GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for those routes - I asked because I tried using trip planner and could not get it to show a direct route from downtown Seattle to Lake Stevens using this link - http://wa-everetttransit.civicplus.com/183/Trip-Planner

'Charlton showed up at a bus station in Lake Stevens about 10:30 p.m., and the ex-girlfriend noticed he had a swollen and injured lip. Charlton told her he'd been robbed of his money, though she noted he still had his wallet. '

ETA - the 510 route from 4th Ave S & S Jackson - appears to have a 9;50 pm bus arriving at 10;40 pm on Saturdays - it appears to be the last bus out.

But 510 only goes to Everett, not LS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But 510 only goes to Everett, not LS. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you are right! I accidentally put in Everett thst time. I will try Lake Stevens transit again. I am sure LE has enough evidence right now and how /when he got to his final destination is probably irrelevant but I was just curious if he in fact took a bus or someone drove him.

So his ex picked him up at Lake Stevens Transit around 10;30 pm - but the last bus coming in from Seattle by way of Everett has a drop off of 8:15 pm. What was his route then..or did he sit around 2 hours until his ex could come....I'm not familiar with the area/buses but was playing around with various arrival possibilities on a Saturday. The other option is that someone gave him a ride and he lied about the bus but that makes no sense either.

So his ex picked him up at Lake Stevens Transit around 10;30 pm - but the last bus coming in from Seattle by way of Everett has a drop off of 8:15 pm. What was his route then..or did he sit around 2 hours until his ex could come....I'm not familiar with the area/buses but was playing around with various arrival possibilities on a Saturday. The other option is that someone gave him a ride and he lied about the bus but that makes no sense either.

But didn't the ex say that she picked him up at the bus stop at 10:30?
Do you think it's possible that she didn't know the bus schedule and was told to pick him up there at that time ?
Do you think it's possible that someone dropped him off at the bus stop at that time ?
I'm not sure how I feel yet about the speculation that JC had a partner - honestly, I really think this was all his own doing , even though it really was ALOT of work.
This is horrible- but I wonder what shape those body parts were in that were just recently found ? I wonder if they were in the right state of decomposition - pending that they were placed in bins just after her death.
Or if they look as though they have been somewhat preserved ?

Do you think it's possible that she didn't know the bus schedule and was told to pick him up there at that time ?
Do you think it's possible that someone dropped him off at the bus stop at that time ?
I'm not sure how I feel yet about the speculation that JC had a partner - honestly, I really think this was all his own doing , even though it really was ALOT of work.
This is horrible- but I wonder what shape those body parts were in that were just recently found ? I wonder if they were in the right state of decomposition - pending that they were placed in bins just after her death.

I'm pretty sure there was a quote from the ex something to the effect of he was supposed to come in the morning to help her in the yard but ended up showing up at the bus stop at 10:30pm.

Geez, what if a third girlfriend figure was hanging out with him Saturday and dropped him off at Lake Stevens Transit Center. That would means three separate women agreed to hang out with him in a 48-hour period, when he deserved to have about zero women hang out with him.

I'm pretty sure there was a quote from the ex something to the effect of he was supposed to come in the morning to help her in the yard but ended up showing up at the bus stop at 10:30pm.

Yeah, I don't know how accurate the 10:30pm time is. I can picture a statement like: He was supposed to show up and help with yardwork at 10:30am, but he didn't show up until 10:30pm.

She could've mentioned that 10:30pm time more of an example of how late he was - the opposite time of day from when he said he would be there - rather than a specific time. She expected him in the morning, but he showed up in the evening.

IDK, of course.

I'm wondering if he slept in Ingrid's car at some point. I would expect the guy had to have slept at some point during the day, considering he was up all night.

Confusing =\ I can't remember, had he been arrested by the time the first remains were found? It all happened so close together. They were found the next day, right?

Timeline:
1. 4/8/16 Friday- game started at 7:10- ended at 10:05
2. 4/9/16 Saturday morning- Ingrid was reported missing at 10:00
3. 4/9/16 Saturday afternoon- body parts found by neighbor in recycle bin after collection 1600 block on 21st Ave
4. 4/11/16 John Robert Charlton arrested- initial charge of suspicion of second-degree murder
5. 4/13/16 probable cause- charged with 1st degree murder- Gordon Hill, public defender bail set at $2 million
6. 4/15/16 second set of body parts found by trash collector 900 block on 20th Ave
7. 4/15/16 search warrant issued for house at 948 20th Ave
8. 4/18/16 third set of body parts found by employees at recycling center on South Hanford St
9. 4/27/16 Charlton will be arraigned for 1st degree murder and theft of a vehicle

This is the best that I can do, so please feel free to add, correct or fine tune.

Lake Stevens Transit Center as well as all of the buses that service it have cameras. Most of all the buses do. It would be interesting to back track and see his behavior on the buses if he did in fact ride the bus.

I'm a chatter, too. But the pictures of JC I have seen all look different, so I can be pretty sure if he was there, I wouldn't have known for sure. We obviously don't know how well IL resembles her pictures. Unless they chatted with people around them about something meaningful, I can't imagine I'd really remember, either.

I think opening game would be kind of crazy and everyone would be excited and interacting with their own friends and family. It seems totally possible that IL and JC could have gone to the game and not caught the attention of anyone in a way that would be memorable.

