GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FYI - I posted this in the last thread. I haven't been able to find anything in CA or TX either.

When considering potential other victims, we need look outside of Washington. Based on his criminal history, here are some of the places he has been in the last 20 years:

- 1997 booked for assault in King County, Washington also Possession of Marijuana in Washington
- 1998 Auburn County Washington - domestic violence assault case filed May 21, 1998
- 1998 (summer) arrested for DUI in Washington
- 2003 (Nov) Robbery and 3 counts of battery - Miami/Dade County, Florida (released from prison in Jan 2004)
- 2006 Aggravated robbery in Utah. (Carjacking with a woman and child in the car).
- 2006 Restraining order with his parents - was this in Washington?
- 2006 to 2008 served about 21 months before the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole terminated his sentence and released him without supervision on June 24, 2008. http://www.sltrib.com/home/3769205-1...prison-time-in
- 2009 Misdemeanor battery in Idaho.
- 2009 Felony theft, Montana (May 2009)
- 2009-2014 Looks like he was in prison in Montana some time from 2009 to the end of 2014. https://app.mt.gov/conweb/Home/OffenderNumber/3004563 But it's unclear exactly when he was let out.
- October 2015 Lynnwood Municipal Court driving without insurance.
- February 2016 Stopped for driving a Ford Taurus with expired tags

This list shows 5 states that he was arrested in. The probable cause statement mentions that he has a criminal history in 6 states. Some posters have indicated that the 6th state was Texas, but I don't know the details or source of that info or what the year of that arrest.

Hey ClaireNC,I do not know if this has been answered but People Mag does not list any offenses inTexas:
<snip>
Charlton &#8211; who has an extensive criminal history with offenses in 6 states;Washington, Florida, Utah, Idaho, California and Montana &#8211; <snip>
Link
http://www.people.com/article/john-charlton-charged-alleged-murder-seattle-nurse

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm still curious if IL and her daughters had any pets if so what's their condition?

I just read an article that said her daughter's had cats. It was the heavy article posted upthread. I'm guessing they were okay, since the police went to the house and fed them to help out the family.

Trying to catch up and probably jumping ahead too soon. The cooler was not Ingrid's. It's been established it was already in the trash before JC put her torso in it.

Why do you feel that way? It was already in the trash when the neighbor saw it there, but how do you know that her body wasn't already in it?

I thought I had heard that Dahmer and Bundy both would drink before their murders. I know Bundy didn't dispose in the same gruesome way but I'll have to look into the alcohol factor as I might be remembering wrong.

IIRC Dahmer almost always drank with his victims beforehand, usually drugging them in the process.

I just read an article that said her daughter's had cats. It was the heavy article posted upthread. I'm guessing they were okay, since the police went to the house and fed them to help out the family.

He's lucky she didn't have a great big dog. But he seems like an opportunistic wuss, so he probably would've picked a different victim or at least crime scene =|

Bringing this forward - the cooler.

The article quoted here says a source said the remains were found in a cooler.

There is a post on Reddit from someone who lives across the street from where the remains were found, and he/she said the neighbors said the remains were found in a cooler, and one neighbor commented that he'd noticed the cooler in the trash, and thought about taking it out to clean and keep because it looked fairly new. He was running late for work so decided not to. It was also said that there was a lot of misc trash at that address due to the previous residents having just moved out.

This isn't from a confirmed source but it was posted yesterday or the day before on here by someone else and not removed as rumor, so I assumed it was being allowed. Then it was being discussed and still no removal or caution not to discuss it because it was a rumor...so maybe it just slipped past the mods?

I can provide the link to the Reddit post but I don't think that's considered confirmation.

The article quoted here says a source said the remains were found in a cooler.

There is a post on Reddit from someone who lives across the street from where the remains were found, and he/she said the neighbors said the remains were found in a cooler, and one neighbor commented that he'd noticed the cooler in the trash, and thought about taking it out to clean and keep because it looked fairly new. He was running late for work so decided not to. It was also said that there was a lot of misc trash at that address due to the previous residents having just moved out.

This isn't from a confirmed source but it was posted yesterday or the day before on here by someone else and not removed as rumor, so I assumed it was being allowed. Then it was being discussed and still no removal or caution not to discuss it because it was a rumor...so maybe it just slipped past the mods?

I can provide the link to the Reddit post but I don't think that's considered confirmation.

Thanks but this still doesn't answer the question if the cooler was taken from IL's house or if the cooler was already in the trash before he put her torso in there.

Coincident or divine intervention....I do not think JC was lucky enough to stumble upon a cooler in a recycle bin, It also does not make much sense for him to remove cooler and add torso and redeposit cooler in recycle bin. There is a better than 95% likelihood that cooler belonged to either JC or IL .Hopefully thread will not get derailed as to whether or not JC could afford a cooler.

Thanks but this still doesn't answer the question if the cooler was taken from IL's house or if the cooler was already in the trash before he put her torso in there.

I really don't think he stopped, dug through trash to find a cooler, placed her torso into it, then placed it back in the bin. Of course it's Ingrid's cooler, just like it was her pruning saw, her trash bags, and her SUV.

I could be wrong, but I understood that someone who lived at the place said that they had seen the cooler in the bin and even considered taking it (presumably in the week since it had been dumped there by JC), not that he had necessarily seen it before The date of the murder.

Maybe that's where I'm getting my ideas from. I need to go reread that.

I'm betting the new-looking cooler was from IL's house and not something JC was lucky enough to happen upon in one of the bins he selected.

The cooler is beginning to resemble the "Purple Glove" from our dear HG thread.....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

IIRC Dahmer almost always drank with his victims beforehand, usually drugging them in the process.

I was thinking about this last night and I started to wonder if JC might have drugged IL's drink at the bar or later on, at her home. If at the bar, they could have left soon after & IL would have felt groggy/super drunk bc she had (hypothetically) been drugged & perhaps asked JC to drive her SUV home? Assuming he already knew her address or she gave it to him before passing out, this could have happened. This would eliminate the question of if JC forced her to take him to her house, or if things were going okay before & IL invited him to her home.
Just an idea & I obviously have no inside info to base it on.

Can anyone remind me of the woman who disappeared in Thurston County?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this last night and I started to wonder if JC might have drugged IL's drink at the bar or later on, at her home. If at the bar, they could have left soon after & IL would have felt groggy/super drunk bc she had (hypothetically) been drugged & perhaps asked JC to drive her SUV home? Assuming he already knew her address or she gave it to him before passing out, this could have happened. This would eliminate the question of if JC forced her to take him to her house, or if things were going okay before & IL invited him to her home.

These are good points. My problem with the drugging theory is that IL had enough strength to "fight back" - hence the scratches and injuries he received in the struggle. I would think that if she was drugged, she would be too out of it to put up a good fight.

Although we haven't be allowed to see his face, etc, these injuries were noted by police.

Can anyone remind me of the woman who disappeared in Thurston County?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy Moyer from Tenino

Edited to add: This article says prints were taken from a glass at her house. So if there is a connection to JC, then LE might already know? http://www.examiner.com/article/nancy-moyer-pi-looking-into-case-of-washington-woman-missing-for-four-years

I really don't think he stopped, dug through trash to find a cooler, placed her torso into it, then placed it back in the bin. Of course it's Ingrid's cooler, just like it was her pruning saw, her trash bags, and her SUV.

That would make WAY more sense.

These are good points. My problem with the drugging theory is that IL had enough strength to "fight back" - hence the scratches and injuries he received in the struggle. I would think that if she was drugged, she would be too out of it to put up a good fight.

Although we haven't be allowed to see his face, etc, these injuries were noted by police.

However we know little of said injuries, scratches, until seeing so called injuries. A few scratches here and there could easily be picked up from gardening, her cat, his ex during rough sex, there is too little known to speculate whether they came from IL or not.

MOO

Oh good thinking, I can't believe I haven't thought of this. He could have drugged her and then had a super easy time killing and dismembering her. Just like Dahmer. Ew.

And I think someone mentioned this before, but if he had somehow taken control of her car, might there have been a GPS device inside with a simple "home" setting, thus eliminating his need to get her address?

However we know little of said injuries, scratches, until seeing so called injuries. A few scratches here and there could easily be picked up from gardening, her cat, his ex during rough sex, there is too little known to speculate whether they came from IL or not.

MOO

Also we know too little of the nature of the hypothetical drug JC might have used. There are many many different kinds, and if he was really so poor, he might have had to shoddily improvise something. Or maybe, in keeping with his seeming MO of only using Ingrid's stuff in the crime, he could have drugged her with her own prescriptions/OTC's/household chemicals... This really not subduing her enough to keep her from taking a whack at him.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back