GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 Apr 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I think someone mentioned this before, but if he had somehow taken control of her car, might there have been a GPS device inside with a simple "home" setting, thus eliminating his need to get her address?

It was mentioned in several articles that he has spent the night at her place before, so I would guess he already had her address based on that.

MasterGee, so you think this happned out of some provoked rage? That if the night had gone differently Ingrid would still be alive? Can you elaborate? I just think he's a serial killer and he knew going into that date his intention to kill. Always interested in other's perspective

Provoked is a matter of perspective. The slightest perceived criticism, no matter how benign can set a drunk with a hair trigger temper off. Little man syndrome? I see no indication that this was a planned event, but not all of the evidence is public, I'm sure. He used what was there at her residence, saw, bags etc. I just think at this point, everything was going ok (or she may not have brought him to her home) and the alcohol kept taking its toll until something set him off. I also believe this was not his first time at her house and he would have done it earlier if he was a serial killer waiting to unleash. Think more likely something real or perceived set his drunk a$$ off and he killed her in a rage. I guess its fun to speculate on the serial killer deal, but by the what I can see so far, this was a domestic violence thing turned murder. Cutting up the body was his dumb idea of how to get away with it. Too many crime shows for him too.

It was mentioned in several articles that he has spent the night at her place before, so I would guess he already had her address based on that.

His story was he had been there before. There has been nothing to confirm that.

Provoked is a matter of perspective. The slightest perceived criticism, no matter how benign can set a drunk with a hair trigger temper off. Little man syndrome? I see no indication that this was a planned event, but not all of the evidence is public, I'm sure. He used what was there at her residence, saw, bags etc. I just think at this point, everything was going ok (or she may not have brought him to her home) and the alcohol kept taking its toll until something set him off. I also believe this was not his first time at her house and he would have done it earlier if he was a serial killer waiting to unleash. Think more likely something real or perceived set his drunk a$$ off and he killed her in a rage. I guess its fun to speculate on the serial killer deal, but by the what I can see so far, this was a domestic violence thing turned murder. Cutting up the body was his dumb idea of how to get away with it. Too many crime shows for him too.

I agree! Though, I do think he could possibly have done this before. But, I don't think he drugged her....I think they went to her house as part of the date and things went downhill there, fast. It's not hard to figure out where to find items he needed after she died - the trash bags, cooler, saw. It doesn't indicate to me that he's been there before or not. I would know where to look in anyone's house to find those types of items - and I'm assuming he was opportunistic in what he used. If he saw a duffle bag instead of a cooler, he would've used that, ykwim? I don't think he cased the joint in advance, even if he had indeed been there before.

I do think he fantasized about murdering a woman and dismembering her. He's an opportunistic predator, imo, more than a planning one. If a woman "acts weird," (and I'm assuming that means she didn't like his way of sexual advances), that's the opportunity he needed to put his fantasy into action. While he might not have had a plan for that particular night, he did have a "script" that he has thought out in his mind over the years.

Most people don't kill their dates. And of the people who kill their dates, it doesn't occur to most of them to dismember them. I would think the first thing that would come to mind would be to hide the body fast, not cut it up. He's "not normal," and he did think and want to cut it up.

JMOPINION.

His story was he had been there before. There has been nothing to confirm that.

I agree no confirmation. Thats was he said. Lol. I think had he slept over before he would be trying to couch surf there instead of at his ex GF's twice a week. He strikes me as a guy who wouldn't want to leave.

I'm sure her ex and friends could confirm that if they were asked to watch the girls overnight on other occasions.

Was he going to be arraigned on the 23rd or 26th?

I agree! Though, I do think he could possibly have done this before. But, I don't think he drugged her....I think they went to her house as part of the date and things went downhill there, fast. It's not hard to figure out where to find items he needed after she died - the trash bags, cooler, saw. It doesn't indicate to me that he's been there before or not. I would know where to look in anyone's house to find those types of items - and I'm assuming he was opportunistic in what he used. If he saw a duffle bag instead of a cooler, he would've used that, ykwim? I don't think he cased the joint in advance, even if he had indeed been there before.

