Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/270233541.html

bbm

"Neighbors" .. plural, lends validity to a degree. Jenise was last seen August 3, *Sunday*.

This raises questions:

1) Was Jenise in her house / bed Saturday 10:00 PM? Assumed "Yes", as per father's report.
2) When did Jenise leave her house? Assumed between Saturday 10:00 PM and Sunday 7:00 AM. Most likely Sunday early morning.
3) Who was with Jenise Sunday before 12:00 PM?
4) Who was with Jenise Sunday between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM?
5) Who was with Jenise Sunday after 4:00 PM?
6) What time Sunday did Jenise initially encounter GG?

Given a reported last sighting time of 4:00 PM, we might assume time available to commit the crime probably 3 to 5 hours.

Who saw her Saturday at 4:00?

Sorry for being unclear. CF said there was nothing in the media that said they didn't get worried earlier or that they weren't searching earlier. My post was a poorly labeled hypothetical, if they were worried early and if they did canvas the neighborhood after that first missed check-in then why didn't they report her missing after the canvas failed to find her?

Ah, thanks for that. I thought there was confusion over what the parents did or didn't say about being worried. So yes, hypothetically it would make no sense whatsoever for them to be worried by 11 am yet not bother to search for Jenise, let alone wait until 9:54 pm to call police. Got it (I hope). :)

JW was last seen SUNDAY between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM.

Please check the article linked in my original post.

1. I MEANT to type Sunday.

2. I would love to look at the link if this would let me open it

<modsnip>

Regular poster here (and fighting with the mod side of me!): We have never seen a thing anywhere that says they didn't worry. We actually haven't seen anything that says they didn't look themselves earlier. We know they waited to call the police but what we have seen is that he didn't worry until the first check-in window passed (2-4 hours or between 9-11am).

I have spent a lot of time looking and I can't find anyone saying there was a person or persons looking for her earlier. Would it be inappropriate to assume the first searches are the first reported searches...which were done by LE? Should we just not go there?

Ah, thanks for that. I thought there was confusion over what the parents did or didn't say about being worried. So yes, hypothetically it would make no sense whatsoever for them to be worried by 11 am yet not bother to search for Jenise, let alone wait until 10:45 pm to call police. Got it (I hope). :)

Exactly! The media might not have given us any direct quotes but they have provided enough to theorize that 1) they missed her early and canvassed the neighborhood but didn't act on the info gleaned from the searchers or 2) nobody noticed her missing until 8ish and LE was called at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry. I am so confused at this point. Did the parent/community search for J BEFORE she was listed as missing to the police? I am not excusing/blaming anyone, but from what we know so far, she was gone for 24 hours or more before she was reported missing. Even IF the parents searched for her before that, why wait that long to report a 6 year old missing. Again, no blame. To be honest, it shouldn't even be an issue IMO. J was murdered. If it wasn't her, it would have been another young girl. He killed, raped, concealed and lied about J's death. Why are we still arguing?

I'm sorry. I am so confused at this point. Did the parent/community search for J BEFORE she was listed as missing to the police? I am not excusing/blaming anyone, but from what we know so far, she was gone for 24 hours or more before she was reported missing. Even IF the parents searched for her before that, why wait that long to report a 6 year old missing. Again, no blame. To be honest, it shouldn't even be an issue IMO. J was murdered. If it wasn't her, it would have been another young girl. He killed, raped, concealed and lied about J's death. Why are we still arguing?

I don't know if they did before, or not. I don't see that anyone is arguing.

For reference, I was asking (not that I think your post was directed at me, or anyone else personally) because I was attempting to create a timeline. And I think everyone here is trying to figure out a murky timeline, that's all.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by borndem

Yes, indeed. I am also thinking of GG's siblings who are/will be going back to school... They will have to face folks, too. Everywhere they go, whether it's a new school (due to moving) or not. That's gonna be tuff for them, too.

The sibs are adults and live far far away. I doubt if many or any people know anything about it

Oops -- I thought there were/was a sister or brother still in the home and still a student -- I did not realize GG was the only one still in high school, etc. -- Thanks for the correction. Sometimes I'm oblivious...(!)

I'll look for a link to it, but I do remember reading that they had noticed she was missing earlier. If I remember correctly, JW asked where she was at lunch, and nobody knew. He told the sister to go find her. When she wasn't there at dinner time, he asked where she was and they still didn't know. He asked where she was at lunch time, and the girl said she didn't know because she never found her. I don't remember if they eat that late or why they weren't searching earlier. Until I find the link, I guess you can consider this a theory of mine...

I don't know if they did before, or not. I don't see that anyone is arguing.

For reference, I was asking (not that I think your post was directed at me, or anyone else personally) because I was attempting to create a timeline. And I think everyone here is trying to figure out a murky timeline, that's all.

My post wasn't directed at any one directly. I just think the lack of information we are getting right now is making people speculate to the point of confusing those that haven't been on these threads since day one. Speculation is one thing, but some people seem to be posting things as facts and confusing the truth of the matter. We just don't know all the information yet. Fact, little girl died horribly. Fact, GG (most likely) raped, killed her, and concealed her body.

Her family (I am sure) loved her, but (maybe) didn't focus on her like they should have, like most of us would have, with a 6 year old.

Truth is, the lack of information is making most of us, me included, a bit wonky. I want to know more! I can't imagine not knowing where my 6 year old is for 30 minutes, much less 2 hours, God forbid 12 hours. I would be in a frenzy after 15 minutes!

It doesn't negate the fact this boy did the end damage. JMO

I found the quote I was looking for, checked about a zillion MSM articles and it was in the Probable Cause doc (page one of the thread):

"It is not unusual for JPW to play outside with friends for extended periods of time, and normally JPW checks in with familiy every 2-4 hours...James did not become concerned until JPW didn't check in with family within the usual time frame."

I haven't seen that they were looking early but it continues to bother me that people say they weren't worried all day. Now if she was seen at 4pm and we definitely have MSM and the probably cause doc stating she was being searched for at 830, that narrows it to 4.5 hours, not the original two days then well over 24 hours as we see often.

I have spent a lot of time looking and I can't find anyone saying there was a person or persons looking for her earlier. Would it be inappropriate to assume the first searches are the first reported searches...which were done by LE? Should we just not go there?

Sorry, missed this. The Probable Cause doc states the family was looking by 2030 and the police were dispatched at 2153. Strangely, they didn't arrive per the court doc until 2234.

This quote appears to make it quite clear that her parents _did not_ begin searching for her until well into the evening. They called the police at 9:55 p.m., after searching for Jenise starting at about 8:55 p.m., or almost 24 hours after they had last laid eyes on her. This even though they usually expected her to check in every few hours (smh, just smh):

"Jenise was last seen by her parents in her bed around 10 p.m. Aug. 2. Her parents, after scouring the mobile home park for more than an hour the following night, called authorities at 9:55 p.m. They hadn&#8217;t seen the girl all day Aug. 3, but told authorities it was not uncommon for her to wander the neighborhood and check in every few hours."

Personally, I am grateful that nothing happened to Jenise's siblings, as one report had them being sent around to knock on neighbors' doors.

Here's the link: http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/270233541.html

JMO, IMO, etc.

Regular poster here (and fighting with the mod side of me!): We have never seen a thing anywhere that says they didn't worry. We actually haven't seen anything that says they didn't look themselves earlier. We know they waited to call the police but what we have seen is that he didn't worry until the first check-in window passed (2-4 hours or between 9-11am).

Respectfully, I believe we have seen at least one MSM article that indicates they did not start searching until well past any "check-in window." I have posted one such link below, but I believe I have a few others saved as well.

JMO, IMO.

