Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria Guerrero ‏@MariaKIRO7 34m
Kitsap County Sheriff's Office spokesperson just texted me saying media briefing on #JeniseWright search will be between 10 & 11am.

https://twitter.com/MariaKIRO7

They've been doing one daily, right? So this is not an 'unplanned' briefing? IDK why, but it makes me a little queasy :(

I think I agree with you . I'd really like to know how SOLID the sightings of her on Sunday are. If they are guesses or approximate or ' i think i saw her', then really this baby could have been long gone well before sunup on Sunday and that is a nightmare. :(

ETA Someone's post mentioned a ' friend' sighting and that is concerning too and I had not thought of it . If one of her little 6 or 8 yr old friends says ' I know I saw her when we had lunch'.... does LE count this as a' sighting' or would it only be a sighting if an adult who could verify times and what they were doing, etc. be a sighting? Does anyone know what kind of weight LE puts on a young child witnesses word in a case like this?
That's what worries me. We really don't have a solid timeline. The only thing I have read is that neighbour(s) reported seeing her Sunday aft. between noon and 4 p.m. A friend stated she didn't see her all day Sunday. I'm sure all the kids have been questioned as to whether Jenise was seen Sunday. Now I am only assuming Neighbours means adults. As I have previously posted the eye witness acct. for Sunday could be mistaken. IMO.

From all I've read it has not been confirmed at all that anyone saw her Sunday. Some have said they thought they did but no one's come right out and said "yes, I saw her about 2pm on Sunday afternoon" or anything like that. Honestly I don't think anyone did see her on Sunday, which tells me she's been gone a lot longer than previously suspected.

IIRC it was in an LE presser where LE said neighbors had seen her between 12 and 4 Sunday.

IMO bc im useless finding links but was in upthread. I remember it specifically because i wondered why people were essentially calling LE liars

I was thinking over this whole transient offender thing, and it dawned on me that many of these people have cars. If they are living out of their vehicle, it would be awesome if they were required to report the identification info about the vehicle. It would be much easier to spot the creepers and check out potential creepers if this information was available. Actually, it would be awesome if they all had to report their license plate numbers, transient or not. Knowing their home address doesn't do very much if they are using their car to scope out and/or carry victims away. (I have seen some nasties that I would have loved to look up. You know, the yuck yucks that are cruising around too slowly, and if you happen to make eye contact with them you get a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach )

The height thing isn't bugging me because there are clear pictures of J. on the posters. People will remember that adorable face and recognize it without saying, "Nope, can't be her because the child I saw was 42in, not 36in. Looks just like her, but wrong height so it must not be her."

In our community the children of the reservation can be seen day and night outside playing with little supervision. IMOO this is the typical parenting style seen there. ( this is not a slight on those parents, the neighborhood is very safe and a similar layout as seen in Jenise's mobile home park). We are native, so again, this is not a slight - just an observation. Many rez folk are related to one another and children will go from one house to the next; one yard to the next; it is not seen as any big deal.

I was not this laid back with my children, nor were my husband's parents. We came in (at very least) at lunch and dinner and by 9 pm for bed. As I discussed it with him, we agreed that these were pretty much our only "rules."
FWIW

I wonder if this type of parenting was mutual among the parents in her community. We hear LE say Jenise ate her meals at other houses, but I want to know if Jenise's parents were feeding the neighborhood kids too. Nobody said anything about this being the standard and acceptable way things were done here, just that Jenise ate at other houses.

I assume, and forgive me if I'm wrong, that in your tribal community, if kids are getting snacks or drinks and playing at one house or another, once the kids make their way back to your house they would be treated the same way? Like a give and take. They all get snacks at everyone's house and all the parents look out for all the kids.

Was looking at some facebook pages and seeing some pictures makes me a little uneasy about dad.
Just saying.
I pray they find this little girl safe and sound!

I don't have Facebook...can you elaborate a little?
Thanks!

I feel uneasy about the parents, but because of their free reign parenting.
I remember as kids we were allowed to "roam" the neighbourhood as long as we asked our parents. End of story. We did not have an open door policy. However when we were around our cousins (there's 13 of us)we would come and go as we pleased, but we all stayed together.
I find it odd that this child didn't get breakfast at home, but that is just me. The first thing my boys ask is for food when they get up. If Jenise did infact wake up in the night and wondered out, is this her first time? This is more frightening for me than anything else.
Oh and being summer my 3 year old at times goes to bed at 11 pm. It's summer and bedtime are thrown out the window if they are not going to camp/daycare, i believe.
I still think this child is not with us anymore. It breaks my heart to say this. I don't know. It's just a feeling I get. I sure hope I am wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

I saw many references to "free range" in the last thread. I have to admit I've never seen that phrase used in reference to parenting or a child.

Chickens, eggs, beef. That applies, but not to children. I think we would all agree there is a balance in parenting, a middle ground between Helicopter & Free Range. Common sense always helps too.

I haven't looked at maps of the area closely. It this a one way in/out type of thing? Where is the closest camera that would catch vehicles passing by?

