WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking she was abducted myself. JMHO.

I think it happened on Maple Street. I think given that the dogs did not get a scent it's a good possibility she was taken by someone in a car. (I'm aware that there are times in the past that good scent dogs can pick up a scent when someone travels by car, but many times they can't).

Just my opinion, subject to change.

Directly from the mouth of LE:

(this article had been posted before on this thread: http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt )

That might help give us an idea about that intersection and it's use friday night eyes.

The town hall was on the map - unbelievable she would be taken with a police station in sight! Maybe the person didn't know (meaning not a local) or was sure he would never be a suspect. The people on her facebook seem so old to me - as others have pointed out, she would be comfortable with an older man, especially one who played into her feeling of fear (why would she accept a ride being so close to home). Perps have an extra sense about vulnerablity. Maybe she, for some reason, missed the videos at Shell, and was much closer to home when disappearing.

How busy can that corner be at 9:15 on a Friday night in a logging town? We know kids are out - but what about adults? I couldn't find a movie theater near by. Have a nice day everyone and kudos to all of you for the great sleuthing!

Is there a mod in the house or should I say thread?
KK has contacted me and is interested in coming on the thread and talking with us but I want to make sure it's ok and that everyone on here knows that she is a teenager.

Quick Facts Per Articles

Last seen- Friday 6/26/09, on Maple Street

Last seen by- Michaela Campen

The girls were at Michaela's home around 9:30 Friday night, hoping Lindsay could sleep over.

"I told her you need to head home, it's getting dark soon, a half hour of light left. She put on her shoes and headed home," said Kara Campen.

A friend (not identified yet) walked with her half way home.

Lindsay was alone for that nearly half-mile walk

Her mother called police shortly before 11:00 (reported 10:50pm) Friday night to report her missing.

Officers have contacted nearby registered sex offenders, revealing no clues.

The family says Lindsay argued with her older brother earlier in the day Friday and her parents recently divorced. But the family firmly believes neither was related to her disappearance.

“I just need my daughter home,” said Melissa Baum, mother of Lindsey Baum. “Lindsey, please come home, you’re not in trouble.”

Melissa Baum said Lindsey wasn’t angry Friday night, and left without money, a change of clothes or her cellphone. Police have searched for the girl in the homes of her friends, in case she had been “hiding out.”

Baum called her daughter a “mama’s girl,” and said the two were re-reading the Harry Potter books aloud to prepare for the upcoming movie. Lindsey wanted to have her friend over to read with them, and left while it was still light out.

Melissa Baum said she is afraid someone has taken her daughter, and taken her away from McCleary.

So mummy lied - it was dark at 9:15 according to many sunset maps. Also, the brother was not the last one to see Lindsey. I wish I had more info on the friend that last saw her, but have no suspicions on her. Why didn't mummy go pick her up?? Mummy asks her to come home at 9:30, and calls 911 shortly before 11:00 PM. wTF?? Why didn't she go looking herself (do we know)? Did she call the friends house? Or....didn't she care?

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_062809WAB-Mccleary-girl-missing-sun-SW.165195dd.html

Another negligent mother IMHO.

Mel

I heard that Lindsey's mom didn't have a working car right now....
That's why she didn't go pick her up :(
I would have walked to get her then.....definately....:(

O/T....
you all keep talking on here about being "groomed"....
i was abused for 7 years by my step father when i was a teenager....
i just recently learned that word....
i had never heard it before....i mean as far as having to do w/ this stuff....
until i decided to finally do something about it...
i realized that i coudln't live w/ it if he ever did this to anyone else....
and my hope was that at least he could be registered as a RSO cuz people have the right to know so they can be extra careful....
but anyway when i decided all this, that's when the word came up....
but you all seem very familiar w/ that term.....

Nothing new being reported.

3 scenarios
1.stranger abduction on Maple or at intersection
2.familiar person she trusted
3.brother

Where do we go from here?

I should think 9.30 on a Friday night in summer would still be a busy time - people leaving/going to movies/pubs, coming home from 3rd shift, out for walks, etc, etc.

KK has contacted me and is interested in coming on the thread and talking with us but I want to make sure it's ok and that everyone on here knows that she is a teenager.

:waitasec:

I thought KK was the Mother of the child who's home Lindsey visited prior to leaving and disappearing along Maple street? I'm confused.

How old is KK? I thought she was an adult. Lindsey's friends mother?

:waitasec:

I thought KK was the Mother of the child who's home Lindsey visited prior to leaving and disappearing along Maple street? I'm confused.

Yes, Kara K. ( remember the news article spelled her friend's surname incorrectly with a "C" )

I should think 9.30 on a Friday night in summer would still be a busy time - people leaving/going to movies/pubs, coming home from 3rd shift, out for walks, etc, etc.

Could be pearseha - but I was thinking of men who are alone (I'm thinking abduction). I don't know the town other than people saying everybody knows one another - all is friendly. So - what happened? Somebody was out at 9:15 or around that time wanting a child. Guess I'm trying to figure out why that person would be in or around the Shell gas station. Was she grabbed or coaxed? Local or transient? familiar or stranger? This child has been missing since Friday night - hope they find her soon.

What does the layout of RSO's look like in relation to Lindsey's house?

RSOlist.jpg

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Remember when it was reported in an article that there was a S. Williams that said he was the one that sent Lindsey home because it was getting ready to get dark?

Then a later article said it was KK that told her to go home because it was getting dark?

I wonder if SW and KK reside together? Just a thought.

Also I did a search within the court system in WA and in Grays Harbor District (county in which McCleary is found I believe?) and there is a S. Williams listed (might not be him though you know?) I don't know how to find out what the reason was for the court case, it could be something as innocent as unpaid parking tickets IMHO.

I'm still looking for info on KK, just because...even though she may not have had anything to do with the disappearance did she had associates that may have? Just some thoughts I'm having today.

I don't understand why Lindsey's mother wasn't called to pick her up or someone where she was visiting didn't just drive her home that late in the evening.... :waitasec:

Expert: Missing girl likely went with someone she knew
12:22 PM PDT on Wednesday, July 1, 2009
<snipped>
McCLEARY, Wash. -- A national expert helping in the search for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum says someone Lindsey knew might be responsible for her disappearance.

"Based on the information I have, it&#8217;s someone she possibly knows or is in the area, not outside the area," said Henry Schmidt, with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Schmidt, a retired sheriff from Wyoming, arrived in McCleary to assist with the search Sunday.

Schmidt said statistically, most abducted children are murdered within 24 hours. But, he said, that doesn&#8217;t make searchers give up hope.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve seen positive results," Schmidt said. "There&#8217;s proven cases out there of kids being found a couple of years later."

Melissa Baum says she's thankful for all that people have done for her family. Lindsey's father, who lives in Tennessee, is expected to arrive in town on Friday.

Article:
http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_070109WAB-mccleary-KS.260ea8b9.html

:angel:

:eek:

Mom a mod would have to make that decision. My :twocents: as a Mother is that it is inappropriate for a very young teen to be engaging in conversation with strangers (yes we are strangers here to her and we really don't know who is sitting on the other side of the moniter even on these threads). Especially a crime board conversation, especially when the case in question directly effects that young teen. KWIM?

But again, it's not my call and a mod would have to make that call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member