Like you, I am not inclined to believe he had any help. I think this was all orchestrated and carried out by JC. The ex only mentioned him showing up at the bus stop - not that he arrived ON a bus. I got to looking at the schedules and thought that perhaps I was missing a bus that may arrive around 10:30 pm but I'm trying route by route and haven't hit one that has any time within an hour of that drop off. So he either arrived around 8 pm and hung out (but wasn't her place close enough to walk within 2 hours) or I thought maybe someone else dropped him there - not an accomplice but maybe he asked a friend or relative for a ride.

This article says he "arrived at her home"

The former girlfriend told detectives that Charlton arrived at her home about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday. She’s known him for a year and described him as a “mean drunk,” according to charging documents. He never assaulted her.
http://www.rentonreporter.com/news/375631371.html#

while this one says he arrived at the bus station....
Charlton showed up at a bus station in Lake Stevens about 10:30 p.m., and the ex-girlfriend noticed he had a swollen and injured lip.
http://www.people.com/article/disturbing-allegations-john-charlton-alleged-killer-seattle-mom

I thought one article said she actually picked him up at the bus station but I find no mention of it now and think I may have filled that part in with an assumption.

Timeline:
1. 4/8/16 Friday- game started at 7:10- ended at 11:05
3. 4/9/16 Saturday afternoon- body parts found by neighbor in recycle bin after collection 1600 block on 21st Ave
4. 4/11/16 John Robert Charlton arrested- initial charge of suspicion of second-degree murder
5. 4/13/16 probable cause- charged with 1st degree murder- Gordon Hill, public defender bail set at $2 million
6. 4/15/16 second set of body parts found by trash collector 900 block on 20th Ave
8. 4/18/16 third set of body parts found by employees at recycling center on South Hanford St
9. 4/27/16 Charlton will be arraigned for 1st degree murder and theft of a vehicle

This is the best that I can do, so please feel free to add, correct or fine tune.

Just one quick correction about the game times, I believe it ended after 2 hours and 55 minutes, which would be 10:05. It was a 3-2, nine inning game, which would go fairly fast.

Just one quick correction about the game times, I believe it ended after 2 hours and 55 minutes, which would be 10:05. It was a 3-2, nine inning game, which would go fairly fast.

You are absolutely correct! Thank you!

I think opening game would be kind of crazy and everyone would be excited and interacting with their own friends and family. It seems totally possible that IL and JC could have gone to the game and not caught the attention of anyone in a way that would be memorable.

Two years ago - a man went missing at a concert - and ended up in the stadium's trash duct. Only this year did a witness come forward and say that she saw him arguing with a group in her section and they followed him. If IL and JC didn't create any type of spectacle - they very well may have just blended in unless the person next to her was very observant and took notice of her to the point where they recognized her on the news.

How many people if robbed and hit in the face as JC claimed to his ex - would go their merry way without contacting police ? That would only happen if you were of afraid police involvement ....or lying.

Someone who is usually not the victim when interacting with police.

People who have criminal records tend to police themselves and not trust the cops. Even if he didn't have a guilty conscience, and he really was beat and mugged he would not have called them. JMO

Timeline:
1. 4/8/16 Friday- game started at 7:10- ended at 11:05

Thanks for putting this together!

I think the game ended at 10:05 pm (Mariners website has game time at 2 hours 55 minutes)

I would also add:
4/9 ~12 am neighbors security camera picks up a car at IL's house. Car leaves at ~4 am

This just hit me, but the last two articles have stated that "evidence found by police indicates that Lyne was likely killed AND dismembered in the bathtub".

Paralegal

Oh wow.

If that is true (not sure how they would know the bathtub was the place of the actual murder) then that would mean he planned to do what he did.

Like he knew ahead of time he would be making a messy scene, as opposed to being in a panic trying to figure out how to dispose of the remains and deciding on the saw/bathtub.

ETA: just read the Seattle Times article. I think there is a chance that the writer might have meant she was killed and THEN dismembered in the bathtub. Wish it could be clarified. Makes a big difference!

It wouldn't make sense for him to wait 2 hours at the bus stop. Google maps says it's a 10 minute walk.

There are a few bars in that area, a Target, a grocery store. There is a gym...not saying he worked out...but it would be a place to shower and get cleaned up?

Ooh I neglected to read the articles regarding the ex. Didn't know he told her he was robbed. Juicy... Reminds me of Brandon Scott Lavergne telling the hospital he got like, randomly stabbed at a gas station or something, but really Mickey Shunick laid him out good. You can't help being proud of these victims.

Re: he was robbed. Why did he have $26.00 in his pocket on Monday when he was arrested?

Yeah, I don't know how accurate the 10:30pm time is. I can picture a statement like: He was supposed to show up and help with yardwork at 10:30am, but he didn't show up until 10:30pm.

She could've mentioned that 10:30pm time more of an example of how late he was - the opposite time of day from when he said he would be there - rather than a specific time. She expected him in the morning, but he showed up in the evening.

IDK, of course.

I'm wondering if he slept in Ingrid's car at some point. I would expect the guy had to have slept at some point during the day, considering he was up all night.

Where he parked is super close to Pike Place Market. There is a big grassy area there that overlooks the Puget Sound and a lot of tourists (and homeless people) are lying around there on any given semi-nice day.

For some reason I keep imagining him crashing there until he got his act together to take a bus back to Lake Stevens because he wouldn't attract any attention there.

Of course, you would think he'd want to get out of Dodge. But who knows how his mind works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back