Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in an athletic family too, with wrestlers and other martial artists. While I don't see them as Jekyll and Hyde, I do see the fierce, stoic, no-flinching game face in competition. My relatives look terrifying on the mat. But between matches, they shake that off, stretch, etc. That's what I saw in the interrogation room with GG. (But I'm going to quit talking about it because I'm starting to repeat myself too much!).

Another thing about my particular athletic relatives, which include just about every male in my family, is that EVERYTHING is a competition. Everything. Absolutely everything. Drives me crazy. My family happens to be full of nice people who compete - friendly competition - but maybe GG sees life and friendships as not-friendly competitions.

Just thinking aloud...no real point except that I don't think we should dismiss his training as a competitor. I think it plays a role in this thinking and behavior.

bbm

That's an interesting point, details. I agree.

I'll add further that his older brothers were into wrestling -- and maybe other sports, too, like GG was, so he grew up with it. Competition. And, as in all sports, wrestling is concentration -- and IMO a bit more intense than other one-on-one sports -- it is one-on-one, after all. Much more in-your-face and "intimate" (not meant in a sexual way, just more up-close & personal, as they say) than other individual sports, such as tennis or fencing, etc. JMO.

And this intensity may have been relieved a bit over at the Wright's house -- maybe that was part of why he visited over there -- the "temperature" was down a bit & things were more relaxed. Just a thought...

I was just outside and some kids went by on bikes, a boy about 15ish, a girl 10ish and a little boy about 5ish. They were riding and laughing without a care in the world. They are unaffected by the fears that adults have to / choose to worry about . Why not? Our neighborhood is safe, quiet, very rural. They probably do not know there is one RSO at the end of the street and another RSO next door to me, about 300 yards away. They're just enjoying life and being kids. And I'm glad they can be. Of course, my mind is distracted and all I can think is they are roaming footloose and fancy free and what is really so wrong with that?

ON topic. When my now almost adult daughter was 4 she begged for a kitty and after some searching we found the winner. We brought him home and set him up in the house for housecat life . When he got older he wanted to go outside so bad . I would not let him. My daughter , in all of her wisdom at about 5 yrs of age, wanted him to go out. I reminded her of all the dangers, cars on the road, neighborhood dogs and the coyotes. We have coyotes nightly roaming around looking for a meal. I said he won't live if he goes out there. There are too many dangers. She said to me that if he did not live, at least he would have been free to life the cat's life he was born to live and that cats were not made to live inside and he clearly needed and longed to go out into the cat world. I tried really hard to talk her out of this thinking at her age she could not understand how badly his death would break her heart. She said she understood and it was a chance she would have to take because he needed to be happy more than she needed to be happy . So out he went and had a blast and roamed free and wild. He caught baby rabbits and birds and some times he 'd stay gone all night. We would wake up in the morning hoping he was at the door and he was. He always came back. That kitty is now pushing 13. He comes and goes as he pleases and comes in at least every day to nap and eat and visit us. On cold nights he stays in all night. Of course he could have been killed the first week ! If it had been up to me and all my fear and anxiety and paranoia of what might happen to a lone cat on the prowl, he would never have gone outside. If it was up to me he would have missed one heck of a fun life. The wisdom and naivety of my little 5 yr old gave him the life he was meant to live .

Post of the day!
Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

This case just went to the darkest of dark places for me.
My hope is that LE digs very deep and not only looks at surface evidence here.
Has anyone ever experienced communication deep within their spirit?
I'm so sorry for the victim and the accused if my 'light bulb' moment reflects truth.

In my faith, God has limits to what He forgives. The devil doesn't care.

I wish I knew what you are thinking....I am so at a loss in this case. It just has me stumped.

My gut/spirit or something is weeping.

It has been a very long time since one has hit me like this. Every aspect of this story is worse than the one you heard last it seems. There is no 'silver lining' . There is nothing but darkness. It's just a very rough one.

I was just outside and some kids went by on bikes, a boy about 15ish, a girl 10ish and a little boy about 5ish. They were riding and laughing without a care in the world. They are unaffected by the fears that adults have to / choose to worry about . Why not? Our neighborhood is safe, quiet, very rural. They probably do not know there is one RSO at the end of the street and another RSO next door to me, about 300 yards away. They're just enjoying life and being kids. And I'm glad they can be. Of course, my mind is distracted and all I can think is they are roaming footloose and fancy free and what is really so wrong with that?

ON topic. When my now almost adult daughter was 4 she begged for a kitty and after some searching we found the winner. We brought him home and set him up in the house for housecat life . When he got older he wanted to go outside so bad . I would not let him. My daughter , in all of her wisdom at about 5 yrs of age, wanted him to go out. I reminded her of all the dangers, cars on the road, neighborhood dogs and the coyotes. We have coyotes nightly roaming around looking for a meal. I said he won't live if he goes out there. There are too many dangers. She said to me that if he did not live, at least he would have been free to life the cat's life he was born to live and that cats were not made to live inside and he clearly needed and longed to go out into the cat world. I tried really hard to talk her out of this thinking at her age she could not understand how badly his death would break her heart. She said she understood and it was a chance she would have to take because he needed to be happy more than she needed to be happy . So out he went and had a blast and roamed free and wild. He caught baby rabbits and birds and some times he 'd stay gone all night. We would wake up in the morning hoping he was at the door and he was. He always came back. That kitty is now pushing 13. He comes and goes as he pleases and comes in at least every day to nap and eat and visit us. On cold nights he stays in all night. Of course he could have been killed the first week ! If it had been up to me and all my fear and anxiety and paranoia of what might happen to a lone cat on the prowl, he would never have gone outside. If it was up to me he would have missed one heck of a fun life. The wisdom and naivety of my little 5 yr old gave him the life he was meant to live .

Your story brought tears to my eyes because it worked out badly when we tried the same thing. I got the kids 'twin' kittens from the pound as a 'moving ' gift. We were moving to a new town and the kids were sad about leaving their school and friends. So we got them 2 adorable kittens. After they were about a year old, the girl kitty was obsessed with trying to get outside. And my daughter, age 6 at the time, lobbied for her. My DD really wanted her kitty to be allowed to go out and play by the lake. But we do have coyotes around at night too. And I did the same thing as you did---I tried hard to dissuade my daughters pleas. Explained what could happen. Told her about the dangers and said NO we cannot let her out.

Anyhow, somehow, the kitty did get out one time. And eventually we gave up trying to keep her in. She was like a Houdini. And then one morning we found her head and her cat collar on the street, out front. It was horrible. Thank good ness they kids didnt see it. But to this day my daughter has felt much GUILT over her kitty's brutal death. And she was mad at me for not preventing it. :cry:

I can only speak to the minimal work I have done with sex offenders. As I stated last night I stayed in that sector of my Agency for a year and transferred out. We were a hand picked team who worked with a Doc from N.Y. who opened a clinic a few hours away from my city in Canada. Then as the Institutions closed that's why we got the sex offenders who were mentally challenged. And I mean minimally challenged. It was Jail or us. In my Country (Canada) if a diagnosis of low IQ per say they come to us. Believe me we get/got the gamut. We used a lot of Depo then which caused even more angst. Unfortunately Mario's Clinic was closed down due to funding. And I do think the Government thought his methods unorthodox. He would strip their personality down to nothing and rebuild it. I wont go into how he did it. I believe it had some impact. But man I listened to more sick fantasies than I care to share. The defining moment for me was meeting up with my Clients in the mall. I was with my 4 yr. old Son. (They were accompanied by staff and are in the system with 24 hr. supports until they die) My next Counselling session consisted of listening to how cute my Son was and what he wanted to do with him. I wanted to crawl across the desk and strangle him. I ended the session right there and promptly put in my transfer. I currently work with "Behaviors" it is a challenge and have been doing it a long time. One of my Clients is a Sociopath with violent tendencies. He keeps us on our toes for sure. His manipulations are ingenious. So in essence perhaps some of my opines are based on what I do. Yet I would never claim to be an expert. We all base our opines on life experience.

Just, holy hell. I can't imagine. You are one brave person.

"It was hard learning [the suspect] was a friend of the family," James Wright said outside the family's home in a mobile home park in rural Kitsap County. "We were friends. We fed him. He split wood with me at my house. I was trying to teach him to be responsible to his community — even when we leave home, we are responsible as men."

I just find it odd because GG has several strong male role models in his immediate family. From everything I have read, his family is very involved in his care. They go to all of his sporting events and they are involved in his school activities. A very close and involved family.

So I don't understand why anyone thought he needed to be taught how to be a responsible male in the community. Maybe there was something lacking that JW took note of?

In some cultures, helping youth, being a mentor to young people in the community, is just par for the course- whether the kid seems to "need" it or not.

Early on in this case we heard LE, iirc, stating the mph had a tribal mentality. They all take care of one another. Perhaps shadlylasy can speak to that.

(respectfully snipped for space)

BBM

How do you know?

I don't know the family personally, I'm just going by comments in other places that have since been removed.

"I wouldn't dare break the rule and I agree it is not relevant. But I do want to say that I completely disagree that it is routine to remove all children from a home when a kid living there goes missing. There 100% must be probable cause and a missing kid is not sufficient.

In WA, CPS needs a pick up order from the court before removal. CPS must draft and sign and file with the court a dependency petition and sworn statement supporting the pick up order. The petition must shows reasonable grounds to believe the child’s health, safety, or welfare will be seriously endangered if not taken into custody.

LE can remove children without a court order though, but only if

There is probable cause to believe that the child is abused or neglected
AND
The child would be injured
OR
The child could not be taken into custody if it were necessary to first obtain a court order.

In a case where a kid went missing, if other kids in the home were removed merely because their sibling or whoever was missing, to "sort things out", (which is just not probable cause in my experience and would not occur), then the arrest of a perp would be enough for the return of the kids at the next dependency court hearing.

I know none of this is relevant to this case at this time but I wanted to clear up the law because it can make a difference for future cases. Removal of children in such cases is generally relevant to the disappearance - typically to what LE knows or is thinking about who is responsible - but, as we have seen, not always. "

Thank you for clearing the CPS issues up, Gitana. I think it's important to keep accurate information out there.

JMO, IMO

P.S. - Imamaze - thank you for fixing the quote. I put the rest of it in italics so that I could separate Gitana's post from mine.

Hi! I'm not sure if you're asking me something or just commenting!!! Sorry!

I'm in an athletic family too, with wrestlers and other martial artists. While I don't see them as Jekyll and Hyde, I do see the fierce, stoic, no-flinching game face in competition. My relatives look terrifying on the mat. But between matches, they shake that off, stretch, etc. That's what I saw in the interrogation room with GG. (But I'm going to quit talking about it because I'm starting to repeat myself too much!).

Another thing about my particular athletic relatives, which include just about every male in my family, is that EVERYTHING is a competition. Everything. Absolutely everything. Drives me crazy. My family happens to be full of nice people who compete - friendly competition - but maybe GG sees life and friendships as not-friendly competitions.

Just thinking aloud...no real point except that I don't think we should dismiss his training as a competitor. I think it plays a role in this thinking and behavior.

*** WARNING - contains some mildly graphic wording ***

Run-on thoughts.....

Having been athletic when I was GG's age and beyond, I can tell you first-hand, there is a mode an athlete enters when approaching sport. There's mental and physical prep, perform, sustain, cool-down. Many athletes of intensive sports tend to appear quiet, relaxed, confident and typically hang with like-minded friends and on occasion, friends of friends. To us, a "jekyl/hyde" analogy is to emphasize the "mild / intense" aspect, not the "good / evil" aspect.

GG appears to be quite muscular. I, too, was muscular at that age but not quite to GG's degree. Either GG has used growth hormones or anabolic steroids or, he simply worked out and / or supplemented with the typical muscle building (legal) regimen many athletes use. Given his appearance and general demeanor (as described in SM and news article comments) I would rule out hormones and steroids (no unusual acne, extra hairy, erratic), as their use tends to inspire atypically aggressive behavior .. although there are exceptions.

Given that, I would separate out the "athlete" element in this case; I suspect the crime would have occurred whether or not GG was a wrestler. There is some other pathology involved. Self-image. Acceptance. Rejection.

GG's answers to ******* questions indicate possible concern with having multiple siblings (or certain siblings). [modsnip] It seems GG is not a stand-out in his seemingly large family? What did he do to garner attention in such a family? How is it that he either sought out or indirectly ended up with a "mentor" outside his own home? Why?

17 year old boys are self-conscious in social situations, some more or less than others. How long could GG get away with using his "wrestling" prowess in social settings? Get's old really fast, but "friends" go along, and after a while the initial "awe" wains and something else must take its place. GG has lost at least one, if not two girlfriends during the past two years .. not unusual but multiple rejections, for some, can be devastating.

I do not believe 6 year old girls tend to "taunt" those older than themselves; I believe they tend to be 'honest' in their observations (as honest they can be on par to what they 'know', 'observe' and do or do not 'understand').

We do not know how nor why GG and JW came to be together that weekend.

No one to date has indicated any / on-going bad interactions between GG and JW, except...

When GG was 15, the mother of an 11 year old girl instructed GG to stay away from her daughter. Why? Inappropriate banter or teasing or simply because of the age difference? Does the daughter have dark hair and eyes similar to JW? Is that his "type"?

How many times can a young male, used to being praised for his athletic prowess on the mat but only "average, nice guy" in social settings, take rejection? Family ups-and-downs (a probably well-respected aunt who passed away), exposure to other 'personalities' (whom we are not permitted to identify) outside the home and most likely, peer pressure along the lines of, "GG, did you get l**d, yet?"

JW "last seen in bed around 2200 hrs Saturday evening", as reporter by JW's father.

JW "not seen around 0700 hrs Sunday morning", as reported by JW's father.

LE indicates forced entry not detected.

Not unusual for JW to be out and about "eating breakfast at [a neighbor's] or eating brunch at [a neighbor's] but it is unusual for JW to be out of the house "so early".

This leads me to conclude this was a crime of opportunity .. but could have been planned / intentional.

GG happened upon JW sometime after Saturday 2200 hrs and perhaps as late as Sunday up to early evening.

We do not know enough about timeline details to properly outline the following....

The crime could have occurred within a vehicle, GG's bedroom or at or near the "muddy bog" location. The vehicle would only provide concealment of the act if parked in a location outside of the MHP. This would allow time to commit, and facilitate an easy method of transport. Time constraint would not permit searching for a concealment location (in the dark of night) outside the MHP (unless premeditated search had already occurred) so the "muddy bog" was probably always the intended concealment location.

After committing, some time passes as GG gathers himself and gathers courage to perform the next step. GG transports JW to the "muddy bog" location. GG either returns to the location of the main crime to retrieve clothing or had already brought JW's clothing .. either way the clothing is inexplicably not hidden with JW.

GG returns home .. cleans up.

I suspect further detail would include time constraint as to between when the main crime was committed and to when concealment occurred. GG was probably rushing .. might explain the clothing not being hidden or perhaps inadvertently dropped along the way.

Upon first detective visit to GG's house his parents reported GG was "home all weekend" but was not emotionally available to meet with detectives nor to provide a DNA sample .. this might seem odd, but if the parents had no reason to suspect their son to be involved in such a crime there would be no urgency to provide DNA? I would want my son to provide the DNA sample, regardless of how emotional he was .. except with GG there is a possible medical condition of "depression" (as assumed by prescribed "anti-depression" medication.)

