WA WA - Lena Lang, 35, Olympic NP, Crescent Lake 27 MAY 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They are now saying her raft was last seen over turned on the west side of Barnes Point.

NPS Investigative Services Branch

Oh, that's not good news. :(

61299486_1018110785053736_7356932941122895872_o.png

The float should be easy to spot since it should, er, float. Just realised this story is from two days ago and am surprised they haven't found any sign of her. It is a huge lake though.

My 9 year old daughter just spotted me reading this and asked what happened and if the lady has died. I said we didn't know yet, and she replied "well... if I had to choose a way to die, it would be floating away on a unicorn"

Aww what your girl said is so beautiful and poetic.

Thank you for the update! Lena is a close friend of mine from work. We all have so many questions about her whereabouts. We checked out at work on Sunday evening at the same time and she was really excited about using her new Unicorn Float on Monday. I hope more info comes out soon. We miss you so much, Lena!

Thank you for the update! Lena is a close friend of mine from work. We all have so many questions about her whereabouts. We checked out at work on Sunday evening at the same time and she was really excited about using her new Unicorn Float on Monday. I hope more info comes out soon. We miss you so much, Lena!

Sorry to hear you know Lena, it must be such a shock. The lake is quite a way from where Lena lives, is it usual for people to go all the way up there for the day? (I speak from England, we're a bit wussy about distances compared to you guys! )

Sorry to hear you know Lena, it must be such a shock. The lake is quite a way from where Lena lives, is it usual for people to go all the way up there for the day? (I speak from England, we're a bit wussy about distances compared to you guys! )

Thanks! It’s very common to travel an hour or two or more away from home for a day trip.

Any locals familiar with this lake? Is it dangerous in any way or calm? Are there little islands in it? Is it relatively big? Is swimming popular there?

From my experience, this lake can be dangerous because of wind, especially if on a float. About 6 years ago my 25 year old daughter at a family gathering and late evening, yet still light, was on the lake with her cousins on her own float and the wind started to pick up, her cousins came back to camp and told "us adults" that she could not make it back to shore. I was horrified. My brother in law had a paddle board and paddled out to her, she was way out there at that point and they really, really struggled to get back to shore. It was very scary especially because it was now almost dark out. Lake Crescent is beautiful, as are the campgrounds.

If Lena's float was found on the lake but not her I would fear the worst, unless she was abducted or disappeared purposely on her own. Some interesting stories about that lake and what has been recovered over the years or what still might be there.

Car Mystery Solved After 72 Years

This is sort of a cool story and also includes information about the lake

Last edited:
welcome, @WilsonJW ! :) did lena have a plan to take the raft to this particular lake to try it out? (had she mentioned going there specifically)? or do you think it was more of a spur of the moment, pull over the car and hop in the lake on the raft- type of spontaneous decision?

From my experience, this lake can be dangerous because of wind, especially if on a float. About 6 years ago my 25 year old daughter at a family gathering and late evening, yet still light, was on the lake with her cousins on her own float and the wind started to pick up, her cousins came back to camp and told "us adults" that she could not make it back to shore. I was horrified. My brother in law had a paddle board and paddled out to her, she was way out there at that point and they really, really struggled to get back to shore. It was very scary especially because it was now almost dark out. Lake Crescent is beautiful, as are the campgrounds. If Lena's float was found on the lake but not her I would fear the worst, unless she was abducted or disappeared purposely on her own. Some interesting stories about that lake and what gets recovered....
Wow, well I'm glad that they were able to rescue her! In my opinion, someone probably took Lena because they've had divers looking in the lake since Wed morning. It's very clear water so I think if there was a body in there, they would've found it by now.
Also, unless she was injured and got amnesia or something and she's somewhere in the forest, I think she'd see everyone looking and go over there. Apparently the floatie was spotted down stream on the shore without her. But it was gone later. So someone must've come along and grabbed that at some point.

welcome, @WilsonJW ! :) did lena have a plan to take the raft to this particular lake to try it out? (had she mentioned going there specifically)? or do you think it was more of a spur of the moment, pull over the car and hop in the lake on the raft- type of spontaneous decision?
I heard she was excited to use it and talked about the trip ahead of time. I was off work on Sunday.

It's very clear water so I think if there was a body in there, they would've found it by now.

RSBM: Respectfully, I don't know whether to use the words"disagree" or "factually inaccurate" and I know much of what we type here is personal opinion... and we also must be delicate as friends and family may read here but... if she had an accident on the lake and passed out, for example, and her body began to sink, it could be a very very long time before she was found (especially since the lake is very cold and very deep), were that the case... Bodies don't float right away and when (and if) they do surface, they usually then sink again. I share this link (and there are others): http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

having said all that, I am hoping she got out on the other side of the lake and is waiting for help...

Is there any actual confirmation she was at the lake that day? Was the friend she was with anyone she might get into a fight with? Romantic partner perhaps?

RSBM: Respectfully, I don't know whether to use the words"disagree" or "factually inaccurate" and I know much of what we type here is personal opinion... and we also must be delicate as friends and family may read here but... if she had an accident on the lake and passed out, for example, and her body began to sink, it could be a very very long time before she was found (especially since the lake is very cold and very deep), were that the case... Bodies don't float right away and when (and if) they do surface, they usually then sink again. I share this link (and there are others): http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

having said all that, I am hoping she got out on the other side of the lake and is waiting for help...

Is there any actual confirmation she was at the lake that day? Was the friend she was with anyone she might get into a fight with? Romantic partner perhaps?
Yeah I hope so too. She’s a coworker of mine. We do have the friend’s name now but I don’t think they had anything to do with it. No current significant other and ex was already ruled out by authorities.

How does the NPS know the age of the missing woman unless its an estimate based on eye witness accounts. If the NPS does know her age or not they should have a brief description of her or at least her race. I hope the woman left some personal items on the beach which might help identify her.
never mind, she is a real person. Sorry!

Any locals familiar with this lake? Is it dangerous in any way or calm? Are there little islands in it? Is it relatively big? Is swimming popular there?
I didn't see anyone mention islands- something I am wondering myself. Does anyone know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back