Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING GRAPHIC

Regarding the 'overkill', with the ligature strangulation and multiple blunt for trauma. It may have been rage. But Jorelys Rivera killer attempted to kill her one way, and when that didn't work (quickly enough to his mind) he used another way. Not rage, just needed her not to be alive and tell on me, this way isn't working, now I'll do this.

His 'confession' was full of half truths, but the blanks could be filled in by the autopsy, and he pled guilty to killing her.

Brunn said he didn't sexually assault her but the autopsy stated otherwise. He said he didn't plan to kill her initially, but later realized she would go home and 'tell her mom and dad'. (Tell her mom and dad what? You said you didn't sexually assault her.)

I think we may see a lot of similarities here in MO.

Then again, I could just as easily imagine it done in rage.

These poor babies. :(

Bingo. My kids sleep in whatever is comfortable. They always have. Half the time, my son used to take a bath, then wear the clothes he was going to wear for school the NEXT day, because it was faster to get up and out the door. And he'd still be wearing those clothes the next morning when someone would make him change.

And as an aside, both of my kids buy their clothes in the identical line: My daughter has five pairs of pajamas she loves, same style, two sets the same colors. Same with shorts and jeans. My son does the same with t-shirts (which he sleeps in and uses during the day). At age 6, my daughter had several sets of duplicate clothes. Made mixing and matching more fun. JMO.

And some kids that come from families that don't have much,_don't own pajamas_.

I just pray and will believe that the first ' blow' :( made her unconscious and she did not feel anything after that. It cannot be any other way. :(

Sunday, August 3, (21:53 hours) - 911 call came in - LE arrived at residence 22:34
Jenise's father, JW, told LE that he last saw Jenise in bed at 22:00 hours on August 2.
According to JW, on August 3 at 07:00 hours, Jenise was not at home.
Even though unusual for her to go out so early in the morning, JW figured she left the house to play.
At 20:30 hours (8:30 p.m.), J's siblings began looking around the neighborhood and knocking on doors to find Jenise.
After another hour and twenty-three minutes had passed, someone dialed 911 to report Jenise missing.

Monday, August 4 - LE went to GG's residence and found him at home with his mother and stepfather.
They explained that GG was too upset at the moment to really speak to LE or to give a DNA sample.
Mother asked LE to come back later.
GG's stepfather told LE that GG was home all weekend.

The search and rescue team found a pair of little girl's underwear (size 5) while searching the southeast perimeter of the Steele Creek mobile home park along with a pair of young girl's shorts.
Both had red stains on them. A quick test confirmed the stains were blood.

Wednesday, August 6 - The crime lab confirmed the blood was Jenise's and collected semen from the underwear as well.

Thursday, August 7 - At 11:00 hours, a body of a deceased child was discovered 15 to 20 feet away from where Jenise's shorts were found.
The body was almost entirely submerged in mud bog adjacent to the trailer park.
The mud was three to four feet deep.
There was a small pallet on top of the mud and a strap* was discovered there too
(*belonging to some kind of nylon bag, duffle, suitcase or laptop bag).

Friday, August 8 - The body was identified and confirmed to be Jenise.
She suffered blunt force trauma causing multiple skull fractures, vaginal tearing and genital trauma, signs of strangulation by ligature.
Lividity on the abdominal area and back indicate her body was moved 1/2 to 3 hours after death.

LE returned to GG's residence and collected his DNA sample.
GG was emotionally upset and could hardly get out of bed.
GG leaned up against a wall while LE was there.
GG's mother mentioned to LE that GG displayed similar behavior when her sister, GG's aunt, died.
LE noted the residence is two mobile homes west of the wooded trail access to where Jenise's body had been found.

Saturday, August 9 - Washington State Patrol Crime Lab made a DNA match to a male profile from the stain found on the front of the underwear.

The same day, blood stained underwear, blood and mud stained shirt and blood stained shorts and bloody towel were all found in GG's bedroom.

GG was arrested and brought to the jail at 14:50 on Saturday.

Sunday, August 10 - GG was jailed at 12:30 a.m.
Charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and one count of rape of a child in the first degree*

Probable Cause Statement*
https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/gaeta_gabriel_141007866_prelim.pdf

Thank you! This format of the events makes it very easy to follow.

Where does the video of mom and GG in the car fit in exactly? Thursday afternoon, IIRC? I saw the video a few days after the actual air date and that is messing up the timeline in my brain. Can we insert that video interiew, plus the vigil into this...or is this just probable cause info only?

Either way, thanks for laying it out this way - great job.

Ontario mom - I didn't note the fact / implications of that she was found near her shorts...and NOT her pajamas.

Sometimes I go to bed in bed shorts and a t-shirt not "pj's" iykwim....but children... SMH... does anyone here have children that they put to bed in the clothes they wore that day and not pj's at the age she was?

Still a couple pages behind so don't know if others responded already but my 4 yo sometimes goes to bed in clothes - sometimes it's a matter of her falling asleep on the couch before putting on her PJs, sometimes it's a favorite outfit du jour and it's just not a battle worth fighting if her clothes are still relatively clean. Heck, she did that just the other night. :) To me, the clothes don't close up the timeline, especially since we don't know if it was the clothes she was wearing Saturday or something she put on when she got up Sunday.

I wonder if it will come out the perp has been sexually abused in his past. IMO this would explain a lot. It's no excuse. But I'd put money on it.

I have 7 kids and when they were 6 yrs old, not one of them slept in their day clothes, ever. Pajamas, teeth brushed, the whole bed-time routine for little kids. But my parenting style is WAY different from the Wright's.

Possible explainations as to why she was found near her shorts (and not pajamas)

1. she never made it home Saturday night and they were the same shorts she had on that day
2. she slept in her shorts & got up super early the next morning and left the home
3. she was dressed for bed the night before but got up and dressed herself in shorts before leaving the home

Unless LE reveals that info, I don't think we'll ever know. But my hunch is on #1.

BBM. Ontario Mom, I've been meaning to tell you how much I respect your posts in this case, but never have until now. The BBM bit is what made me actually stop and take time to post my appreciation. :bow:

Not to get too far off topic but... IMO - let him be who he is! Rainbow Dash is awesome. My girl loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Dinosaur Train as much as she loves MLP and "her disney girls." I let her watch whatever she wants (age appropriate, obviously) and encourage her to not care about whether it is geared towards boys or girls. I don't like gender stereotyping. I want her to figure out who SHE is not what society and advertisers want her to be.

This reminds me of her love of Diego and his baby jaguar friend. She loved that jaguar so much when she first potty trained. I was taking a short cut through Target and she saw a package of boys chonies with the characters from that show on it. She desperately wanted these boy undies because the jaguar was on them. I bought them after explaining that they were going to be made different than her undies because boy bodies are made different than girl bodies. So they go home with us and get washed. She put the first pair on, realized they had the flap in the front and said, "Oh no! Someone ripped my Diego undies!" I reminded her that they were made different because boy bodies are different than girl bodies and I offered to sew the flap shut. She said, "No! Its like cool air for my bum!"

So yeah, let him be him. :) Sorry to get off topic!

Is there a mommies forum somewhere?

WARNING - GRAPHIC

From the Probable Cause statement regarding Jenise's body:

"It was also determined that JPW had lividity on both her abdominal area and her back, believed to be caused by JPW's body being moved a half an hour to 3 hours after her death."

This stands out to me in light of the fact that some of her clothes were not found on her/with her. Since the muddy area is not where she was killed, I suspect when he carried her there he was also carrying her clothes and just dropped them without even realizing it. Especially if it was dark (and I'm assuming it was), he would have just never known. So now I wonder where she was for that 30 minute - 3 hour time frame before he took her out to the woods? Possibly in the woods in a different area until he found a spot to hide her? Just thinking outloud.

True. But I am thinking more along the lines of bargaining concerning GUILTY PLEA and no trial in exchange for choosing a prison near the family etc.

Or... guilty plea so that her family does not have to sit through court listening to all of the horrific things that happened to their baby girl

Thank you! This format of the events makes it very easy to follow.

Where does the video of mom and GG in the car fit in exactly? Thursday afternoon, IIRC? I saw the video a few days after the actual air date and that is messing up the timeline in my brain. Can we insert that video interiew, plus the vigil into this...or is this just probable cause info only?

Either way, thanks for laying it out this way - great job.

BBM. The video aired Tuesday the 5th.

WARNING - GRAPHIC

"It was also determined that JPW had lividity on both her abdominal area and her back, believed to be caused by JPW's body being moved a half an hour to 3 hours after her death."

This stands out to me in light of the fact that some of her clothes were not found on her/with her. Since the muddy area is not where she was killed, I suspect when he carried her there he was also carrying her clothes and just dropped them without even realizing it. Especially if it was dark (and I'm assuming it was), he would have just never known. So now I wonder where she was for that 30 minute - 3 hour time frame before he took her out to the woods? Possibly in the woods in a different area until he found a spot to hide her? Just thinking outloud.

The van?

WARNING - GRAPHIC

Maybe this is why the three vehicles were impounded. He might have had this precious child in one of them, did his dastardly deed and placed her in that muddy bog...they are looking for the first crime scene...

so sad...I can't understand how a young adult wakes up one day and decides to rape a child...wondering if his propensity for little girls might have been in him for a long while..SMH

Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7
We heard murder suspect Gabe Gaeta attended the memorial for Jenise Wright, just went through our video. Here he is- pic.twitter.com/est5rRVrZG

Borrowing Woe.Be.Gone's favorite word, isn't uncanny these days that media documentation becomes part of the investigation so often. I think nowadays msm folks are keenly aware to get everyone in a frame or two at vigils/after crimes at the scene etc. as so often, they are in the shots.

BBM. Ontario Mom, I've been meaning to tell you how much I respect your posts in this case, but never have until now. The BBM bit is what made me actually stop and take time to post my appreciation. :bow:

:) thank you. This case just hits way too close to home for me. I had to blog about it yesterday since there were just too many thoughts to share here. The pajamas/shorts thing got me at first until I realized not everyone puts their kids to bed in their jammies. A good reminder to me not to base my opinions on "what I would do".

Maybe this is why the three vehicles were impounded. He might have had this precious child in one of them, did his dastardly deed and placed her in that muddy bog...they are looking for the first crime scene...

so sad...I can't understand how a young adult wakes up one day and decides to rape a child...wondering if his propensity for little girls might have been in him for a long while..SMH

Due to the extent of her injuries and the amount of blood on the recovered clothing items (his and hers) wherever it was that it took place would have to have a significant amount of blood, I would think. I don't care how many CSI shows you've watched, most people don't have the skill to thoroughly clean a crime scene. If it was one of the vehicles, I'm sure LE already knows it. Like so many of you, I just hope it was so quick for her she didn't even know what all he did. That poor baby. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member