Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank goodness for the FBI K-9's....amazing what those dogs can do especially in such terrible conditions...she may have never been found even so close to home

Officer_activity_bremerton7.jpg

Law enforcement gathered near an entrance to a wooded area bordering the mobile home park.

So does this mean she was taken out of the house and to the location they found her body?

Marking my spot here. It's been a hard day for me and Blondie cat, so we will go off to the couch to watch the shows. Thanks to everyone who provided links to the presser and news articles. Thanks for your many diverse opinions that often make me think things out on a deeper level than my mind wants to go. Thanks to everyone as we go off to pray for a little child who never had a chance in this world. So Sad.

:cat: :eek:fftobed:

I'm sure they'll know in which order to start testing so as not to waste tax payers' money.....

They can take everyone's DNA and ignore the ones they aren't concerned with for sure.

Per KOMO 4 news cast, reporter said police told parents first and parents had a "reasonable response"

Well, this will probably sound weird, but Good Job to the K9 or K9s who found her, and the trainer(s) and handlers, of course. Jenise can rest in peace now, and hopefully justice will be done due to your good work.

They know it's her, obviously. They just can't technically say until the coroner id's her. It's just protocol.

But wouldn't the family be brought in to identify her ASAP, just from a visual? I'm not up on protocol for the ME's office, but doesn't the coroner step in when they need dental records to make the identification?

I transcribed the press conference in realtime. Here is the Q&A portion at the end -- well, it's actually just the A's because the reporters weren't mic'd so I couldn't hear the actual questions. (Pardon any typos; I didn't proofread it. I wanted to get it out to you guys as quickly as possible). I'll post the first part in a minute ...

A. Folks, I can take a handful of questions here. Understand, a lot of details we start getting down literally into the weeds I'm not going to be able to go there, but I'll try to answer the questions to the best of my ability with the information I have available.
A. It was found with the evidence research team from the FBI, and they had K-9 assistance, yes.
Q. Do you suspect foul play is now involved in the investigation?
A. This is going to be a criminal investigation, there's no doubt about that. Cause and manner of death, we're going to wait for the autopsy results from the coroner's office to determine exactly what kind of death this is going to be, but we suspect that she did just not go off by herself and fall into some bushes and die.
A. I'm no not going to get into specifics, Adam, concerning the square footage or the distance from her house, but it was the immediate proximity of steering Steele Creek Mobile Home Park in a wooded area.
A. We're focusing on that and we're heading in that direction. So far we don't have anybody specifically identified that we can provide a name.
Q. Was she a wearing the T-shirt and jeans that was in the possible sighting?
A. Can't answer that. I don't have that information.
A. We are focusing on trying to narrow in on a suspect.
Q. Are we ruling out an accident?
A. Not ruling out anything, but it's a criminal investigation; there's no doubt about that.
A. I don't have that information specifically on their status. I do know that the family, we've gone through the formal notification process with the family and we're trying to assist them in getting the appropriate grief-counseling services set up.
A. That's why we searched again and again and again, because sometimes it could be that microscopic piece of evidence or that scent that the dog didn't pick up the first team, another team may go in there and find again.
A. I believe we did. Let me research that and get back to you, Adam, on the specific track trail of any K-9s.
A. To be determined, Keith. Don't know that answer.
A. Through developments -- the home? I'm talking about the crime scene or the site where she was found.
A. Yes, we do. Part of the investigative process when we have a situation like this is to go back into the village, or the mobile home park in this case, and start resurfacing or recanvassing what we need to do to find somebody who may be responsible for this. That's the best way I can put it to you without getting into details that could possibly compromise our situation.

Where she was found is full of thorns! Devil's Club and black berry bushes? Are there snakes around black berry bushes in WA? There are in GA!!
I'll spare you, but it looks like devil's club causes a nasty rash as well... At least I saw a hiking forum that called it the gift that keeps on giving... SO who has a nasty rash??? (It didn't sound like everyone gets a rash must be like poison ivy, not everyone is sensitive)

No venomous snakes in Western WA :) Possibly nettles in the woods, though, but those just sting for awhile.

Somebody hopefully has some scratches too from where Jenise was found.

Sounds like they are going to have a fast arrest. Just so sad a cute kid like Jenise was taken way to soon. smdh

Leave the kids alone jerks!

My amateur self thinks it's narrowed down to dad....or male teenage friend. Just a hunch...

No venomous snakes in Western WA :) Possibly nettles in the woods, though, but those just sting for awhile.

Blackberry bushes equal scratches. Wonder if anyone has some?

They can take everyone's DNA and ignore the ones they aren't concerned with for sure.

Great point. They're not going to process all of them. They'll probably keep them all just in case but I'm sure grannies and children and females ( depending on the crime scene ) will not be used. They may not even actually TAKE everyone's dna but want to gauge how people respond to giving the sample and who is willing and have everyone believe they are taking everyone else's so that the guilty party doesn't feel singled out.

Just looking at her beautiful smile and sparkling eyes causes so much pain to know there were tears and fear in them before she died. She just looks so full of life and happy in all the pictures I've seen!
15563222-mmmain.jpg

NG: someone saying that Jenise was in a Burger King on Saturday night at 10 pm.

Jenise is 3 days younger than NG kids... It can't be easy reporting on a child so close in age! Not that it ever is, but man 3 days!

All posts are MOO

She was probably strangled manually, but due to the bloating and decomposition, it may not be all that obvious.

Rest in Peace Jenice. Fly high with the angels sweet girl.

I don't suspect parents but someone in the mobile home community. I don't think the parents even realized that letting their child wander around and not hearing from them for a day at a time was a big deal, I would imagine a guilty parent would try and and show themselves in a positive light.

it would not surprise me at all to find out she was wearing the exact same thing she had on Saturday night, the last time anyone *actually* remembers seeing her.
They just showed on the same link for the live presser a timeline that indicated she was "seen" at 2:00 and 4:00 on Sunday......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official