Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
me too.

[modsnip]

I do not know him. Just what people are telling me now. But, W's I had a front seat. Forgiveness....don't think so, I can't get past my own guilt. Let me add, J had TWO parents, so far all the focus has been on father.

If it's true about Jenise's father spouting forgiveness in church, that freaks me out a bit. Isn't it a bit soon for that? We don't even really know what happened and why.

Way too soon IMO. I think that's why I was so shocked.

I haven't got even the slightest clue who this 17 year old monster is. I understand protecting juveniles in the criminal system, but if the DNA fits here, I find it a bit odd they aren't naming him yet. Is it typical to wait for trial dates? This case reminds me so much of little Alanna Gallagher and I remember knowing that perp's identity immediately.

Forgiveness would not be possible to me. I am not religious at all. I would leave it up to the courts, but forgiveness would never factor into any of my feelings or responses. Neither would revenge, for that matter.

BBM
Thank you Clu, this is exactly what I was thinking when I posted my shock at the statement about the father forgiving his daughters killer.

I do not know him. Just what people are telling me now. But, W's I had a front seat. Forgiveness....don't think so, I can't get past my own guilt. Let me add, J had TWO parents, so far all the focus has been on father.

Seems like its a tight knit family mobile home park. Just my opinion, but after reading various posts from teens living in that area, it sounds like they all knew each other very well and considered the sweet little girl as their little sister.

While I have forgiven my rapist and the circumstances around those years, I was 11 at the end of it. I am now almost 40, it took me damn near 15 years to get to forgiveness! It was not an over night occurrence, it was a process.

If someone raped my child tonight, Lord help me, but, I don't know if I could be forgiving in a matter of a week or two. At this point, my Mama bear may still be in effect to the point that I would want blood. Hell, I'll be honest, I might seek it myself!

Forgiveness, as others have said, is a process. It takes YEARS! NOT DAYS! MOO!

I just wanted to share a link to a poignant new documentary I recently watched called Beyond Right & Wrong. The documentary is available to watch for free, and deals with the subject of forgiveness through the eyes of family members who have dealt with unimaginable loss. Whether you think that forgiveness is truly possible or not, I think the film is definitely worth watching. It can be viewed by going to http://beyondrightandwrong.com/ and clicking on the "watch free" link at the top of the page. Additionally, just by watching, money is donated one of a list of charities which the viewer can choose.

Way too soon IMO. I think that's why I was so shocked.

I agree. I'm all for forgiveness when possible, but for something this heinous, it shocked me that her father could speak of it just one day after his daughter's killer and rapist was arrested, before he knows all the facts. For me it almost minimized what Jenise went through (especially remembering his initial interview). I keep trying to understand what his thought process could possibly be. But no matter how many noble motives I try to attach to this, it's not working for me. I wish he had waited.

When will we get to read the search warrants and indictment?

I agree. I'm all for forgiveness when possible, but for something this heinous, it shocked me that her father could speak of it just one day after his daughter's killer and rapist was arrested, before he knows all the facts. For me it almost minimized what Jenise went through (especially remembering his initial interview). I keep trying to understand what his thought process could possibly be. But no matter how many noble motives I try to attach to this, it's not working for me. I wish he had waited.

am totally with you.....this reaches ''olympic'' levels of forgiveness ..... am pretty sure I'd be either fetal position in a padded room or a raging granny

am always humbled by those who do so under horrific circumstances like this

IMO, the father rightfully has a heck of a lot of public, governmental, and I'm guessing familial heat on him right now. Notwithstanding this wonderful, really refreshing discussion of forgiveness, he is simply deflecting, IMO. He was accused of something heinous by some, he is accused of horrible neglect by others, he was convicted of something horrible that will follow him for the rest of his life and now everybody knows it, his best shot right now is to play gracious victim of someone who did worse than he.

My thoughts on the thought process:: first, I don't think he got up in front of the congregation as reported and shared these thoughts. That would just be really odd and there isn't a time to do that. But how do I say this nicely....

