Found Deceased WA - Karen Koep, and Davido, adults, car found Olympia, welfare check 13 Nov 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
Nov 15, 2023 article - indicates missing under suspicious circumstances.

[…]

The couple’s car was later found in Olympia near 67th Avenue Southeast and Rainier Road Southeast.

Koep owns a chiropractic business in town, according to Thurston County Sheriff’s Lt. Mike Brooks.

The couple has two adult sons.

[…]

If anyone has information about Koep and Davido’s disappearance, they are urged to contact the sheriff’s office at detectives@co.thurston.wa.us or through dispatch at (360) 704-2740.

Police hunt for Washington couple who mysteriously vanished in 'suspicious' circumstances after being called to a welfare check at their home​

• Anxious friends called police when dedicated Washington chiropractor Karen Koep did not turn up for work on Monday
  • Police found no trace of her or landlord husband Davido, but discovered their car five miles away at the start of a hiking trail
  • Police are withholding details in the 'suspicious' case as friends demand to help with the search

"We have no direction to go," said Mike Brooks, Thurston County Lieutenant.

Brooks said the office is not releasing all of the details about the case, but said detectives consider the disappearance to be an isolated case.

He said evidence found inside the couple's Olympia home made investigators think the couple was missing together.

Brooks said Lacey Police did arrest someone who was in possession of something that belonged to the couple on Monday night, but the person was released. Brooks said it is not clear the person had the couple's permission to have that property.

Brooks said that person is a tenant of a property owned by the couple.

Dutton said her sister and brother-in-law have a great relationship and have been together for more than 30 years.

“It doesn’t appear that they went willingly,” Pauline Dutton told The Post of her sister, 62-year-old Karen Koep, and her husband, Davido, who were both reported missing on Monday.

Davido legally changed his name to the single moniker from David William Cannizzo at some point in the 1990s, a court summary viewed by The Post indicated.

The 68-year-old had a criminal record including charges of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, public records showed.

“I fear for that, but it seems like it was so long ago…but you never know,” Dutton said when asked if she thought Davido’s past troubles may be related to the couple’s vanishing.

The Thurston County Sheriff’s office did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for a comment.

Brooks said the office is not releasing all of the details about the case, but said detectives consider the disappearance to be an isolated case.

He said evidence found inside the couple's Olympia home made investigators think the couple was missing together.

Brooks said Lacey Police did arrest someone who was in possession of something that belonged to the couple on Monday night, but the person was released. Brooks said it is not clear the person had the couple's permission to have that property.

Dutton said her sister and brother-in-law have a great relationship and have been together for more than 30 years.

“It doesn’t appear that they went willingly,” Pauline Dutton told The Post of her sister, 62-year-old Karen Koep, and her husband, Davido, who were both reported missing on Monday.

Davido legally changed his name to the single moniker from David William Cannizzo at some point in the 1990s, a court summary viewed by The Post indicated.

The 68-year-old had a criminal record including charges of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, public records showed.

“I fear for that, but it seems like it was so long ago…but you never know,” Dutton said when asked if she thought Davido’s past troubles may be related to the couple’s vanishing.

The Thurston County Sheriff’s office did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for a comment.

The fact that they don't have a last name for the husband is weird. Surely if they're legally married, his last name can be found?

"Davido legally changed his name to the single moniker from David William Cannizzo at some point in the 1990s, a court summary viewed by The Post indicated.

“I fear for that, but it seems like it was so long ago…but you never know,” Dutton said when asked if she thought Davido’s past troubles may be related to the couple’s vanishing."

Popular Washington state chiropractor, husband missing in ‘suspicious’ circumstances — family believes couple may have been abducted

Karen Koep, 62, and her husband, identified only as Davido, were listed as missing on Monday.
nypost.com
nypost.com

Who put the sign on the door???

Snipped...
...When FOX 13 visited Koep's office, flowers lined the wall with a sign on the door that said, "Due to an emergency, Lacey Chiropractic is currently closed."

"Davido legally changed his name to the single moniker from David William Cannizzo at some point in the 1990s, a court summary viewed by The Post indicated.

“I fear for that, but it seems like it was so long ago…but you never know,” Dutton said when asked if she thought Davido’s past troubles may be related to the couple’s vanishing."

Popular Washington state chiropractor, husband missing in ‘suspicious’ circumstances — family believes couple may have been abducted

Karen Koep, 62, and her husband, identified only as Davido, were listed as missing on Monday.
nypost.com
nypost.com
I wanted to respond to this article when it was posted, but I found myself rather speechless. From the linked court document, Davido was appealing in 1998, so presumably the cocaine charges were more than 25 years ago. Has he had any further legal trouble since then?

Obviously the bizarre name change only made the media more curious, they might not have immediately looked for a 25 year old court record for a John Smith, say.

Snipped...
...When FOX 13 visited Koep's office, flowers lined the wall with a sign on the door that said, "Due to an emergency, Lacey Chiropractic is currently closed."

The office manager, most likely. MOO

If he changed his name almost 30 years ago, it's likely unrelated to anything in my opinion. I did note he was stated to own several rental properties as a landlord. I have a stepbrother that owned several small homes as rentals in Seattle 10 years ago and finally sold them all after various troubles with tenants including property damage and threats (after being notified of evictions). NOT saying the missing man had such troubles but it is likely something LE would look at.

Snipped...

Her coworkers probably put the sign on the door. They are the ones who alerted LE when Koep didn't show up for work.

Koep's sister, Pauline Dutton said the family is trying to remain hopeful the couple will be found safe.

Their car was found at a trailhead. In other cases when someone is missing and their car is at a trailhead, it seems like LE begins to search the trail, thinking the missing person may have gotten lost on a hike. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening here. I haven't found any information about LE searching the trail. There isn't a search and rescue team being deployed, no community searches of the area or trail system being organized, etc. LE must have some other information that leads them to believe this is a suspicious disappearance and not lost hikers. MOO!

I wanted to respond to this article when it was posted, but I found myself rather speechless. From the linked court document, Davido was appealing in 1998, so presumably the cocaine charges were more than 25 years ago. Has he had any further legal trouble since then?

Obviously the bizarre name change only made the media more curious, they might not have immediately looked for a 25 year old court record for a John Smith, say.
Unless he was currently engaged, I do think this is a red herring.

Police are continuing to search for the couple, who they said disappeared under "suspicious" circumstances, but did not provide additional details.

When Dutton was asked about the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, she said she couldn't comment out of fear of compromising the investigation. She said she was not aware of any problems the couple was having prior to their disappearance.

In the video, it says LE found suspicious evidence in their home. I wonder what that is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back