GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he woke up on a sidewalk. Did he contact her the next day after they spent the night together? That sure would be telling.
Was he at The Residence Inn or not? That if true will verify the sidewalk story. I'm still flabbergasted at a second degree charge. How can this be? What kind of prison time does one serve on that? I just don't get it.

Different strokes.

If I was young, single, and looking for uncomplicated fun, I'd be all over it. Bring it on! If I was looking for someone to date seriously, of course not.
I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Was he at The Residence Inn or not? That if true will verify the sidewalk story. I'm still flabbergasted at a second degree charge. How can this be? What kind of prison time does one serve on that? I just don't get it.

We need to check the legal definitions of the state. In some states, first-degree is reserved for very specific cases, such as killing a law-enforcement officer.

JMO

Edited to add: nevermind about the special circumstances...doesn't seem to be the case in Washington. See post below. I posted the definitions of 1st and 2nd degree murder in WA.

Murder in 1st degree in Washington state:

Murder in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of murder in the first degree when:
(a) With a premeditated intent to cause the death of another person, he or she causes the death of such person or of a third person; or
(b) Under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life, he or she engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to any person, and thereby causes the death of a person; or
(c) He or she commits or attempts to commit the crime of either (1) robbery in the first or second degree, (2) rape in the first or second degree, (3) burglary in the first degree, (4) arson in the first or second degree, or (5) kidnapping in the first or second degree, and in the course of or in furtherance of such crime or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants: Except that in any prosecution under this subdivision (1)(c) in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, if established by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, it is a defense that the defendant:
(i) Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause, or aid the commission thereof; and
(ii) Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article, or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury; and
(iii) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article, or substance; and
(iv) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.
(2) Murder in the first degree is a class A felony.
[1990 c 200 § 1; 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38 § 3; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.32.030.]

Murder in 2nd degree in Washington state:
Murder in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of murder in the second degree when:
(a) With intent to cause the death of another person but without premeditation, he or she causes the death of such person or of a third person; or
(b) He or she commits or attempts to commit any felony, including assault, other than those enumerated in RCW 9A.32.030(1)(c), and, in the course of and in furtherance of such crime or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants; except that in any prosecution under this subdivision (1)(b) in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, if established by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, it is a defense that the defendant:
(i) Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause, or aid the commission thereof; and
(ii) Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article, or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury; and
(iii) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article, or substance; and
(iv) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.
(2) Murder in the second degree is a class A felony.
[2003 c 3 § 2; 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38 § 4; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.32.050.]

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.32.050

If he can do what he is accused of doing, then I can believe that he had a serious psychotic episode and blacked out - not sure the proper term....but I think it's definitely plausible.

A substance-induced psychotic episode.
Passed out from alcohol intoxication.

When will we be seeing a current ​photo of him? Booking or court?

I guess this one woke up on the street instead of the desert. What time did he wake up, and where did he go next? Was blood all over his clothes?

Oh this is so terrible. No justice in the "I woke up on the sidewalk" B S! B S! R I P beautiful mother Ingrid

So he woke up on a sidewalk. Did he contact her the next day after they spent the night together? That sure would be telling.

Why would he? He had no recollection of anything leading up to his blackout. And nobody can prove otherwise.

I'm curious as to what time the garbage gets picked up? Has this been discussed? Maybe he thought he would dispose of the bags in the trash, garbage trucks would come, and no one would be the wiser. I wonder if he looked in the trash can or just tossed them out thinking trucks hadn't come yet? If he had put them in over night, surely they would have been emptied which means he placed them in the garbage probably after 8am (time trash comes here)? None of which makes sense to me. The homeowner said he went to pull the cans in and noticed they weren't empty which means he put them in an empty container? I wonder if the disposal neighborhood has any cameras anywhere?

OMG the "I was in a black out" defense? PUHLEAZE and nice try dude. This 'defense' has been tried at least in 2 trials I remember and served no one ---- in the Vandy retrial (guilty just this friday, thankyouverymuch) and in the Kathy Taft trial (ditto, guilty),. EVEN IF he was drunk, he is still criminally responsible. Drunkenness ain't mental illnes, yo

Why only second degree? He cut up her body.

The basic difference between first and second degree murder in Washington is premeditation. A charge of intentional murder represents the most serious allegation a person can face under Washington law. You can be guilty of second-degree murder if you intentionally kill another person, but do so without any premeditation. Typically this type of murder happens in the heat of the moment. - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/washin...d-degree-murder-law.html#sthash.Z0OjFSLf.dpuf

Right. He remembers sleeping with her but not chopping her up and bagging her. Not buying it.

My 33 yr old son suffers from severe schizoaffective disorder for 13 years, started in his twenties. Cannot function anymore. He hears audible voices, delusions, paranoia etc... He's been having psychotic episodes for thirteen years and no you don't black out.

The basic difference between first and second degree murder in Washington is premeditation. A charge of intentional murder represents the most serious allegation a person can face under Washington law. You can be guilty of second-degree murder if you intentionally kill another person, but do so without any premeditation. Typically this type of murder happens in the heat of the moment. - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/washin...d-degree-murder-law.html#sthash.Z0OjFSLf.dpuf

Were you able to find what sentencing would be, IF found guilty?

But, how do we know it wasn't premeditated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member