Depression, to the point where medication is required, indicates it is serious enough to take in to account. Robin Williams (as have many others) committed suicide likely due to severe clinical depression. Could GG have suffered depression to the extent that he was unable to take his own life but instead acted in some other way? This heinous crime?

Your story brought tears to my eyes because it worked out badly when we tried the same thing. I got the kids 'twin' kittens from the pound as a 'moving ' gift. We were moving to a new town and the kids were sad about leaving their school and friends. So we got them 2 adorable kittens. After they were about a year old, the girl kitty was obsessed with trying to get outside. And my daughter, age 6 at the time, lobbied for her. My DD really wanted her kitty to be allowed to go out and play by the lake. But we do have coyotes around at night too. And I did the same thing as you did---I tried hard to dissuade my daughters pleas. Explained what could happen. Told her about the dangers and said NO we cannot let her out.

Anyhow, somehow, the kitty did get out one time. And eventually we gave up trying to keep her in. She was like a Houdini. And then one morning we found her head and her cat collar on the street, out front. It was horrible. Thank good ness they kids didnt see it. But to this day my daughter has felt much GUILT over her kitty's brutal death. And she was mad at me for not preventing it. :cry:

Oh no :( Well my daughter is like ' see , he's fine ' . Fortunately for her, it worked out. I would imagine over all , it works out far more often than it does not .

It has been a very long time since one has hit me like this. Every aspect of this story is worse than the one you heard last it seems. There is no 'silver lining' . There is nothing but darkness. It's just a very rough one.

It's just an overwhelming sense that something is very very wrong. It makes me feel that shaky/anxious/bottom falling out feeling when I get really anxious. Only it's like a more sick feeling.

I can't stop reading about it because I feel like there is something being missed.

Some random thoughts on this case:

The whole "mentoring" thing. I think that's probably been way over-blown. I don't think anyone saw anything in GG they felt motivated to do anything about only because so far, minus the one woman interviewed, no one saw anything wrong or disturbing with GG. I think it was just a nice thing said by a person trying to come up with something positive to say to explain what they thought they were doing for a local kid.

GG at the vigil. I know we can't go certain places but I find it rather striking that it was mentioned by a local who attended the vigil and took pics (Jules? I believe?) that GG was not seen with any of the other teens in the park. Especially not the ones listed on his SM accounts. That says A LOT to me. When my oldest daughter's classmate in 8th grade took her own life, kids and parents were all at the memorial service. NONE of the kids stuck around their parents, they were all with each other. Consoling one another, talking about her, crying together, etc. All the adults stayed at the back of the chapel and let the kids have as much time and space as they needed. A 17 yr old boy hanging around his mother when his "friends" are allegedly present is just weird, no matter how cool mom might be.

About the WHY?! I have two thoughts on that, but only one I will share. It's possible it wasn't planned at ALL but just a spontaneous thing that clearly got way out of hand. Contributing factors could have been drugs, booze, whatever. The fact that the clean up was so sloppy leads me to believe there was no planning at all. Some of her clothes in the woods, his clothes still there in his room, etc. I see panic there, not planning.

About the "but she wasn't supervised". I'm not bashing on the parents at all here (and God help the mother who has to ID her baby girl's underpants - I only hope they hid the bloody area from her, or only showed her a cropped pic, or something) but clearly that doesn't matter anymore one iota. Jenise could have been locked down Fort Knox style and because this kid was SO trusted by the family, he still would have gotten to her, eventually. It wasn't some random stranger, it was a trusted family friend, a kid the Wright's themselves pretty much considered family. We have kids like that, friends of our own kids, that stay over at our house. It's kind of impossible to protect your kids from the evil inside people that *no one* sees.

About the quick forgiveness. I'm a Christian, and that is critical in my faith but honestly, I'm pretty sure even if I said it, it wouldn't be real. My initial reaction if one of my kids were brutalized in this way, would be demanding the monster's head on a flipping spike. Just being honest. For those of you who may have also followed the Tim Bosma case, when his charred remains were found on the Millard property his wife (who is also a devout Christian) still had so much anger and pain, she wasn't throwing around the "forgiveness" word at all. However, what I do and what Sharlene Bosma did and what other people do are all totally different. Some people need to latch on immediately to *something* and if that's it for them, then good for them for finding that anchor that holds their head above water. My good friend once described grief as an onion, with many layers that have to be peeled back and some of them more than once, and none of them ever in any particular order. It's a brutal thing to process the death of someone close to you and everyone does it differently.

That's all I've got.

I believe he was a Sociopathic Pedophile who happened to wrestle and play football. That's all I got.

Don't go there - we'll all end up in therapy. :(

I would like to insert a "queasy" smiley here, but I cannot find one. You know that feeling you get in your gut where you just know so much is off? This case=that feeling.

(My posts keep disappearing, I probably quoted inappropriately again?? :thinking:Sorry!)

What about the baby rabbits and birds?

Have we heard anything more about neighbors feeding Jenise Sunday or letting her in to use the bathroom? Unless LE and the media are repressing such reports I have a difficult time seeing her playing by herself from 7 am on where no one saw her, heard her or let her use their facilities or gave her food. I don't see how that Sunday ever met her.

Snipped for brevity.

Holy hell, bravo. I live in upstate NY and I am trying to guess where this was- canada is a couple hours from my house either across lake Ontario or over to buff and across the border. And at my summer house, it's a two minute boat ride. This wasn't north country by any chance was it? My aunt went to SLU for her psych training. Part of it at least.

Anyway I have a 5 y/o son and I would vomit and then burn it all down if I had to hear what you did. I give you a lot of credit for what you do.

Have we heard anything more about neighbors feeding Jenise Sunday or letting her in to use the bathroom? Unless LE and the media are repressing such reports I have a difficult time seeing her playing by herself from 7 am on where no one saw her, heard her or let her use their facilities or gave her food. I don't see how that Sunday ever met her.

I Agree about the Sunday 'problem.' Why hasn't anyone said they fed her, saw her, gave her water or walked with her somewhere if she was out from 7am until after dark. They only way that makes sense is if she met up with GG at 7 am and they stayed hidden until he threw her in the bog. :cry:

I always keep coming back to Saturday night as being the tragic time.

School's about to start. Yes, the kids are with their sister, but that's not the same as being back home with their family, where they can attend the same school. The older sister lives out of town.

IMHO if there were problems so severe to keep the kids from returning home, I doubt that they would have been placed with relatives that have been on TV saying the kids should get to go home.

The relative they were placed with is their sister, so I'm not shocked that she's saying the kids should get to go home.

I'm not quite understanding the part of your post I bolded.

Are you saying that because the relative has been on TV saying the kids should go home, then the problems at that home aren't severe?

:sick:

This was the first case where I really realized in a gut level, not just in my head (because duh), that when I had been cozy in my apartment, pondering which can of beans to pop open for dinner, someone was being killed. It takes my breath away. :(

That happened to me when Gary Ridgeway (the Green River Killer) was busy hunting victims to brutalize, I was busy being worried about which jeans to wear the next day and if I'd flip my hair or wear it curly. To this day, I think about exactly what I was doing whenever I read a case where someone was murdered. I probably couldn't even count how many times this has happened. It definitely does give you pause for thought and that's a really GOOD thing.

Thanks Katydid23. It's very scary, my daughters 25 and believes she can make a difference. The clients are court ordered ...so either Juvie or self contained Behavioral Health. They don't want to be there, they don't like the rules or having to take their meds. This isn't the first time she's been assaulted, she frequently has bruises and bite marks.

She does have one client that's afraid of the dark, so she sits outside his door and reads to him until he falls asleep. She has such a good heart. I know she's making a difference, I just worry she'll be hurt.

BBM

What a tender hearted daughter you have. I would be so proud :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members