Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - It is one thing to say the parents could have done more, even to be angry about it. Trust me, I am. It isn't what I would do. But it is another to claim they are victimless, and to basically treat them as her murderer (Not to mention, against TOS). I think we can point out their mistake without bashing them.

I wonder how many are actually "shocked"? To me, this is theory #1, the clearly most obvious outcome, when she had been missing for more than 2 days. A young man, in the area, had raped and killed her and dumped her body.

Very similar to the TX case. Both girls were allowed to roam free. Both ended up dead and dumped close to the home.

I'm convinced Jenise's murderer was a ticking time bomb who saw an opportunity and took it. He was going to act out eventually and Jenise happened to be an easy target.

Don't get me wrong, her parents failed her big time, but this kid was going to hurt someone sooner or later – that's what predators do.

Most perps look for an easy target.

But as parents, we needn't make it easy for the perp. Hmmm?

Absolutely. BUT in my opinion, in the bigger picture, we can all protect our own but that leaves others at risk. I sincerely don't believe that protecting our babies means fewer children will be murdered. It just shifts the identity of those murdered.

Lay off the parents, now. Remember we are victim friendly, and the parents are considered victims here. Just because they didn't do things the way someone else would have, doesn't mean that they didn't love and care about their daughter.

Take a break if you need too, but leave the parents alone now.

Salem
Yes, I need to take a break. Thanks.

I wonder if his appearance will match the suspect's description in the link I posted upstream re: the attempted abduction in the area (looking for post)---the victim was older, 16 iirc, but as we've seen, these perps sometimes go for younger, smaller weaker victims when they are unsuccessful (for example, ARS)

lilygator, I agree. ours is14 and we still know where he is every minute. Not an easy way to live but
its necessary. Mine was six in 1959 and I knew even then where he was. Now grt.grandson. same worry.
Just curious, at what age is it ok to let them walk to the corner store? I don't think you're wrong, I just wonder when parents think it ok to let their child go. Again, my son is 21 but still lives at home. He has a lot of friends in the next state (about 45 minutes away) but I still get anxious every time he goes there, but I let him go because you have to.

I agree. And while I also agree about the hyper-sexualization of children, it's as if people forget that rape has very little to do with sex. It has to do with anger. . .power and anger. We are raising a generation of isolated, depressed, marginalized and ANGRY young men. It makes me sad. Being a boy doesn't automatically make them "bad" but I think that is the message we are sending boys. Something has to change. :(

Thank you: fact is this is all about power and control

I don't want to suspect every young man because of his genitalia.

What saddens me the most is that I know many lovely young men who do care for their siblings and respect women and girls all the time. This 17 yr old has problems and I am sure his peers are not surprised and are outraged.

Well, it isn't my time zone, it is showing up as her time zone, so I'm not sure about that. Dunno why it would show up as 11pm for someone else though lol.

No not my time zone either and now it says 11:34pm. I'm in Texas on central time.

Thank you: fact is this is all about power and control

I don't want to suspect every young man because of his genitalia.

What saddens me the most is that I know many lovely young men who do care for their siblings and respect women and girls all the time. This 17 yr old has problems and I am sure his peers are not surprised and are outraged.

I disagree with this idea that rape is about power and control that somehow sprouted in the 1970s. If that were true, victims would range from attractive to unattractive, old and young, male or female. The fact is, that rapists prefer a very specific target and it's usually young, attractive and female. It's about sex and violence. It's about having a fetish for violent sex. IMHO.

IMO - It is one thing to say the parents could have done more, even to be angry about it. Trust me, I am. It isn't what I would do. But it is another to claim they are victimless, and to basically treat them as her murderer (Not to mention, against TOS). I think we can point out their mistake without bashing them.

Yeah, actually I agree with you. After digesting this all for a bit, I think putting *any* blame elsewhere lessens the burden the perpetrator must carry. It was/is his fault. All of it. Completely. I'm just going to focus on that and him being brought to justice. Nothing else/noone else matters now except getting this done in the name of JW.

The Supreme Court outlawed the death penalty for any perp under the age of 18. This killer won't get the DP.

Oh, yes. Duh to me! I got so upset while posting about the teenage perp, I neglected to remember the perp is 17 & thus, ineligible for the DP. Too bad. Okay, then I very much hope he gets LWOP. (Yes, I need more sleep, lol.)

I'm so proud of LE & the searchers, the dogs, the detectives, & everyone who played a part in working 24/7 to find Jenise & hunt down her killer. Bravo, ladies & gentlemen. THIS is how every serious crime should be treated.

Just curious, at what age is it ok to let them walk to the corner store? I don't think you're wrong, I just wonder when parents think it ok to let their child go. Again, my son is 21 but still lives at home. He has a lot of friends in the next state (about 45 minutes away) but I still get anxious every time he goes there, but I let him go because you have to.

I let mine walk to the store at 10. At 12 he could go on bike rides in the neighborhood and down to the creek, but not in the creek.

I disagree with this idea that rape is about power and control that somehow sprouted in the 1970s. If that were true, victims would range from attractive to unattractive, old and young, male or female. The fact is, that rapists prefer a very specific target and it's usually young, attractive and female. It's about sex and violence. It's about having a fetish for violent sex. IMHO.

Exactly. I roll my eyes when I hear that rape is about "power and control." Fact is, most rapist/child molesters have a type they go after. Obviously they go after someone they are sexually attracted to.

Actually, rape of the elderly happens quite often. It doesn't usually make the news, although it occasionally does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper