GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really think LE just missed it... I'm hesitant to blame them for it, not really knowing the logistics that go into going over a whole area with a fine tooth comb. I also remember someone upthread saying Seattle doesn't have cadaver dogs. Though IMO I think that means they need to get someone who has some (FBI?).

Do we know that they searched several blocks in the area and not just the one the initial remains were found on? How far out did they expand?

I feel like if JC had an accomplice, he would throw that person right under the bus. He doesn't seem like he has any sort of "code of honor". Seems like he'll do whatever it takes to get his way. OTOH, if he IS looking at this as a big glory thing, he wouldn't want to share credit probably?

JMO

It's hard to believe that Seattle doesn't have dogs who can sniff out decomposition. I saw the Seattle police chief speak today about sex trafficking and she was talking about how the force includes a Black Lab named Bear, who is one of few dogs anywhere trained to sniff out electronics, and how that has helped gain evidence that has led to prosecution of perps. O/T, she was awesome, btw. And just a reminder about how amazing animals are.

Assignment for tonight.....go take a look at my blue recycle bin....I still can not buy it, street lights etc, he had to have been able to tell. I saw the blue recycle bin, just like mine, hardly could be considered dark blue.

View attachment 92118

If there were no street lights in the area is the only way I can see JC making the mistake of the recycle bin vs trash which leads me back to zero, I thi nk he placed her remains in a recycle bin knowing they would never end up in a landfill for shock value.

I think this was his intent as well. Recycles are sorted by humans, so somebody would find it. Put it in several different spots to increase the likelihood it doesn't get missed or to have multiple people find it for more impact? What if he's killed before but nobody knew because no body was ever found? That might be a bit of a let-down for him. It's much more thrilling to have mayhem and upset and watch from afar knowing now they know, but they don't know it was him. Only he messed up and got caught.
I still think he seems like a serial killer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ingrid_Lyne

"Lyne's ex-husband arrived Saturday at Lyne's home to drop off their children, who had been kept overnight by grandparents, and found she was not at home."

Am I reading this correct that the children were with grandparents that night? First time I'm hearing this.

There really isn't any "tailgating" at Safeco (there is a Brewery and a few restaurant set ups across the street, but no real parking lot where you would party at your car.)

Yeah, I've never even actually taken my car to the game... Seems like everyone I know agrees that taking the car to anything downtown isn't really the way to do things, lol. I think tailgating is popular at the Seahawks games but I've actually never been (too expensive =P).

Yeah, I've never even actually taken my car to the game... Seems like everyone I know agrees that taking the car to anything downtown isn't really the way to do things, lol. I think tailgating is popular at the Seahawks games but I've actually never been (too expensive =P).

We always take the ferry and walk to Safeco- much cheaper.

We always UBER it.

How many people if robbed and hit in the face as JC claimed to his ex - would go their merry way without contacting police ? That would only happen if you were of afraid police involvement ....or lying.

How many people if robbed and hit in the face as JC claimed to his ex - would go their merry way without contacting police ? That would only happen if you were of afraid police involvement ....or lying.

Ooh I neglected to read the articles regarding the ex. Didn't know he told her he was robbed. Juicy... Reminds me of Brandon Scott Lavergne telling the hospital he got like, randomly stabbed at a gas station or something, but really Mickey Shunick laid him out good. You can't help being proud of these victims.

Can someone please remind me how LE was able to track down JC? I did Google to find the answer and was not able to find anything saying where he was arrested from & how they tracked him to that place. TIA!

Ooh I neglected to read the articles regarding the ex. Didn't know he told her he was robbed. Juicy... Reminds me of Brandon Scott Lavergne telling the hospital he got like, randomly stabbed at a gas station or something, but really Mickey Shunick laid him out good. You can't help being proud of these victims.

Here ya go. Robbed but still had his wallet with injuries. It was in the charging docs as well.

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/13/man-ac...smemberment-charged-with-first-degree-murder/

I followed Mickey Shunick. Very sad. At least Lavergne plead guilty. Mickey was his second murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ingrid_Lyne

"Lyne's ex-husband arrived Saturday at Lyne's home to drop off their children, who had been kept overnight by grandparents, and found she was not at home."

Am I reading this correct that the children were with grandparents that night? First time I'm hearing this.

I agree that it is new news, but I am asking myself, "How does that matter in the slightest? It is wonderful for kids to spend nights with grandparents. It is inconsequential what the kids were doing the night before." IMO.

It's a multi-level parking lot and there is ZERO tailgating.

That's an interesting question. Two bus lines serve Lake Stevens.

The 425 is a commuter bus from Seattle that only runs on week days.

The 280 from Everett runs on weekends. Last drop at the LS Transit Center is 8:15. That's about a 15-20 minute walk from where he was arrested.

He would have had to take a bus from Seattle to Everett. Then catch the 280 in Everett to Lake Stevens. But where would he be from 8:30 pm-10:30 pm?

Unless he took a later bus from Seattle to Everett and his ex-gf picked him up at the Transit Center in Everett?

Thank you for those routes - I asked because I tried using trip planner and could not get it to show a direct route from downtown Seattle to Lake Stevens using this link - http://wa-everetttransit.civicplus.com/183/Trip-Planner

'Charlton showed up at a bus station in Lake Stevens about 10:30 p.m., and the ex-girlfriend noticed he had a swollen and injured lip. Charlton told her he'd been robbed of his money, though she noted he still had his wallet. '

ETA - the 510 route from 4th Ave S & S Jackson - appears to have a 9;50 pm bus arriving at 10;40 pm on Saturdays - it appears to be the last bus out.

He denied being injured to police during questioning. They probably wanted to shove a mirror in front of him like "dude look at your face". Deny, deny, deny....

'Police said that during the interview, Charlton denied having any injuries but that detectives "observed abrasions on his forehead, an injury to his lip, and to his chin. He also had scratches to his chest area and an abrasion on his left hand," the documents said.

Can someone please remind me how LE was able to track down JC? I did Google to find the answer and was not able to find anything saying where he was arrested from & how they tracked him to that place. TIA!

I read in one of the articles, too many to search, they used cell phone tracking.

'Can someone please remind me how LE was able to track down JC? I did Google to find the answer and was not able to find anything saying where he was arrested from & how they tracked him to that place. TIA!"

I read in one of the articles, too many to search, they used cell phone tracking.

"Avoiding Arrest 101" - discard cell phone.

Here it is:
We used some forensic evidence dealing with telephone calls and cell towers and the usual investigative shoe leather. Utilizing those, we were led to a suspect early on,” said Seattle Police Assistant Chief Robert Merner.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/12/john-charlton-37-arrested-as-suspect-seattle-nurse/

I thought it was great that the family phone plan allowed Ingrid's sister to quickly find his phone number and as a result his Facebook page - that was in the police document .

Here it is:
We used some forensic evidence dealing with telephone calls and cell towers and the usual investigative shoe leather. Utilizing those, we were led to a suspect early on,” said Seattle Police Assistant Chief Robert Merner.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/12/john-charlton-37-arrested-as-suspect-seattle-nurse/

I thought it was great that the family phone plan allowed Ingrid's sister to quickly find his phone number and as a result his Facebook page - that was in the police document .

Thank you both so much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back