I do think he fantasized about murdering a woman and dismembering her. He's an opportunistic predator, imo, more than a planning one. If a woman "acts weird," (and I'm assuming that means she didn't like his way of sexual advances), that's the opportunity he needed to put his fantasy into action. While he might not have had a plan for that particular night, he did have a "script" that he has thought out in his mind over the years.

Most people don't kill their dates. And of the people who kill their dates, it doesn't occur to most of them to dismember them. I would think the first thing that would come to mind would be to hide the body fast, not cut it up. He's "not normal," and he did think and want to cut it up.

JMOPINION.

Agreed, I only pointed out that I think he was there before because 1) he said so 2) If he had been there before, alone, why not kill her then? 3) Shows that there was a relationship to some level 4) some folks here think this was their first encounter..i don't.. I don't disagree with any of your assertions...

JMOPINION.

Really good clear thinking and I concur. It's possible this was the first time, or it's possible he's done it before - with people or animals. But there was some level of acceptance in his sick mind of what he did with the body. So that takes either a lot of fantasizing or actual practice, IMO.

Nancy Moyer from Tenino

Edited to add: This article says prints were taken from a glass at her house. So if there is a connection to JC, then LE might already know? http://www.examiner.com/article/nan...se-of-washington-woman-missing-for-four-years

I'm very suspicious of the Nancy Moyer case but if there were a connection to JC it seems like they would have made it a long time ago because probably his fingerprints are in the system already with all his arrests. I wonder. It sounds so weirdly similar.

Here's a little quote on the Nancy Moyer case that is bothering me: "Nancy was "looking forward to the weekend," because she was going out, Doughty told King 5 news."
from this:
http://www.examiner.com/article/nan...se-of-washington-woman-missing-for-four-years

But then there is this: "Her family stated she would never have left of her own accord and abandoned her daughters, she wasn't dating anyone or having any personal problems..."
from this:
https://www.facebook.com/Washington...849336062955/1472863366261551/?type=1&theater

Maybe she was doing a little online dating, and hadn't mentioned him yet to her family.

And I think someone mentioned this before, but if he had somehow taken control of her car, might there have been a GPS device inside with a simple "home" setting, thus eliminating his need to get her address?

{respectfully snipped} . . .

Slightly OT but a friendly reminder to set your GPS "home" address purposely NEAR your home (maybe one street away) but not exactly TO your home address. Precisely for reasons such as this.

RIP Ingrid and peace to all her loved ones. This case is hideous.

{respectfully snipped} . . .

Slightly OT but a friendly reminder to set your GPS "home" address purposely NEAR your home (maybe one street away) but not exactly TO your home address. Precisely for reasons such as this.

RIP Ingrid and peace to all her loved ones. This case is hideous.

What are you supposed to do about your car registration that has your address on it?

What are you supposed to do about your car registration that has your address on it?

Great point. Plus many cars have garage door openers in them, or a garage door button on the mirror or on the dash. If someone steals your car, they may have access to your home as well. Especially if your garage has a door leading into your house.

I am sure it all varies state to state, but I have never carried registration, just proof of liability.

Those of you wondering how a female torso can fit in a cooler, the torso can be only the portion of the body from the shoulders to the waist, which on Ingrid was probably not longer than 11-12". I am personally thankful we don't have the details on that one.

"After the retraining order they worked on their relationship with John," he says. "Just last summer she [JoAnn] was telling me how good Johnny was doing."

BBM - I can't fathom the horror this mom is going through. Johnny . . . this used to be her little boy. Wow.

"After the retraining order they worked on their relationship with John," he says. "Just last summer she [JoAnn] was telling me how good Johnny was doing."

BBM - I can't fathom the horror this mom is going through. Johnny . . . this used to be her little boy. Wow.

I know, I can't even IMAGINE what this poor mother is going through. This was one of my first thoughts when this crime became public. Such a heinous crime, committed by your own child. So sad.

My son is in trouble with the law right now, so I can empathize. It's terrible anyone would think to blame the parents for this horrific crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back