Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! Poor Jessica! LE had the opportunity to save her. One little finger poking out of the garbage sack he had placed her in. LE blamed the grandparents and father in the beginning.... That was so sad when she was found so close. Jessica's law is in place in about 38 states I believe. It's a good law and every state should have it or a similar one.

Exactly! I wonder where Mark Lunsford is today, these days rather, poor man. I haven't seen him on TV in a long time. I believe his name was mentioned on Nancy Grace last night, in reference to little Jessica. So heartbreaking she was in that man's house in the closet when police came knocking. It's so sad, but law enforcement has learned so much since social media has blown up following these sad cases.

Not to be argumentative, but I've known a few homeless folks.

Home ownership has nothing to do with being a violent criminal who preys on children. Most would give you the shirt off their own back if they thought you needed it.

Thank you for this post!

The circled area, I believe, is accurate. The area I have marked is in reference to where the LE vehicles are located in the picture posted, I believe. Can a local verify and ALS indicate, based on my map, where the homeless camp is?

Exactly! I wonder where Mark Lunsford is today, these days rather, poor man. I haven't seen him on TV in a long time. I believe his name was mentioned on Nancy Grace last night, in reference to little Jessica. So heartbreaking she was in that man's house in the closet when police came knocking. It's so sad, but law enforcement has learned so much since social media has blown up following these sad cases.

Yes. That man is an angel. :(

Is there anyone who can explain why these cases always seem to happen in trailer parks or apartment complexes? Or am I the only one who sees it that way? What is going on? :(

Lots of people in small spaces, a false sense of community and safety based on the confined nature of trailer parks and apartment buildings . o O(how much trouble can they get into if they can't leave the build/block/complex?) , more transient lifestyles, and many other factors

I agree to a point...as much as these "unfit" parents may provide the situation/ accessibility for a predator to abuse and take the precious life of a child we must be careful to take no blame away from those that abuse and prey on children.
MOO

RIP Innocent Ones

No, when it comes to an individual case, I personally don't subtract blame from the predator/murderer. But I do feel angry (and sad for the child) when a child's first defense system--their primary caregiver--fails the child.

I believe that each should be held responsible for their own actions; for example, for Cherish Perrywinkle's killer: kidnapping/rape/murder. For her mother: 3 counts of child endangerment.

Those woods would have been checked thoroughly since they first started searching at 1:30 am Monday. I don't understand why they didn't find her until now. Unless someone dumped her there recently knowing the area had already been searched.

Actually though, when I attended the press conference on Tuesday - they said they were also searching in a grid pattern north and south of the park. It wasn't until yesterday I think that they said they were expanding east/west. That makes no sense. The woods should have been checked immediately after the initial check of the park.

Still hearing helicopters. Must be news.

It looks like a heavily wooded area, lots of brush and bushes to conceal a small child. :( The searchers could have been over the exact area and still not found her the first time.

Reminds me of Elizabeth Olten, who disappeared walking home from a friends house less than 1/4 mile away. The woods were searched repeatedly before she was eventually found.

We had been in that area actually more than once. The body was very well concealed," Cole County Sheriff Greg White told the press.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/alyssa_bustamante/4.html

I have not really followed this case, so I don't know all the ins and outs but seeing the news today, and reading the last pages here at WS since the announcement, looking at the map provided, and doing a google street view I have come to the conclusion that if I were doing the investigation now, I would secure the public storage place at the corner of Old Military Highway and Waaga Way. I would get tapes of all the people and vehicles coming and going since the last time she was seen. I would get a list of all the people who rent storage spaces there and see if anyone lives in the trailer park. That's what I would do at this point given the little info that has been released.

Someone could have snatched her off the street in the park, taken her to their storage location, etc., and dumped her nearby when they thought the heat was off.

No, when it comes to an individual case, I personally don't subtract blame from the predator/murderer. But I do feel angry (and sad for the child) when a child's first defense system--their primary caregiver--fails the child.

I believe that each should be held responsible for their own actions; for example, for Cherish Perrywinkle's killer: kidnapping/rape/murder. For her mother: 3 counts of child endangerment.

I totally agree! The primary care givers failed the child and gave an opportunity for some sicko to do his thing. (If it was in fact someone outside of the immediate family)

One would think. But remember John Couey's home was searched and Jessica Lunsford was there all along.
No. It was not searched, though LE paid a visit and was granted permission to search. I happen to remember that well because I followed Jessie's case by the minute. Here are links.

pixel.gif

During that time, authorities visited the home but never searched it, Couey said.

"They didn't search," he said in a March interview with detectives that was included in the documents. "They said they searched the house, but they didn't search the house the first time."
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/24/nation/na-girl24

Police had searched the area around the trailer within hours after Jessica was reported missing.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...hn-couey-raped-buried-jessica-lunsford-alive/

[...]

Officer Martin Cannady of the Citrus County I.D. Section testified that on March 14, 2005, he returned to the Dixon trailer and got Dorothy‟s permission to search it. (Vol. 109, T 4877; Vol. 110, T 4975) However, on cross examination, Cannady testified that he was attending a class at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, and did not return to Citrus County until after the class‟s completion on March 28th.

[...]

Acting on Couey‟s statements (the portions of which came after his request for an attorney and hence suppressed), Citrus County sheriffs were able to obtain a search warrant for the Dixon trailer and its surrounding area, and located the site where Couey had told them they could find the victim‟s body, buried beside the steps to the back porch of the Snowbird Court trailer. 7

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/pub_info/summaries/briefs/07/07-1636/Filed_01-28-2009_Couey_Brief.pdf

[url]http://articles.latimes.com/2005/mar/18/nation/na-missing18

[/URL]

Was her body overlooked during other searches?

Don't know, but I wonder if it was the FBI's "specialized dogs" that finally found her?

The FBI is bringing in specialized dogs to search through the woods around Jenise’s home.

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/07/still-...t-for-new-clues-in-6-year-olds-disappearance/

Also bringing this important post by ShadyLady forward for those who haven't seen it yet:

I drove around.

Park is a mostly a mix of retired people, single women, young parents, ex-military and current military. The new search dogs are getting ready to go out again with FBI. They are grouping at fire station.

4-5 police cars seen off 303 by where the homeless camp is behind the community.

FBI are going door to door for DNA samples of everyone in park....everyone co-operating.

Right now the parenting style/choices/ decisions are here nor there. It's done and I'm sure her mother is second guessing and guilting herself into oblivion and does not need any help with that. I also think you can wrap your child in a steel fortress and if a sicko wants at them badly enough , they will come in with a tank and take your baby. So , while we clearly don't all agree with the free range or wandering ways ( which could be exaggerated by the neighbors for all we know) at this exact moment in time a woman has lost her baby . She will never forgive herself if her actions or inactions led to this. I'm going to judge not .

However, if Mom knew that her husband had a thing for abusing young girls, then she should have never allowed him to live with her kids, imo.

I drove around.

Park is a mostly a mix of retired people, single women, young parents, ex-military and current military. The new search dogs are getting ready to go out again with FBI. They are grouping at fire station.

4-5 police cars seen off 303 by where the homeless camp is behind the community.

FBI are going door to door for DNA samples of everyone in park.
...everyone co-operating.

OK so this was going on BEFORE they announced a body was found. I get it now. I think it will be a matter of time until someone is arrested then. JMO

However, if Mom knew that her husband had a thing for abusing young girls, then she should have never allowed him to live with her kids, imo.

I agree with you 100 %

ETA If it turns out that anyone turned a blind eye to abuse in the home, of course, I ' ll retract my statement and lead the cavalry to vilify said individual !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove