Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPS won't take children because they share a room. They also can not take children because the home has no running water or electricity - those are "lifestyle choices". I'm not saying either of those things pertain to this case, I'm just pointing out from personal experience with a family acquaintance that for CPS in Washington to remove a child they have to have bigger reasons.

Foster care homes have to follow strict guidelines about how many square feet per child in bedrooms, rooms must have doors and windows, etc...regular homes have no such guidelines.

Here is a interesting guide for caseworkers, although its 2003 the basics would be the same. CPS should have been called for Jenise. Jmo

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/cps/

ciao

I don't believe she went to bed Saturday night, but other posters had thought of the possibility of her being snatched from her bed, I don't really think that is possible, especially not if she was sharing a room with 2 siblings.

I always try to keep an open mind with these cases. Unfortunately "never say never" always applies, as we have had cases in the past where children have been taken from their rooms while other children are also in the room.

BBM WOW! Something to think about. Say a sibling or babysitter was watching her and lost track of time or she did not come back saturday night and that young person lied to cover their own butt and said ' yes she was home, i put her to bed at 10' ..... :( That would be super sad for that young person if so. ** speculative**

Th last person that was with J said she hung out with her all day Friday and Saturday, doesn't sound like she was supposed to be babysitting, but also what does "all day" mean until 7,8 or 9PM? or until she went to bed? Nothing is really clear about the timeline before she went missing.

They had everything to do with this. Even if it turns out that the parents didn't physically murder her, they didn't see their SIX YEAR OLD for 24 hours before saying, "Gee! I wonder where she is!?"

That is unacceptable in any community.

Thank you! I am about to bust!

I feel the same. I do not believe she came home Saturday night. In that case it would mean the parents may not have seen her for 24+ hours. Not good.

All posts are MOO

Must remember that Elizabeth Smart was taken from her bed with her Sister sleeping in the same room. Not impossible but I do think in this case more than likely not probable. IMO.

posted by SCHMAE:

We believe neighbors who say she was ' always running around barefoot and hungry'' and we discount their other children saying ' they're great parents''.

I'm going to tend to believe the other parents. Perhaps the other children say they are "great parents" because they were allowed to do as they (the children) wished. I know my kids thought I was a "mean" mom because I wouldn't let them roam the neighborhood and play in drainage ditches like "all the other kids" were allowed to do.

Mel
That and families tend to present a united front when they feel attacked. The old "I can criticize my family, but you'd better not" comes into play, IMO. So the older children may feel constrained to defend parents as a matter of loyalty. I could be way off base, of course.

Hope they are able to confirm the absence/whereabouts of the older sibling/stepbrother (?) said to be sleeping away from the home Saturday night ~
I understood that he was in another county. This is a blended family so perhaps he was with the other parent?

It was reported that the family said she was in bed at 10 Saturday night, not that a sitter said it so IMO it had to be parents or siblings that reported her in the bed.
I still find it odd that she wasn't running with the 8 and 12 yr old.

All posts are MOO

Well, if she went to bed with them than either she was taken out in the night without waking the other children or she left on her own in the morning without waking them. Sound sleepers, maybe. Sharing a room with so many other siblings probably leads to being a sound sleeper or tuning out little noises that go on while you're sleeping.

Was the presser held about the same time as Jerise's poor little body was found? TIA.

Did someone mention very early on that Dad is retired? I thought a poster here might have mentioned that, no idea if that is correct. Mom has some work info listed on her FB.

Re bedrooms: I don't know anything about Jenise's parents' finances or the area they live in. Where I live, there is a lot of poverty. Many children, even of opposite sex, share bedrooms because their parents cannot afford a larger home. CPS would not remove a child for that reason-- as poverty and small living quarters are the norm. Now if there was a history of sexual misconduct between the siblings or something, I'm sure it would be an issue. In Jenise's case, I think it is irrelevant.

I thought I'd read he was retired military. Not retired from all work, ever. But of course I can't find a link...

Was the presser held about the same time as Jerise's poor little body was found? TIA.

She is reported to have been found at around 11:30am, there were 2 pressers no? At 10 am and again at 4:30 pm.

I think I read that she was found about 11 , but I heard one news lady say on the live feed ' early this morning'. So I'm not sure. They had the early presser and then several hours later a more extensive presser I think 6 pm local time.

I assume they held the morning presser b/c they knew they would be retrieving a body and wanted privacy. They may have released that she was found at 1130 but at the presser they said dogs were going in as were they with a specific purpose. Brilliant LE strategy IMO.

Must remember that Elizabeth Smart was taken from her bed with her Sister sleeping in the same room. Not impossible but I do think in this case more than likely not probable. IMO.

I realize it can happen, but Elizabeth's sister knew she had been taken and was awake and raised the alarm immediately by running into her parents room.

I think I read that she was found about 11 , but I heard one news lady say on the live feed ' early this morning'. So I'm not sure. They had the early presser and then several hours later a more extensive presser I think 6 pm local time.

No the 2nd one was 4:30 pm local, it was 12:30 am for me and I was on my ipad, remember?

She is reported to have been found at around 11:30am, there were 2 pressers no? At 10 am and again at 4:30 pm.

Thanks for clarifying. I was confused since I'm 3 hours ahead. DUH! LOL

Kelly O'Connell ‏@kellymoconnell 1m
The Bremerton community is starting the healing process. #jenisewright. #Q13FOX

Buh_LE_CUAAk2wT.jpg

Kelly O'Connell @kellymoconnell · 14m
Growing memorial for Jenise. #Q13FOX

Buh8JZnCUAAPspm.jpg

https://twitter.com/kellymoconnell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online