Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on this thread.

Can someone who is more savvy with MySpace than I am explain what these MS updates mean?

#
Jun 22

Lindsey Baum added the SmallWorlds app.
Lindsey Baum added the Sorority Life app.
Lindsey Baum added the SuperHug! app.

Lindsey and I have the same birthday - 7/7. I've always considered 7 to be my lucky number and hope it will be for Lindsey!

Hi
They just look like myspace applications that you can add...
Like i have the Sorority Life app on my facebook page...
It's kinda like a game that i have my own character on.
I don't know if that helps or not :)

I wanted to say also that i was looking around on "Fiesty"s myspace page just now and i noticed there was a comment from another friend called "Purple Sunglasses"....
I'm sure you guys saw this, but she was saying how she saw that Lindsey's myspace said "online" and she was scared of who it was :(
I clicked on her pic and went to her page too.
It was private, but her status says: PurpleSunglasses Pray for my best friend Lindsey Baum. Why did this have to happen to her? She is such a good person, she dont desereve this.PRAY FOR LINDSEY

So sad :( :(
Lindsey.....where are you?????

You're right, kids are not kids for very long anymore. IMO this is what technology has done to our kids. Unless you keep your kids in a bubble, no amount of parental supervision is going to keep our children shielded from the things inappropriate to their ages.

I'm all for bubbles personally....

Why didn't she just call and see if she could spend the night? She has a cell phone, but didn't take it with her??

Check the Williams guy who lives with KK.

Evidently, she walked her friend home, with the hope of spending the night there. Ironic, isn't it, that nobody walked her back home.

Nancy Grace's guests tightened up the timeline a bit tonight. From the show, it looks like the brother was at home with mom so he wasn't out running around when she went missing. I guess that takes him out of the equation. I guess that's why LE says the family has been cleared. However, they have been asked to take polygraphs and have agreed to do so, but it hasn't been done yet.

It's starting to look like she got to the intersection where the Shell station is and vanished. The Shell station's video does not pick her up. I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that the area is rural and a bit remote but it isn't far from some major highways so they can't rule out someone driving to that intersection and then making a quick getaway.

I was so angry when she started talking about MJ again. Glad to see she is now covering Lindsey's case tho. Some is better than none.

I'm in central California and it was covered here last night on the 11 o'clock news so I'm hoping that the story is starting to get picked up by more outlets.

Thanks, soyesterday!

I remember reading on a WS thread (sorry, can't remember which one) about some MS apps like Sorority Life (not this one specifically) and that these kind of apps. were kind of shady for users? Does anyone know more about this?

I know i have read two different articles stating two different things.

Melissa Lindsey's mom said in an article that she went down there to see if her friend could come stay the night with her. that they were going to start rereading the harry potter series aloud and she wanted her friend to be there also.

Then I have seen another article where Kara (BF mom) is stating that Lindsey came down there to see if she could stay the night with them.

So which is it? Who is telling the truth?

Social networking sites used in search for Lindsey Baum, missing WA girl
June 30, 6:32 PM
<snipped>
Lindsey Baum, a 10-year-old Washington state girl, has been missing since the evening of Friday, June 26. Social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, individual blogs, and the eHow community forums are all being used to get the word out about her disappearance.

Not long ago, people counted on radio and television news and newspapers to communicate the details and contact information of missing children.

Lindsey was last seen near a neighbor's house in her hometown of McClearly, a small town with a population of 1,555 in western Washington.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-14172-Onl...ed-in-search-for-Lindsey-Baum-missing-WA-girl

:angel:

Thanks, soyesterday!

I remember reading on a WS thread (sorry, can't remember which one) about some MS apps like Sorority Life (not this one specifically) and that these kind of apps. were kind of shady for users? Does anyone know more about this?

Oh really?
I hadn't heard that :(
I have the Sorority Life app!
So what did you hear?
I't's kind of shady for users?
Can you explain that more? I'd really like to know....

Thanks, soyesterday!

I don't think that games like SL are shady in and of themselves, but like any tool they can be abused I am sure. In the case of Nevaeh Buchanan, there was a bogus fund raising myspace that had bunches of friends, we established that person was using online social networks to gather hundreds of friends instantly. Unfortunately, apps like SL got lumped into that because those networks are used by some of the folks who also play these games, and the bogus ms user in that case had SL listed as an active application.

There are tons of people who are involved in things like SL for legit gaming.

I just saw this disturbing comment, which follows an article about the search for Lindsey, at King5.com, here:

http://www.king5.com/topstories/sto...-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

>>> snip

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:
NN1, AND SUMITHRYO, I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!

<<<snip

I hope for Lindsey's sake that this is not true, but I hope LE will check out this poster's story, even more.

OMG this is very disturbing!
What does it mean????

UPDATE: Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished
Published June 30, 2009
<snipped>
Police in this community of about 1,500 had no leads Monday on what happened to 10-year-old Lindsey Baum after she left her friend&#8217;s house on Maple Street by herself Friday evening to walk about a half-mile to her home on Mommsen Road.

The mother of Lindsey&#8217;s 10-year-old best friend said Lindsey&#8217;s disappearance hasn&#8217;t really sunk in for her daughter.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t think she quite understands the seriousness of it,&#8221; said Kara Kempen on Monday in front of her home.

The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. &#8211; about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn&#8217;t gone down.

Lindsey was wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses.

LOOKING BACK

Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey&#8217;s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day &#8211; a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.

Kempen said her daughter Michaela had spent Friday with Lindsey and a group of other girls, swimming at a friend&#8217;s pool before they returned to the home on Maple Street. Kempen said her daughter and Lindsey were &#8220;almost inseparable&#8221; and loved to spend time together talking about &#8220;10-year-old girl stuff, boys and music, school occasionally.&#8221;

Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. &#8220;They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.&#8221;

WHAT&#8217;S NEXT

Sgt. Jim Dunn of the Thurston County Sheriff&#8217;s Office said Monday afternoon that there are still bodies of water that the dive team has not checked, including swamps southwest of town.

Scott said investigators can&#8217;t rule out the possibility that Baum was abducted, or that she may have simply run off. He said investigators are desperately trying to find information that can narrow their search. &#8220;We don&#8217;t have a most-likely scenario at this point,&#8221; he said.

SEARCH SO FAR

Scott said investigators are still following up by interviewing not only sex offenders who live in town, but transient sex offenders and offenders who have connections to McCleary. So far none of those interviews has yielded any concrete leads, he said.

Investigators have taken Lindsey&#8217;s computer into evidence, Scott added. Police have checked her MySpace page and the phone numbers she dialed and received on her cell phone without finding any new leads, he said.

A search of Lindsey&#8217;s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie &#8220;Twilight,&#8221; Scott said.

Scott said detectives have contacted Lindsey&#8217;s father in Tennesee, and there are no custodial issues between him and Lindsey&#8217;s mother, Melissa Baum. There is no reason to believe he had anything to do with Lindsey&#8217;s disappearance, Scott said.

Police did not issue an Amber Alert for Lindsey after her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. Friday, Scott said. Scott said an Amber Alert wasn&#8217;t issued because police had &#8211; and still have &#8211; no evidence that she was abducted.

The search for Lindsey continues today, Scott said. &#8220;We&#8217;ve been working everybody until the early evenings to the point of exhaustion,&#8221; Scott added.

Scott said &#8220;there hasn&#8217;t been a case like this for years anywhere in the county.&#8221;

Photos: Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/v-standalone/story/896613.html

Article:
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

:angel:

Red by me.

She was seen at 8:15 pm with a group of girls in a video store, renting movies. I guess they decided to not watch the movies they rented?

Her brother left their home before her, but not before a dispute over her using his bike. What time of day was that, because

K. Kempen says she spent Friday, one would assume the day, not the afternoon, or evening, since it says "Friday" with her daughter and a group of girls.

So what time did she leave home to spend the day with her friends?
Why did they rent movies that they weren't going to watch?
When did she allegedly borrow the bike that day, and get back home, to argue with her brother about her taking it?
Why did her mother wait until 10:50 to call 911?
Last seen at 9:15 pm.

Was she expected to be home before dark?
Did she have to check in, or keep her mom informed of her whereabouts, at all, ever?
When was the last time her mom saw or heard from her?

That's all the questions I have for now.
as always, moo.

ETA; um, yeah, no Amber Alert b/c no evidence of an abduction?
um, let's see, no one has seen her, and she hasn't been heard from, and she hasn't been found.
Dogs couldn't get a scent of her, anywhere?
I think there is every evidence of an abduction.
It's the most logical scenario, even if it was not a stranger. She didn't just walk off into the sunset folks. good grief, gmab. Let's have some common sense here, LE.

hmmm....maybe Lindsey did make it home.....and something happened there.

Where is the rest of the family? Dad, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents? If one of my children were missing my whole family would be out searching.. Especially Dad why has he not flown up there to search for his daughter? If i were him I would sell everything I owned to get the money to get up there and search for my child. am I missing something? Where is the family?

hmmm....maybe Lindsey did make it home.....and something happened there.

If she did, she wasn't captured on the Shell station surveillance...I suppose she could have gotten in the car with someone.

Why couldn't the dogs get a scent?
Did they not get a scent at all?
Did the dogs all have colds?
moo

It's being reported in Canada, so that's a good sign that word is starting to get out.

If she did make it home, and something tragic happened there, it would have called for a lot of very quick thinking to get it covered up before she was reported. i don't think she made it home. Course, I also don't think she was kidnapped, so I am in the minority here.
With that said, I do feel she is danger now, but did not start off that way.

OMG this is very disturbing!
What does it mean????

If it's ok to post it without going back to find it, my interpretation of an earlier post by the same poster MLAChester, was that LB had called 911 from poster's home to report abuse, followed by LE coming to poster's home, putting LB in their car and driving her home, instead of removing her from the home. The poster does not mention the type of abuse, that I can remember. fwiw.

The quote from the poster MLAChester was he/she responding to posts about his/her post from NN1, smuithryo, and Scanner.
:)

MlaChester does not give a date, iirc, of this experience, and we don't know who mlaChester is, or where they live. We don't know if this info is true, or false.

We do have LB's myspace, which mentions her happiness that her brother was going to "Juvie" dated 6/17 which gives some credence to MlaChester's post, fwiw. jmo
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member