Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Necco, what a grand and cool way to describe it. I'm totally on board!

Not knowing a thing of course (me) about what facilities are available as Juvenile Offender in Custody, I am curious how they will be able to protect him from the wrath of even juvenile offenders he may have to exercise with or share cell, etc.

I think people overestimate jail yard justice. Sure, it happens, but not nearly to the extent people believe. Pedophiles in prison aren't revered, but, if they keep their heads down, they don't get a lot of attention.

I'm curious to know as well. IMO they need to grieve as a family :(

Jenise was the youngest of four children living with the couple. The middle two children were removed this week from the home by state Child Protective Services after Jenise was reported missing. The two were placed with family members, Byron said. The eldest had been away from the home at the time but now is with the younger two siblings.

“They are a faithful, good couple, they are leaning on each other and have spoken with the kids,” Byron said. “The next step is to get the kids back home and get the family back together.”
Byron said James Wright is aware of media reports of his gross misdemeanor conviction and deferred prosecution for sexually assaulting a child and a teen in 1999. Byron said James Wright is very concerned because people don’t know him and are judging him without knowing all the facts.

Investigators have said they are aware of James Wright’s history but said it was not relevant to finding Jenise. Officials also said the couple were cooperating with investigators. On Tuesday, they left their mobile home when a forensics team looked for evidence.

Byron said he knows the family.

“What I’ve seen is a very loving, caring family,” he said. “They live very humbly but orderly; there is routine. You can tell there is a good relationship between the parents and their kids. There is a lot of love in their home. And that’s all I’ve ever seen.”

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local...-the-best-they-know-how-adviser-says_21838763

The suspect and victim's family seem to know each other well...at least the kids

Was this a thrill kill or did he plan this?

This is a case of don't judge a book by it's cover.

he looks like he could be the boy next door. imo

Forgiveness is also not a straight line. You start by saying it. That doesn't mean in dark moments you don't dream of using a grapefruit spoon to disembowel someone. But you say it. And in good moments you mean it. And slowly, slowly, the good moments outweigh the grapefruit spoon moments. And eventually, many people realize that holding on to hatred and anger is only holding them back and not hurting the perp. And then you live your life almost to spite them. *&^% you, perp, I'm going to Hawaii and you can't take that from me. Etc.

"Living well is the best revenge." - George Herbert

I think they may be already be with family, even if they arent home yet. - Reading a comment from the mom to the eldest daughter on facebook...that was my understanding. (Man, when are people going to lock their facebook accounts down anyway?)

Necco's got quite a way with words:)

And for some reason with me, revenge is always plotting with a grapefruit spoon or an ice cream scooper. Maybe because I couldn't REALLY imagine killing someone so it always had a goofy bent. It's the same attitude I take towards my illness. It can't have my life. So I do things to spite it.

Forgive me for not remembering exactly who it was quoted in a MSM article but someone close to this case (and it may have actually been Jenise's father Jim Wright?) said something to the affect of "we can only hope something good comes from this". If anyone has a link to the exact quote, that would be awesome.

In any event, I know exactly what he meant, and the fact is, something GOOD has come of this already, at least in my own family circle. Because I grew up in Bremerton and know this park and current and former folks who live there, and because it hits close to home for my 13 (son), 15, 17, 24 and 31 yr old (daughters), we've actually been discussing this offline, sitting around the living room last night, and sitting around the bonfire tonight. It's such a heartbreaking case that hits so close to home for us, it just KEEPS coming up. They're much more tech savvy than mom and they all totally get how age groups discuss among themselves, etc.

We've discussed every heartbreaking aspect of this case, from the parenting styles of the Wrights, to the trust-level we have with friends, to the loyalty we have to family. Only because they're teens (and lets just admit it, teens are an alien race with superior intelligence) they already know more about the perp than I do. They've asked questions, posed "hypotheticals" and asked "what would you do if.........?"

This is the good that comes from horrific tragedy. If you sit and talk openly and honestly with your kids, you open them up to the reality of who/what is out there and they get to ask you questions that they may not have ever thought about asking, previously.

As much as we all want to, we can't bring Jenise back or erase her last memory of life. What we CAN do though, is arm our own kids with the facts and the consequences of *really* bad choices (and ourselves) and hope for the best for them. If what we as parents share with our kids prevents at least one more little girl or little boy from either becoming a victim or a perp from this type of crime, we've done an awesome thing. I hope every parent of teens (in the park and following this case) is taking the time to talk to their kids. It most definitely matters.

Forgiveness is also not a straight line. You start by saying it. That doesn't mean in dark moments you don't dream of using a grapefruit spoon to disembowel someone. But you say it. And in good moments you mean it. And slowly, slowly, the good moments outweigh the grapefruit spoon moments. And eventually, many people realize that holding on to hatred and anger is only holding them back and not hurting the perp. And then you live your life almost to spite them. *&^% you, perp, I'm going to Hawaii and you can't take that from me. Etc.

:highfive:

:yourock: necco, seriously!

I hope we learn more about the perps background tomorrow.

I agree they need to grieve as a family, but iirc, the children were removed due to probable cause found during the investigation. Probable cause for neglect would be my guess, and frankly it would be a disservice to those children to return them until that is addressed in a comprehensive manner.

ITA. The suspect most likely KNEW his friend was not home when the rape and murder happened so is this just a coincidence then? I really doubt it. JMO

Opportunity. Hoping to get away with it.

I wonder what makes a person voluntarily do this? Did he think somehow they wouldn't match? Did he just assume they would catch him anyway, so he might as well not attempt to hide the fact? Did he think that by not refusing the test he would eliminate suspicion? I guess it's just another part of the criminal mind us regular folks can't fathom.

If his parents were there when LE came & asked for DNA/cheek swabs, I figured how could he refuse right in front of them? No excuses for him at all, but he was 17 y/o, still at least somewhat a "child" to them. No way he could say "No, I won't give one." Pressure, especially if his folks were assuming he had nothing to do with it.

The only other reason I could see was if he didn't understand how a cheek swab could be matched with anything he did (if he did it) to little JW.

MOO.

Forgiveness would not be possible to me. I am not religious at all. I would leave it up to the courts, but forgiveness would never factor into any of my feelings or responses. Neither would revenge, for that matter.

If his parents were there when LE came & asked for DNA/cheek swabs, I figured how could he refuse right in front of them? No excuses for him at all, but he was 17 y/o, still at least somewhat a "child" to them. No way he could say "No, I won't give one." Pressure, especially if his folks were assuming he had nothing to do with it.

The only other reason I could see was if he didn't understand how a cheek swab could be matched with anything he did (if he did it) to little JW.

MOO.

I imagine he did not think too far ahead, when asked. Maybe he thought they were collecting just in case they ever found DNA. Not all teens watch crime shows, Imo.

Upon reading that Jenise's father spoke of forgiving her killer, I wanted to understand, so I went googling "forgiveness" and found this article on "restorative justice." I read the whole thing, and I'm not sure what I think yet, so I'm not suggesting that it should or should not be a possibility in Jenise's killer's case. But I'm linking it here for anyone to read. Basically, the parents of the murdered young woman forgave her boyfriend who killed her, because they felt that is what their daughter would have wanted. They went through a very complex and heartrending process with him, his parents, his attorney, the prosecutor and a restorative justice expert. He will spend 20 years in prison. Here is a quote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/m...-in-criminal-justice.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Have seen a lot of information on restorative justice. IMO, it takes a community of wise and humble hearts to fully and properly implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence