Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, it was creepy enough for the mom to tell GG to back off. She knew something wasn't right - it wasn't just neighborhood kids hanging out because they are one big happy group, imo.

^^^ Yes +10 on this!!

Jamie Tompkins ‏@JamieQ13FOX 57m
Mom/neighbor just told me she confronted Gabriel Gaeta two yrs ago -told him to stay away from her 11 yr old daughter #Q13FOX #JeniseWright

So the arrest wasn't a shock to everyone, I guess.
I'm wondering if this is true, if this neighbor gave LE a heads up to Gabe.

JMO

When you spend a lot of time around a group of kids in a small community, the ages don't matter so much. ESPECIALLY when siblings are involved. Jenise seems like the type of kid to hang out outside, probably with her siblings and whoever her siblings hang out with. So if her siblings happen to be busy or gone, she may hang AROUND (not neccessarily hang "out") their friends. She hung out with other older kids in the park too, and no one finds that unusual. It is only unusual with GG b/c of the crime.

I guess I am just not that used to it. We live in a suburb and so there are plenty of appropriate age level kids around. I just think it so odd for a 17 yr old boy to hang out with a 6 yr old. Even in a 'big group.'

:goldstar:GITANA :goldstar:
You are a wonder. Thanks for all you do for us!
gypsy
, indeed!!

:justice:

Are we allowed to copy and paste something from direct family member's FB?

Not knowing the details/context... It may just be that the mom was uncomfortable about an older boy being around her daughter, not necessarily something specifically about him.

Some people (moms, dads, whoever) just have a weird "spidey sense" about certain people, even without anything specific.

I will add with my history of being abused, I find her relationships with the older kids unusual, and I wouldn't allow it with my children. Are all people predators? No, but with my history, I know some are, and would not allow it to happen. JMO

YES. Being a victim of child abuse myself, I see red flags everywhere. And I was 6 and my abuser was 16 when it started, so what a coincidence.

As I've read the threads of this tragedy, I always seem to lack the ability to put into words how I feel. Awful, disgusted, sick to my stomach, none even touch the exact feeling this case has given me since the beginning.

I wonder if GG, as a budding pedophile, felt he had found the perfect child in Jenise. He had a strong bond with her family. She was literally given the run of the MHP. The parents believed it was a safe cocoon for their little girl and probably thought it was nice that one of their son's friends took an interest in Jenise.

I also believe that he groomed her. Perhaps they had their "secret" hiding place in the woods where the grooming took place. I shudder to think how long this may have gone on and how far GG may have gone in molesting her prior to the rape and murder.

Does that brain damage video seem weird to anyone else?

@Kaydence I am there also! Have been all day.

All posts are MOO

I'm confused though, that can't be him in the video it looks like a little kid hitting the punching bag?

Behind the child hitting the punching bag. To the right of him

Wow! It sounds a lot like there will be a confession and no trial. Hmm... I feel so bad for them!

All posts are MOO

Thank you. I'm very behind in the last thread now so I'll probably come across the link.

It just caught my eye because I'm trying to figure out how anyone could defend this guy. I hope he will plead guilty and avoid a trial, but if he doesn't, his defense attorney is going to try to mitigate the horrible things Gaeta did.

I am hunting around to find where I read it. It was a few days ago. I am certainly not defending him! But, I think it is obvious that GG has some serious mental health issues. I said earlier that I suspected that there was some mental health issues to be purposely vague, but in reality.....

But, I reiterate, I am not defending him. What he did was horrific. However, there are others that need to take responsibility as well

how so we now the brother was out of town ......because i remember reading somewhere the brother saying on a facebook page he was babysitting i was under the impression he was babysitting his siblings but was out of the home when cps came to get his siblings i suppose he could of meant he was babysitting his older children out of town but i guess i always wondered how do we now he was not home when his little sister was missing ......since were not aloud to sleuth minors i cant link where he mention he was babysitting n if im not allowed to even mention he made that statement than please forgive me n please remove this post thank you

you aren't alone....I believe I read the same thing, written Aug 2 @2:20 ish a.m.and it made me go huh, do what?? Well that post that had that comment is gone now...

{we probably can't discuss it any way...it bothered me though at any rate}

I am hunting around to find where I read it. It was a few days ago. I am certainly not defending him! But, I think it is obvious that GG has some serious mental health issues. I said earlier that I suspected that there was some mental health to be somewhat vague, but in reality.....

But, I reiterate, I am not defending him. What he did was horrific. However, there are others that need to take responsibility as well

Oh, I didn't think you were defending him at all. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just trying to figure out how a defense attorney is going to attempt to defend this monster. I think it's good for us to look at all sides of the case to see what the opposition might bring.

I feel so bad for him. His lost his baby sister and a person he considered family all in one fell swoop. He seems conflicted and lost. (Hate me if you will) I still find it odd he can't spell his sister's name correctly!

he is the brother of the killer, not Jenise.

I have thought from the very beginning of this case that it was odd for a 6 year old to hang out with teens. Or rather, that the teens would allow her to hang out with them. JMO

Not if they are in charge of looking after them while parents are at work. (IME) Not everyone has $$ for organized daycare. I don't know what the situation is there at that MHP but I do know of situations where the big kids make $$ in the summertime and after school babysitting for others and/or their own families and extended families who cannot afford daycare. I may be offbase in this case of the MHP but I don't find it that odd in some communities for big kids to be watching out for the little ones. JMHO.

You may be right on target with your statement.

One of the first lessons learned in my first counseling class which then became a mantra (and which I often use with our clients):

"Mental illness is no excuse for bad behavior."

Mental illness does not automatically equal not knowing right from wrong. In fact I've worked with clients with just about every conceivable mental illness, and I have yet to encounter one that did not understand the concept of right versus wrong (including my inmate clients).

One of the first lessons learned in my first counseling class which then became a mantra (and which I often use with our clients):

"Mental illness is no excuse for bad behavior."

Mental illness does not automatically equal not knowing right from wrong. In fact I've worked with clients with just about every conceivable mental illness, and I have yet to encounter one that did not understand the concept of right versus wrong (including my inmate clients).

It is NOT an excuse but it could explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98