Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look in the scanner thread, and read back a bit.

But if you take a look at the comments on the KIRO7 FB page there is a local that says something different. I'm just wondering if multiple calls were made or if perhaps the 911 operator misunderstood the child on the phone (my friend's sister vs my little sister). Why the heck was a child trusted to make such an important call anyway?

It's entirely possible whoever the kid was that called 911 said "my little sister's friend" or words to that affect. Regardless, we know it wasn't either of the parents that dialed 911 and that seems completely off the rails for me. I wouldn't leave that critical phone call to ANYONE ELSE if one of my kids or my grandkids went missing. I'd be the one placing that call myself.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to why it would take the police 39 minutes to respond to a missing 6 year-old 911 call?

No, but I'm wondering where you read/heard it took 39 minutes? I haven't seen that so I'm just curious.

Maybe the sister and Jenise were both gone in the morning, the sister goes to hang out with friends and the parents assume Jenise is with her sister. The sister shows up later in the day and then they realize Jenise is missing.
I'm just trying to think of scenarios that might explain the delayed call to police.

"When they couldn’t find her, they called 911 at 9:55 p.m. on Sunday, call records show. Kitsap County Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the mobile home park at 10:34 p.m."

Okay, hadn't noticed that previously. Possible reason it took that long to respond? The only think I can think of is that every available officer was already on a call and that was the quickest they could wrap those up. I have a family member that used to work for the KCSO and he told me once years ago Sunday nights in KC are one of the busiest nights of the week (and for the ER). No idea why, or if it's still like that. I remembering him specifically (jokingly) saying "if you ever need a cop or need to go to the ER, don't do it on a Sunday night".

folks: social media comments are rumors. They are not facts. You can link to appropriate social media (msm, that of the missing person) and say see comments but you cannot post comments as facts here.

Also: scanner information must stay in the scanner forum. If you would like to direct other members to take a look at the scanner forum you may post that.

But after getting verified, we can post first hand knowledge?

I think this is going to be a very sad outcome, unless whoever has her for some reason will let her go.
I don't think the parents are involved, in her being missing.

I think this is going to be a very sad outcome, unless whoever has her for some reason will let her go.
I don't think the parents are involved, in her being missing.

I agree. It's becoming more and more obvious this girl was really "easy pickings" for someone who wanted to nab a child. A perp would know no one would come looking for her for hours.

Getting caught up here. I do remember it was stated that Jeanna wandered the neighborhood but always checked in every few hours IIRC. It appears she didn't check in every few hours so why no concern then:banghead:

folks: social media comments are rumors. They are not facts. You can link to appropriate social media (msm, that of the missing person) and say see comments but you cannot post comments as facts here.

Also: scanner information must stay in the scanner forum. If you would like to direct other members to take a look at the scanner forum you may post that.

I hope I didn't break any rules by posting the link to KIRO's FB page/comments. I wasn't trying to imply the comment was a fact.

The sister shows up later in the day and then they realize Jenise is missing.

BBM. I went back and listened to the father on this link, and noticed in this report he said he sent the sister out to look for her at noon and that's when he began to be concerned because she couldn't find her (yikes):

(For some reason on this link you have to go to around mark 7:30 to even get it to start the news report, and then go to around 9:01 to hear what he says about noon)

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/6-year-old-girl-missing-bremerton/ngtWG/

News reports say the parents willingly took polygraphs- and they allowed the home to be searched without a warrant.

I have to believe that many of the "guilty" tells are because they ARE guilty of bad parenting.

Read the "child" who called 911 then handed the phone to the father.

Someone said something about there not being an Amber Alert issued & that is because the way the law is written requires some description of vehicle or human the child was last seen with.

I keep thinking of the Alanna Gallagher case. Her parents didn't report her missing for quite some time either, in fact reported her to LE who were in her neighborhood because they found her body. I believe she was also 6 a friendly little social butterfly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand