Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"we r focused on trying to narrow in on a suspect"

Do they have him figured out or what?

THAT is scary. 4 days and she can't be identified? Was she bludgeoned in the face? Oh no....?
And a criminal investigation..........
They know it's her, obviously. They just can't technically say until the coroner id's her. It's just protocol.

THAT is scary. 4 days and she can't be identified? Was she bludgeoned in the face? Oh no....?
That's what I was thinking! She must be in bad shape if it's taking this long to identify her. [emoji26] Poor baby girl.

Det. Smith, incident commander:

Update: re: Recovery efforts of the body. Evidence response team continuing to prcess location and gather evidence. Coroner will make positive id and determine manner of death, anticipated tomorrow. Autopsy scheduled for tomorrow. No times given.

Success in investigation due to 360+ personnel and several agencies, resources. Specialty units from FBI. Covered 200+ leads, working on leads coming in. Several tips through 1-800 number, asking people to continue to call with tips. Number 1 focus was to bring Jenise home, "we are going to do that now."

Montoya: special note of appreciation to K-9 units, "instrumental in locating body of Jenise today," well-orchstrated activities these past few days...resulted in the recovery of a body of a young girl...still much work to do. Our plan is to be here until we complete that work.

PA officer:
Q&A - "Understand a lot of details...I will not be able to go there"
Body found by evidence research team, with K-9

THIS IS GOING TO BE A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT...SHE DID NOT CRAWL OFF INTO SOME BUSHES AND DIE

body found in "immediate proximity to mobile home park"

"focusing on trying to narrow in on a suspect" "not ruling out anything"

...trying to assist family in getting services they need
...to be determined, if she died there or elsewhere

Only slightly OT but part of the reason you're hearing laughing and casual banter prior to such a devastating announcement is because most cops (of all stripes, local, state, federal) have learned how to turn off the painful, traumatic stuff they see ALL the time. They have to, or they'd never be able to do their jobs. MOO from all the cops I've known & am related to.
Agree. We do it here at times as well.

OH yeah, they sound like they're sure its' someone from within the trailer court.

Had the area previously searched. Yes, he thinks so, but not certain

Don't know if she died where she was found

And,,,,,,,,,,, it's over

Jmo this isn't an award ceremony...too many I'd like to thank and no info!

It's a tightrope act of keeping people feeling appreciated until the job is done, IMO. None of those people likely enjoy doing their jobs, so a pat on the back is probably encouraging.

I think the camera's on/off switch is stuck.

No, I think by positive ID, they just mean a confirmed formal ID done with dental records, etc. They aren't starting the autopsy until tomorrow, so they can't formally ID her until then.

That's what I was thinking! She must be in bad shape if it's taking this long to identify her. [emoji26] Poor baby girl.

Also , his expression when he said there's no doubt this is a criminal investigation. No doubt it's not accidental.

" It IS a criminal investigation. She did not walk herself into the woods and fall into the brush and die."

[ paraphrased his statement.]

Useless.

As Colonel Shultz would say......... "I know NOTHING.....NOTHING !! "

4 days and no description to go off of what she was wearing. They're telling you it's her but need verification to cover their backs.

He specifically stated formal identification in the presser. That's just standard procedure. I honestly don't think she was disfigured

Well that was depressing.

I recorded it. My screencasting software wouldn't work, so had to get creative. Will upload it later.

Looks like she was murdered. I wonder who did it?

" It IS a criminal investigation. She did not walk herself into the woods and fall into the brush and die."

[ paraphrased his statement.]

He also said they aren't ruling out that it was accidental...............these guys............really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay