as adults. KIRO 7′s Gwen Baumgardner spoke with Davies’ attorney on Friday and he told her that because of the complexities of the case, it is unlikely the teens will return to court on Oct. 6 as scheduled. He expects the date to be pushed back.

This confirms what I personally thought. Yes perhaps they did plan to steal, but I believe the ultimate goal from the start was murder. “Ambush” doesn’t sound to me like he came across them stealing things. They waited for him, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir
Back