IMO this is for attention. It's getting him positive attention (theoretically) because he's "forgiving" and that's generally a good quality. It's ALSO taking away some of the negative attention that has been on him for his past and his lack of supervision over his daughter.

Of course WS'ers read right through it. There is no way you can forgive someone for doing such horrible things to your daughter so quickly. My husband is a teddy bear and I would literally have to hold him back from anyone who were to hurt our daughter. MOO.

Rest easy, from what I can read of Washington's law, he will be charged as an adult:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=13.04.030

(v) The juvenile is sixteen or seventeen years old on the date the alleged offense is committed and the alleged offense is:

(A) A serious violent offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;

(C) Robbery in the first degree, rape of a child in the first degree, or drive-by shooting, committed on or after July 1, 1997;

(I) In such a case the adult criminal court shall have exclusive original jurisdiction.

-----

I have no fear of him being charged as a juvenile.

I pray there will be justice, as an adult!

IMO, the father rightfully has a heck of a lot of public, governmental, and I'm guessing familial heat on him right now. Notwithstanding this wonderful, really refreshing discussion of forgiveness, he is simply deflecting, IMO. He was accused of something heinous by some, he is accused of horrible neglect by others, he was convicted of something horrible that will follow him for the rest of his life and now everybody knows it, his best shot right now is to play gracious victim of someone who did worse than he.

^^^THIS. This is what I was trying to say. Deflecting = SPOT ON. IMO.

But what if you are accused but innocent. How can the ins. co. assume one is guilty before the trial?

I'm a bit confused though. Why would an insurance company that provides home and auto insurance to a client be required to pay a victim's family in a civil suit against the perp? IMO, the liability coverage that a policy holder has, for both home and auto, would have to be directly related to something negligent/careless(etc) the policy holder did in relation to their home or auto, that caused pain/injury/suffering/disability/death to the victim('s family)......eg) you drive drunk and kill someone, the victim's family can sue drunk driver in civil court........or you forget to unplug a space heater in your home and it starts your house on fire that then spreads to neighbor's home. What would rape and murder have to do with home/auto liability insurance? This makes no sense to me.

am totally with you.....this reaches ''olympic'' levels of forgiveness ..... am pretty sure I'd be either fetal position in a padded room or a raging granny

am always humbled by those who do so under horrific circumstances like this

What would Jesus do?

I'm a bit confused though. Why would an insurance company that provides home and auto insurance to a client be required to pay a victim's family in a civil suit against the perp? IMO, the liability coverage that a policy holder has, for both home and auto, would have to be directly related to something negligent/careless(etc) the policy holder did in relation to their home or auto, that caused pain/injury/suffering/disability/death to the victim('s family)......eg) you drive drunk and kill someone, the victim's family can sue drunk driver in civil court........or you forget to unplug a space heater in your home and it starts your house on fire that then spreads to neighbor's home. What would rape and murder have to do with home/auto liability insurance? This makes no sense to me.

Not sure what the laws are for crimes but this just reminded me that when I was hit by a car on my bike, her insurance ended up covering, but we turned it in through our house insurance. Don't remember a lot of details, my husband at the time took care of it but I remember thinking it was odd. And I was like 5 miles from home, on my bike, when I was hit.

While I have forgiven my rapist and the circumstances around those years, I was 11 at the end of it. I am now almost 40, it took me damn near 15 years to get to forgiveness! It was not an over night occurrence, it was a process.

If someone raped my child tonight, Lord help me, but, I don't know if I could be forgiving in a matter of a week or two. At this point, my Mama bear may still be in effect to the point that I would want blood. Hell, I'll be honest, I might seek it myself!

Forgiveness, as others have said, is a process. It takes YEARS! NOT DAYS! MOO!

Just because he said it doesn't mean he's there yet. Saying it is the first step. In some ways, forgiveness is the very definition of fake it til you make it.

if the fatal event occurred in either the home or the auto by the named insured or their minor children there would be damages payable (death of JW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966