GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that internet dating gets a bad rap, but it's really not any less safe than going out with a guy you meet at a bar, or the grocery store, or the library. Spending time alone with someone you don't know much about is ALWAYS risky. Where you met the person doesn't make much of a difference, as long as your first date happens in a very public place.

This may not be the time to discuss it on the heels of such fresh and upsetting news, but I do agree with you. Hubby and I had our 18th anniversary earlier this year and we met online initially. It's not how you meet, it's who you meet, and how smart you are about it. Of course no one believes they're going on a date with a killer, so that's why you always meet in public places - no exceptions.

moo

I know that internet dating gets a bad rap, but it's really not any less safe than going out with a guy you meet at a bar, or the grocery store, or the library. Spending time alone with someone you don't know much about is ALWAYS risky. Where you met the person doesn't make much of a difference, as long as your first date happens in a very public place.

And the thing is, their first date was a major-league baseball game. It doesn't get more public than that, and she still met with danger.

So, did he PLAN this? Looks like that way, doesn't it?

A timeline of the missing mother-homicide cases that @SeattlePD is tentatively connecting: http://kiro.tv/1UX4GVA twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/s…

[video=twitter;719691974878633988]https://twitter.com/kiro7seattle/status/719691974878633988[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so true about online dating. I do it, but I am careful. I always meet somewhere public, I don't give him my last name, I tell my best friend where I'm going, etc. This makes me want to not do it anymore though. It's scary. People can look "normal", act sweet, etc, and have a dark side.

And the thing is, their first date was a major-league baseball game. It doesn't get more public than that, and she still met with danger.

So, did he PLAN this? Looks like that way, doesn't it?

I don't think she ever made it to the game, but the investigation will reveal that.

That Craig's List post says he's 43. This guy is 37. Not that he wouldn't lie, obviously! But can't imagine why. I am completely floored. I thought there was NO WAY it would be this guy. Her friends knew exactly who she was going out with and when! I'm glad he's a complete dumb *ss!!!!
Hmm, I didn't see that ad...

I wonder what LE found that lead to this quick arrest. They didn't need much time to pull together evidence, they slam-dunk arrested him, fast. That is something comforting in this troubling case.

Is there a link to the county jail where you can search his name for infro? Locals?

It's so true about online dating. I do it, but I am careful. I always meet somewhere public, I don't give him my last name, I tell my best friend where I'm going, etc. This makes me want to not do it anymore though. It's scary. People can look "normal", act sweet, etc, and have a dark side.

Yes, it's a great way to meet men. And my friend isn't young. We are 50. The second she put her profile up, her phone was going insane with alerts. But she has met some CRAZY men out there. BONKERS crazy. I have told her the older we get, the crazier we get. But it's the same anywhere. You can meet a crazy person at the library. But I think there are so many more chances of connecting online, that it just increases the volume.

You have to wonder if he planned this all along - if the story about him saying he was 43 is true. Most people in their 30's and 40's don't say they are older.

I wonder what LE found that lead to this quick arrest. They didn't need much time to pull together evidence, they slam-dunk arrested him, fast. That is something comforting in this troubling case.

Well, it doesn't sound like he was that smart since her friends were able to get his picture out almost immediately via social media.

I'm presuming he took her car from her home, since her phone was left, but, how did he get there? He couldn't have driven two cars away.

such a beautiful, vibrant looking young woman.Such a tragedy for her family. I can't imagine their pain.

I'm no spring chicken either. :) But the one thing I do like better about meeting people organically, per se, is you have a better chance of asking around about him and finding people who know him. With online dating, what you see and read may not be what you get.

Hello to our guests.

I'm no spring chicken either. :) But the one thing I do like better about meeting people organically, per se, is you have a better chance of asking around about him and finding people who know him. With online dating, what you see and read may not be what you get.
There should be an app with each dating site for background checks, and if the guy/gal doesn't want to summit one, they can't have a date with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem