Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know as well. IMO they need to grieve as a family :(

Sure they need to grieve as a family but there was obviously a very very legit reason they were removed so quickly in the first place and us not knowing what it was, perhaps it's a reason that still exists and for the safety/health/well-being of the removed children, they need to remain where they are. That might supersede 'family grieving' and given that they've already lost one dear little girl, the protection and safety of the 2 other children is most important, IMO.

He is not what I would consider low functioning. Ex-military.

I would imagine great guilt, inspires great grace...forgiveness does not mean "everything is ok" it means, I won't let this put me in the grave and I will keep putting one foot in front of the other until I make it through the darkness.

For some people, forgiveness is freedom. I don't think I could, in his shoes, but I admire the idea of forgiveness. I think it takes a special soul to find forgiveness in such darkness. I don't particularly think of the father as some great enlightened soul, though, all things told.

^^^ This. It took my brother's, and SIL's murderer, going to trial, and getting sentenced, for me to be able to forgive. Once I had let go, I felt this wonderful glow, and literally, felt my brother, reach down and put his arms around me. I have never looked back, and I feel my brother's presence every day. I am blessed. The murderer? Not so much. :)

Is WA a sunshine state like FL is with regards to legal documents and the publics right to access?

I haven't followed this case too closely apart from the headlines until the last two days or so. So I have not read any of the threads here until starting about yesterday mid-afternoon. I see that many comments pertain to Jenise's father and his statements. I haven't seen any regarding her mother's statements. Has she made any?

I also perceive a subtext of accusations at the father (but not the mother) for neglect, so I will just ask flat out, why is that? It seems that he's being held responsible for Jenise's neglect, but she isn't.

Maybe I missed something that raises his accountability over hers. If so, please enlighten me so I don't have to go back and read the older threads; as much as I'd love to, I don't have the time.

Thank you.

Well, I am off to sleuth cold cases before I go on a rant. Night all!

*jaw drops* :censored: What ?!???????! :thud:

Wow, sorry but IMO there is something majorly off with his quick forgiveness. His little angel has only been gone a week from this earth and he's proclaiming that he can forgive her evil murderer/rapist? Way too premature if you ask me. And I hate to say this but early on after she first went missing, in his media interviews, him describing her as a "spoiled brat" rubbed me the wrong way. I almost got the impression that she annoyed him a great deal. He didn't, at least to me, seem all that upset/distraught/emotional/worried/stressed.....not like you'd generally expect a Daddy to be. Maybe he's not as emotionally affected by her loss and therefore it's easier to forgive because there's no more 'spoiled brat' to contend with. Sorry, just what I'm thinking and this is MOO, I could be wrong.

Marc Klaas' thoughts on forgiveness:

I am inevitably taken to task for my failure to forsake anger and my unwillingness to offer forgiveness to Polly’s killer. Such criticism is borne of inexperience and a lack of knowledge. Losing a child, like having a child is an epiphany. The miracle of birth underscores and highlights unconditional love like no other experience can. When that connection is broken by unrestrained violence it becomes a boundless, cosmic betrayal that tests every emotional, spiritual and physical value.

Anger is not the negative emotion that is so often portrayed. We need not deny or stifle anger. Instead we can use anger to make the world a better place in which to live. If used correctly and divorced of violence anger can be an enlightened agent of change. I believe that anger motivated Gandhi, King, Mandela, and many other agents of change throughout history. These men were very angry about the injustice heaped upon their constituency and it was anger that drove them toward the peaceful strategies that enabled them to change the world and return the gift of equality to more than a billion oppressed humans.

There are those who suggest that we should forgive, that forgiveness makes us better people and that forgiveness is a necessary component of an evolving society. However, to forgive for sins committed against others is presumptuous and disingenuous. It would be like me forgiving Hitler for murdering six million Jews during World War 2. Forgiveness for murder is not ours to give. The only ones in a position to forgive murder are the victims and, by definition, the victims are dead, which makes murder the unforgivable sin.

http://www.klaaskids.org/blog/?author=1&paged=12

Perhaps he thought he didn't leave any? Perhaps he thought he "covered his bases" well enough.

I don't think that DNA entered his mind at the time, but I bet it sure did when he was told about it, and he knew he'd be found out as he was giving those cheek swabs.

What would Jesus do?

But he's not Jesus. And while we should strive to forgive, most parents of RAPED and MURDERED little girls who have only been gone from this earth a short week are not even close to the mindset of forgiveness. I'd venture to guess that most at this point are still in shock, are numb. And a good percentage of Daddies would have intense rage and maybe even homicidal thoughts toward the fellow male who violated his little sweet girl.

Not sure what the laws are for crimes but this just reminded me that when I was hit by a car on my bike, her insurance ended up covering, but we turned it in through our house insurance. Don't remember a lot of details, my husband at the time took care of it but I remember thinking it was odd. And I was like 5 miles from home, on my bike, when I was hit.

Perhaps you had your bicycle included under contents coverage?

Well, what is wrong with him then? The things he comes out with. Are you sure he is ex-military?

That's what he has said. He is a loner except for his family.

That I know of, neither have any friends in park. Parents stay to themselves. Not very open people, yet cavalier parenting attitude. Pets fair no better.

They also sleuthed and posted his criminal activity which is absolutely against TOS. He was never named as a suspect or person of interest by LE.

I thought discussion of this was allowed because it was reported in MSM?

Wow, sorry but IMO there is something majorly off with his quick forgiveness. His little angel has only been gone a week from this earth and he's proclaiming that he can forgive her evil murderer/rapist? Way too premature if you ask me. And I hate to say this but early on after she first went missing, in his media interviews, him describing her as a "spoiled brat" rubbed me the wrong way. I almost got the impression that she annoyed him a great deal. He didn't, at least to me, seem all that upset/distraught/emotional/worried/stressed.....not like you'd generally expect a Daddy to be. Maybe he's not as emotionally affected by her loss and therefore it's easier to forgive because there's no more 'spoiled brat' to contend with. Sorry, just what I'm thinking and this is MOO, I could be wrong.

ITA with everything you said. The "spoiled brat" comment really bothered me too. That is not a loving statement.

One of my dear friends theorizes that parents of missing/murdered children who appear very suspicious but turn out to be innocent of any involvement in what happened to their child either 1) relish the attention or 2) are secretly relieved to be rid of the "problem" child.

You may well be on to something.

It's not that unusual. Remember the Amish comforting and taking care of the schoolhouse shooter's family? Attending the shooter's funeral? Setting up a fund for his children? Some faiths prize forgiveness very highly.

That's right. I watched a 20/20 special about this lady whose little girl was stolen from a campsite, molested, raped, and murdered after days. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124051
It STUNNED me. The pain, the agony this mother went through was raw and horrendous. They covered every moment of the crime, of her sitting at the campsite as they dragged the lake and kept calling out when they found something and how her whole body just shuddered, and she felt she'd lose her mind with hate, how she could not stop thinking about what her baby was going through or went through, etc.

And yet, she forgave her child's killer. Not only forgave him but embraced him and his family,especially his mother. She went, arm and arm with his mother to his grave (the dude killed himself) and placed flowers on his grave. She speaks out against the death penalty. She maintains a bond with the killer's mother. She has compassion for his family and for him. It left me shaken, really.

Marietta's Catholic faith was pivotal to her ability to do this. Being a Catholic myself, this was inspirational to me. She is an inspiration. Do I think I would be able to do the same thing? I don't think so, but I would like to be able to.

Rest easy, from what I can read of Washington's law, he will be charged as an adult:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=13.04.030

(v) The juvenile is sixteen or seventeen years old on the date the alleged offense is committed and the alleged offense is:

(A) A serious violent offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030;

(C) Robbery in the first degree, rape of a child in the first degree, or drive-by shooting, committed on or after July 1, 1997;

(I) In such a case the adult criminal court shall have exclusive original jurisdiction.

-----

I have no fear of him being charged as a juvenile.

BUMP.

Well, I am off to sleuth cold cases before I go on a rant. Night all!

Go and learn about JonBenet. It's heartbreaking. See which side you come down on. IDT ,or PR or JR, JAR, or Burke her nine year old brother.

That's right. I watched a 20/20 special about this lady whose little girl was stolen from a campsite, molested, raped, and murdered after days. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124051
It STUNNED me. The pain, the agony this mother went through was raw and horrendous. They covered every moment of the crime, of her sitting at the campsite as they dragged the lake and kept calling out when they found something and how her whole body just shuddered, and she felt she'd lose her mind with hate, how she could not stop thinking about what her baby was going through or went through, etc.

And yet, she forgave her child's killer. Not only forgave him but embraced him and his family,especially his mother. She went, arm and arm with his mother to his grave (the dude killed himself) and placed flowers on his grave. She speaks out against the death penalty. She maintains a bond with the killer's mother. She has compassion for his family and for him. It left me shaken, really.

Marietta's Catholic faith was pivotal to her ability to do this. Being a Catholic myself, this was inspirational to me. She is an inspiration. Do I think I would be able to do the same thing? I don't think so, but I would like to be able to.

BUMP.

I wouldn't want to do the same thing. I totally agree with what Dr. Petit said on the matter (his daughters and wife were killed). Some things you just can't forgive and shouldn't have to.

"I don't think you can forgive ultimate evil," he said. "You can forgive someone who stole your car. You can forgive someone who slaps you in the face. You can forgive someone who insulted you. You can forgive someone who caused an accident. I think forgiving the essence of evil is not appropriate."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dr-william-petit-forgiveness-familys-murders/story?id=12354149

I wonder if they can up the charges?

They should be able to up the charges or add to them or drop some any time they want until trial or some period before -- pardon, me for speaking so boldly -- I don't mean to be that way -- at least that's the way it is in most states. Investigators sometimes find evidence later in their investigations that may indicate add'l. crimes, etc.

I know it's been done in my home state in several cases I have followed. Don't know about WA... JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member