I found the quote I was looking for, checked about a zillion MSM articles and it was in the Probable Cause doc (page one of the thread):

"It is not unusual for JPW to play outside with friends for extended periods of time, and normally JPW checks in with familiy every 2-4 hours...James did not become concerned until JPW didn't check in with family within the usual time frame."

I haven't seen that they were looking early but it continues to bother me that people say they weren't worried all day. Now if she was seen at 4pm and we definitely have MSM and the probably cause doc stating she was being searched for at 830, that narrows it to 4.5 hours, not the original two days then well over 24 hours as we see often.

But was it actually 24 hours (thereabout) that the family didn't see her? The 4:00 sighting was not by family correct? (I'm still trying to figure out timeline...not asking to insinuate anything.)

As far as I know it was 24 hours the family didn't see her. :twocents:

I know. I feel that way about many of these cases. I harbor secret disappointment when a perp enters a guilty plea. I hate that I feel that way but I am so daggum nosy, and I really WANT to know how the criminal mind works, what it is capable of.

That said, it isn't about me, but about justice and closure for the victim's family and of course what is prudent for taxpayers.

I guess HERE is the only place I feel like I can share my true, selfish feelings. :shame:

bbm

Same here! I certainly don't want the victim's family -- or the defendant's -- to have to sit and agonize through the autopsy, see the crime scene pics, to see each other on the other side of the aisle for weeks, or just to see some courtroom drama.

I want to hear the psych testimony (if any), the M.E. testimony (how the victim died and how the M.E. figured it out), the investigator's theory/proof of how it happened, and WHY things did happen. To learn something -- but it is selfish because these are real people who are the gutz of the case. Each case teaches us something.

I think this case is custom-made for some type of plea/deal, but I hope it won't be at the expense of the victim or her family. I don't like deals when the victim is a child. No mercy, no mercy. But we are in a real world & everything has such a cost.

Real life can be very difficult.
icon9.png

http://www.bremertonpatriot.com/news/270233541.html

bbm

"Neighbors" .. plural, lends validity to a degree. Jenise was last seen August 3, *Sunday*.

This raises questions:

1) Was Jenise in her house / bed Saturday 10:00 PM? Assumed "Yes", as per father's report.
2) When did Jenise leave her house? Assumed between Saturday 10:00 PM and Sunday 7:00 AM. Most likely Sunday early morning.
3) Who was with Jenise Sunday before 12:00 PM?
4) Who was with Jenise Sunday between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM?
5) Who was with Jenise Sunday after 4:00 PM?
6) What time Sunday did Jenise initially encounter GG?

Given a reported last sighting time of 4:00 PM, we might assume time available to commit the crime probably 3 to 5 hours.

Just a reminder, as we've discussed this rather extensively earlier, later reports tended to not include the supposed citing on Sunday, with some people speculating that Jenise's presence was so ubiquitous in the Mobile Home Park that people got confused as to the day. Information gathered after the initial report usually indicated that:

BBM

Jenise was last seen alive when she went to bed Saturday night. Her parents waited a day before calling for help because they say the girl had wandered around the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park on her own in the past. She was outgoing and unafraid to talk to anyone, family said.

Here's the link: http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bremerton/jenise-wright-investigation-Friday-270503131.html

JMO, IMO, etc.

In my opinion, the vast majority of reports in MSM seem to indicate that the last time Jenise's parents saw her alive was approximately 23 hours before they began searching. (Please see above links.)

Simply put:

1) They report seeing her in bed, at 10 p.m. on August 2nd.

2) At approximately 8:55 p.m. on August 3rd, or 22 hours and 55 minutes after last seeing their daughter, they began "scouring the mobile home park."*

3) At approximately 9:55 p.m., they called the authorities. So, five minutes short of 24 hours.

*From the probable cause statement, it does appear that the parents sent the siblings (8 and 12 y.o.) out a little earlier -- at about 8:30 p.m. -- to knock on doors and try to find their sister.

That is what has been reported pretty consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06