WA WA - Laurie Partridge, 17, Spokane, 4 Dec 1974

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bundy did prefer women with long, straight hair, but some of his victims were blondes - Susan Rancourt, Janice Ott, Nancy Wilcox, Sue Curtis, Lisa Levy.

I don't think he was involved Laurie's disappearance, though.

Im not sure-maybe someone she knew.We thought maybe Ted Bundy - but he was in utah at the time.

Actually Bundy was in the area of Seattle according to the police Timeline

12-06-74 (00:00)
BOUGHT GAS, SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
WROTE CHECK, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

If he drove 600+ miles one day, nothing saying he didn't twice..not saying he did it, but just putting it out there.

PS, this is my first post, so hope this is okay.

I don't think Bundy was the culprit. Wasn't Laurie spotted in a car with 2 men?

Sad news somewhat unrelated. Suzanne Crough, who played the youngest daughter Tracy on the Partridge Family television show, died today at the age of 52 of unknown causes. Very young indeed. I mention this because Laurie Partridge went missing just months after the show had ended and the show had a character also named Laurie Partridge. I've always wondered if any of the cast knew about Laurie's disappearance. Now that Suzanne is gone, sadly she won't ever get closure on this if she ever knew of this case. RIP Suzanne Crough 1963-2015. I only hope one day we will find the truth about what happened to Laurie that day.

http://7online.com/entertainment/partridge-family-star-dead-at-52/685361/

Laurie has been missing for 41 years.

Laurie Partridge Missing from Spokane, WA - Facebook Page

Today marks the 41st year that Laurie was abducted while walking home from school. To this day, her body has not been recovered and her abductor has never been caught!

It is a sad day for those who Love Laurie and want justice for her!

We are asking for Prayers today - *For Whoever took her to come forward and/or that anyone who knows anything about her abduction come forward*

As her oldest living sister, her unnecessary absence all these years has left me with unanswered questions and a deep feeling of sadness for a life gone too soon.

They've been showing Laurie's picture everyday, multiple times a day on the Justice network (channel 301 on Comcast.) During the commercial break John Walsh shows her picture & asks for information on Lauries' disappearance. I'm not sure if it's broadcast only in Spokane or if it's national. I figured you were aware of it already, but in case you don't live in Spokane anymore I just thought I'd let ya know. I hope you & your family can get some answers soon. Her abduction is a huge black eye on Spokane. This case was already cold when I was born in '82. I can't even fathom what you've been through as a family.

Stanley Bersen who is imprisoned in WA State for the abduction & murder of another young woman who he buried in a shallow grave, lived close to where Laurie disappeared from if I remember correctly. He was a produce salesman I think. Personally, Bernsen has always seemed like a viable suspect to me. And he's definitely a lesser known dirtbag. And I doubt he had just one victim. Dena
The question of the hour is, did Bersen own a green Pinto station wagon or Vega station wagon/kammback?
If not, it's unlikely that it was him (although I certainly wouldn't clear him on that basis alone).

The question of the hour is, did Bersen own a green Pinto station wagon or Vega station wagon/kammback?
If not, it's unlikely that it was him (although I certainly wouldn't clear him on that basis alone).

There's another unsolved kidnapping case in Spokane from 1970 that involved a green station wagon. David Willoughby was abducted and murdered by a man driving a green Rambler wagon I believe. I wonder if the car was misidentified in one of these cases? Seems pretty coincidental to have two kidnappings in one smallish sized town with a very similar vehicle description. But keep in mind no one knows for sure if Laurie was actually in the car described, it could've just been someone who resembled her. David was positively seen though- he was trying to escape, kicking and screaming. The women who witnessed this thought it was just a kid throwing a tantrum and the man was his father. The spot he was seen at is about the halfway point between where he was taken on Sunset hill and where his body was dumped in a Pend Oreille county park. Just spit balling here..

Wondering how unusual it is for a perp to abduct someone then steal and actually use their tickets to a concert?
Could a clue be found somehow from people who attended that show?

If the sighting of a green car is accurate, wondering if someone has photos of the parking lots outside the Beach Boys concert venue, if so, maybe the image/licence plate could have been captured in the background?
imo.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/partridge_laurie.html

partridge_laurie1.jpg
partridge_laurie2.jpg
partridge_laurie3.jpg
partridge_laurie4.jpg

Missing Since December 4, 1974 from Spokane, Spokane County, Washington

Classification:Missing/Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth:May 31, 1957

Height:5'0"

Weight:110 lbs
Hair Color:Blonde/Strawberry

Eye Color:Blue
Race:White
Distinguishing Characteristics:Brown mole on right cheek

Clothing:She was wearing a long, navy blue coat with a hood.
A tan v-neck sweater and burgundy/tan plaid pants. Her shoes were faded
blue oxford denim with a crepe sole. She carried a brown leather purse
with a blue flower design and a braided shoulder strap.

She was reported missing after she failed to show up at home> or for work that night at Lincoln Heights Theater. She was last seen walking south on Havana St. between 43rd and 49th Avenues.

Laurie had two general seating Beach Boys concert tickets scheduled for Dec. 9, 1974 (that her father had bought her) in her purse at the time of her abduction, later it was discovered that the tickets were used. But authorities were unable to determine who used them.
rbbm.

Attachments

• partridge_laurie4.jpg
    partridge_laurie4.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 45
I read that the family were fairly new to the area having moved from Fountain Valley, California. Did she have a boyfriend in High school there before moving to Spokane? Maybe he found out she'd met someone new and was angry about it.

I read that the family were fairly new to the area having moved from Fountain Valley, California. Did she have a boyfriend in High school there before moving to Spokane? Maybe he found out she'd met someone new and was angry about it.

Yes, she did have a boyfriend in California. She then moved to Spokane & met a new boy and was engaged to be married to the new beau. I've read that her Cali boyfriend was known to be in California on the day she was abducted. Therefore he was eliminated as a suspect.

In above post a green car was referenced,but in 2011 a different witness noticed a white truck, maybe one of those would be more likely to stand out near a concert area?..

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold...-years-after-washington-teen-vanishes-n688811

In 2011, detectives announced they had a new witness who said he had seen Laurie several hours after she left to walk home talking to a white male in his 40s or 50s near a white truck with a van backend and a dark door.

A"white truck with a van back end" sounds like an unusual vehicle to me. How rare would something like that have been in 1974 in Washington State?

She may have been killed by warren Forrest who killed Martha Morrison and carol valenzuela in 1974. He may have also killed Jaimie Grissim in 1971 and Andria Ann Bailey in 1979. Andria Ann bailey and Jaimie Grissim remain missing. The remains of Martha morrsion and carol Valenzuela were found on October 12th 1974. Valenzuela was identified immediately but Morrison remained unidentified for 41 years.

She may have been killed by warren Forrest who killed Martha Morrison and carol valenzuela in 1974. He may have also killed Jaimie Grissim in 1971 and Andria Ann Bailey in 1979. Andria Ann bailey and Jaimie Grissim remain missing. The remains of Martha morrsion and carol Valenzuela were found on October 12th 1974. Valenzuela was identified immediately but Morrison remained unidentified for 41 years.
Warren Forrest is not the one who abducted Laurie. He was in prison when she was kidnapped. Her case could be linked to the disappearance of Marla Jean Thomas who vanished 7 days after Laurie did in Anacortes, WA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back