I first heard this term with the Allana Gallagher case. It is a parenting style 'movement' and people in this movement refer to themselves as free range:

http://www.freerangekids.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_parenting

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/free-range-parenting

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/free-range-parenting

I do agree there is a balance, and I feel most parents, at least in my community, are balanced. Parents of the three to six year olds are out in their driveways watching their children play. 7,8, and 9 year olds are seen playing w/o constant supervision. 12-15 year olds are seen walking around the community, going to the pool, the park, the store. Most balanced parenting styles include allowing incremental steps toward independence having to do with the child's age, maturity level, the community surroundings, and their own gut feeling/comfort level. And, the child's comfort level.

That being said, I think most of us can agree that not clapping eyes on your six year-old for 22 hours on any given day, assuming they are fed when they miss lunch, assuming they are not hurt, getting into anything they shouldn't, under the umbrella excuse of "someone" in the community must be watching them, is not parenting at all. It's neglect.

I think what these parents practiced is much closer to the "unparenting" movement than free range.

I can't help think a little about the little girl (C, I think? CC actually, I believe) in Childers, Australia recently. She was maybe 3-4?

Shared a room with her sister, but was sleeping in another part of the house the night she went missing, and there was all sorts of stuff that looked way iffy.

There were all sorts of thoughts through most of it about it being tied to someone trying to scare or get back at family members because of some lifestyle choices and...yeah...it was strange.

She "wandered back" basically 2 days later. Once her name stopped being used it got harder to follow updates.

But here's one (doesn't use her name) about the man now in custody. He basically said he did it because he felt sorry for how she had to live. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-accused-man-faces-court-20140416-36qu4.html

I wonder if there's anyone who might feel entitled to "teach someone a lesson" in this case?

I don't have Facebook...can you elaborate a little?
Thanks!
His picture just rubs me the wrong way. You shouldn't base something off of a picture and the way a person looks but when you have a gut feeling after seeing the face. He just makes me feel uneasy.

Eating all the time at other people's home gives me lots more questions than answers. I think most kids like what the other family is having better than their own. My mom bought no junk food, ever and I mean ever. We had one cereal, Raisin Bran. So if one of my friends' had Trix for cereal , I might eat 3 bowls even though I was well fed at home. KWIM So was she eating with others because she was not eating at home because there was no food at home or no one preparing meals at home ? Or was she eating at others because they had yummy food that she didnt' get a lot ? Or was she eating at others because she was a kid on the move all the time and was always ' hungry' but never unfed or malnourished? It's a statement that seems like ' oh no poor hungry baby' on its surface but I can think of many other scenarios where she would eat with other families because of other reasons. A healthy kid with a healthy appetite would rarely turn down a good snack or lunch from someone else. Remeber the old stove top stuffing commercial where the boy calls his mom and asks what's for dinner and then decides he'd rather eat at his friend's house because they are having stove top ? That kid wasn't starving, just wanted something different !

This is troublesome to me. Teenagers don't typically hang out with 6 yr olds. In my opinion, I feel that there's been a rise in crime by youthful offenders. I'm not saying Mary is involved but it should really be investigated.

This is just some idle speculation based on that thought here - maybe the older kids got tired of having her around them and one put her somewhere to "shut her up and leave them alone"? Not meaning to hurt her, but just aggravated with her.

I'm so scared that they are not going to find her, like the Haleigh Cummings case. :(

I can't help think a little about the little girl (C, I think? CC actually, I believe) in Childers, Australia recently. She was maybe 3-4?

Shared a room with her sister, but was sleeping in another part of the house the night she went missing, and there was all sorts of stuff that looked way iffy.

There were all sorts of thoughts through most of it about it being tied to someone trying to scare or get back at family members because of some lifestyle choices and...yeah...it was strange.

She "wandered back" basically 2 days later. Once her name stopped being used it got harder to follow updates.

But here's one (doesn't use her name) about the man now in custody. He basically said he did it because he felt sorry for how she had to live. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-accused-man-faces-court-20140416-36qu4.html

I wonder if there's anyone who might feel entitled to "teach someone a lesson" in this case?

No disrespect intended but they removed her name from everything and started referring to her by initials so that indicates she was a victim of sex crimes and I'm sure pedophiles will use any term to explain away their action instead of just saying ' because i'm a sick *advertiser censored** , that's why '. I don't think teaching someone a lesson is molesting their child. I think that was just his justification and hopes that it would make him look like less of a sicko.

However, in this case, I would LOVE for the outcome to be that some one with a kind heart and good intentions and no ill will has taken her home and bathed her and fed her and doesn't know she's missing yet and just thought she needed a little attention in a grandmotherly way. Boy,,,,,, what a wonderful daydream :)

Tom Cruise and Will & Jada Smith have gave a number of interviews about unparenting. They treat their children as small adults and as long as they can explain why what they are doing is right for them then it is fine. The website associated with the former Mothering magazine has a large number of unparenting and unschooling devotees. Like any movement, fringe groups often latch on and use it as a cover for abuse. In this case it became the rally cry for lazy parents and has created communities of neglected children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman