Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, this makes me absolutely FURIOUS. The only real victim here is JW - such a sweet life extinguished long before her time. [modsnip]. DA FUQ.....:tantrum:

Another beautiful, precious little girl gone at the hands of some of the scum of our society. Why is the murder only 2nd degree, when he kidnapped the girl, raped her, and killed her? Seems like it should be 1st degree murder to me and he should be tried as an adult. I wonder what kind of a family and life the 17 year old came from that would make him want to do something so horrible? We can't take our eyes off our children and grandchildren for a second in our society these days. My own daughter was molested by a church worship leader and girls' soccer coach, the father of her best friend. He molested his own daughter too. He got a felony conviction when we went to court. He pleaded no contest so the girls wouldn't have to testify but the charges were lowered a lot.

So very sorry to hear this. I have no tolerance for child molestors, killers, etc. none.

ITA. I'm so angry right now.

LE should have released his name at the presser. He is an adult. Imo

Does anyone know who the District Attorney is for this area?
The prosecuting attorney for King County is Dan Satterberg. Not sure if that's the same thing. Also unsure whether Bremerton is in King County, come to think of it...

Also, we MUST start teaching boys that they are NOT entitled to girls' bodies.

I think we have very effectively taught this generation of boys this. We can't "educate" people who are psychos and are bent on murdering children. This isn't the case of a boy who honestly believed he was entitled to the body of a child - he hid the crime and attempted to hide the body. By and large, this generation, in my opinion, is more respectful of girls/women than any previous generation in the past.

The prosecuting attorney for King County is Dan Satterberg. Not sure if that's the same thing. Also unsure whether Bremerton is in King County, come to think of it...

Bremerton is in Kitsap County. The prosecutor is Russell Hauge.

lilygator, I agree. ours is14 and we still know where he is every minute. Not an easy way to live but
its necessary. Mine was six in 1959 and I knew even then where he was. Now grt.grandson. same worry.

Without all the details, would it change anyone's mind about the patents blame if you found out the 17 year old took Jenice from her home at 4 in the morning and she was dead before the parents woke up?
It's possible their negligence had nothing to with it.
I realize it's unlikely but go with it.

Not trying to be difficult but wouldn't LE charge him also with kidnapping in that case and/or unlawful confinement?

I believe the timestamp changes based on your timezone. JMOO

Well, it isn't my time zone, it is showing up as her time zone, so I'm not sure about that. Dunno why it would show up as 11pm for someone else though lol.

For those who blame the parents, in my opinion, there are men who are determined to rape and kill a child. They bide their time and wait until they can find one to cull from the herd.

If they can't find one, like in the case of this child who was very available, they snatch one out of the comfort of her bed or porch in broad daylight. Where there's a will, there's a way. If Jenice weren't available, this perp would have waited and waited and if need be, grabbed one who WAS very well-attended. I honestly don't think the numbers of raped and murdered little girls would rise or fall depending on how careful parents supervision is. There are a number of them who will be killed to satisfy a specific number of sickos, and it would just make the sickos work harder - not give up - if children were better supervised. Keeping Jenice supervised wouldn't have saved a life, IMHO - although it would probably have saved her life at the expense of another.

(Keeps trying to remember the name of that adorable little 4 year old who was snatched off her front porch, playing with a 7 year old girl friend, in broad daylight. Summer? Samantha?)

But as parents, we needn't make it easy for the perp. Hmmm?

I'm wondering when the crime occurred. Was it Friday? Saturday? Sunday? I know LE had asked people to call in tips about muddy people/clothing/shoes they saw between August 1st & 3rd.
I don't think Jenise made it to Sunday. If her parents truly saw her in bed at 10pm on Sat. night, & police found no sign of forced entry into her home or any signs that she was taken from her bedroom, how did this happen? I'm assuming the perp would want the cover of night to do his evil deeds, when less people are out & about. So...did someone open the door for the perp because they knew him? Did little Jenise wander out of the trailer alone, at night? (I don't find this very plausible, as most 6yo's I have been around, including my own, would be scared to death to go out alone in the dark.)
Was the 17yo perp free to come and go at will? Were his parents home? Did they wonder where he was? Were they gone, so he had full access to private use of his trailer?
So many questions. :(

I think we have very effectively taught this generation of boys this. We can't "educate" people who are psychos and are bent on murdering children. This isn't the case of a boy who honestly believed he was entitled to the body of a child - he hid the crime and attempted to hide the body. By and large, this generation, in my opinion, is more respectful of girls/women than any previous generation in the past.

I agree. And while I also agree about the hyper-sexualization of children, it's as if people forget that rape has very little to do with sex. It has to do with anger. . .power and anger. We are raising a generation of isolated, depressed, marginalized and ANGRY young men. It makes me sad. Being a boy doesn't automatically make them "bad" but I think that is the message we are sending boys. Something has to change. :(

If they were able to ID him based on his DNA so quickly, I would take it that means he has a record already to have his DNA on file?

RIP Jenise!

Without all the details, would it change anyone's mind about the patents blame if you found out the 17 year old took Jenice from her home at 4 in the morning and she was dead before the parents woke up?
It's possible their negligence had nothing to with it.
I realize it's unlikely but go with it.

It would make a difference I think, at least with me, if she were taken from her bed in her home than taken while out roaming without any supervision. I'm trying so very hard to keep my mouth shut right now because I want to remain on Websleuths.

I'm convinced Jenise's murderer was a ticking time bomb who saw an opportunity and took it. He was going to act out eventually and Jenise happened to be an easy target.

Don't get me wrong, her parents failed her big time, but this kid was going to hurt someone sooner or later – that's what predators do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal