WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought for Mel and others.

It occured to me, (I'm slow sometimes) that the address she left from was on Maple and she was walking home.

Then we have mention in articles (please don't make me go back and find it LOL) where LE states that she is not seen on the video camera footage of the Shell station.

When I was following the bus routes down the rabbit hole I stumbled across the address for the Shell station.

It appears to be on the corner of Maple and 3rd (or pretty durn close, close enough ya know?).

She leaves an address on Maple. Walks towards home and that path would carry her past the Shell at or near the intersection of 3rd and Maple. Yet she never makes it.

Where on Maple did she disappear? I'm pondering that today. I really want to see her start address...gosh darn it!

Quick Facts Per Articles

Last seen- Friday 6/26/09, on Maple Street

Last seen by- Michaela Campen

The girls were at Michaela's home around 9:30 Friday night, hoping Lindsay could sleep over.

"I told her you need to head home, it's getting dark soon, a half hour of light left. She put on her shoes and headed home," said Kara Campen.

A friend (not identified yet) walked with her half way home.

Lindsay was alone for that nearly half-mile walk

Her mother called police shortly before 11:00 (reported 10:50pm) Friday night to report her missing.

Officers have contacted nearby registered sex offenders, revealing no clues.

The family says Lindsay argued with her older brother earlier in the day Friday and her parents recently divorced. But the family firmly believes neither was related to her disappearance.

“I just need my daughter home,” said Melissa Baum, mother of Lindsey Baum. “Lindsey, please come home, you’re not in trouble.”

Melissa Baum said Lindsey wasn’t angry Friday night, and left without money, a change of clothes or her cellphone. Police have searched for the girl in the homes of her friends, in case she had been “hiding out.”

Baum called her daughter a “mama’s girl,” and said the two were re-reading the Harry Potter books aloud to prepare for the upcoming movie. Lindsey wanted to have her friend over to read with them, and left while it was still light out.

Melissa Baum said she is afraid someone has taken her daughter, and taken her away from McCleary.

So mummy lied - it was dark at 9:15 according to many sunset maps. Also, the brother was not the last one to see Lindsey. I wish I had more info on the friend that last saw her, but have no suspicions on her. Why didn't mummy go pick her up?? Mummy asks her to come home at 9:30, and calls 911 shortly before 11:00 PM. wTF?? Why didn't she go looking herself (do we know)? Did she call the friends house? Or....didn't she care?

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_062809WAB-Mccleary-girl-missing-sun-SW.165195dd.html

Another negligent mother IMHO.

Mel

absolutely, I was just thinking the EXACT same thing.
Sorry, esp if they are truly innocent, but if the friends mom or the other guy living there (whoever he is), drove by Lindsey..said "Hey, you know what, I'll go ahead and drive you home, it is getting dark", I strongly doubt she would have even hesitated about going in.
I'd like to know about any cars going in front of those business that time of night. If indeed there was a bus stop right there, maybe the bus driver should also be interviewed.
Lastly, does anyone have a map of the area...where she was, where she lived, and where she was last seen, in addition to where the bus station/shell was that she apparently didn't make it to?
=========
Excellent observation! LE should look at any videos not only for Lindsey but for the vehicle that Mom and guy who is living there drives.

It occured to me, (I'm slow sometimes) that the address she left from was on Maple and she was walking home.

Then we have mention in articles (please don't make me go back and find it LOL) where LE states that she is not seen on the video camera footage of the Shell station.

When I was following the bus routes down the rabbit hole I stumbled across the address for the Shell station.

It appears to be on the corner of Maple and 3rd (or pretty durn close, close enough ya know?).

She leaves an address on Maple. Walks towards home and that path would carry her past the Shell at or near the intersection of 3rd and Maple. Yet she never makes it.

Where on Maple did she disappear? I'm pondering that today. I really want to see her start address...gosh darn it!

I know --- all I could find was she was walking home from Maple Street :( Hopefully more details to come.

Thanks for the info! :)

Mel

oh..you just got to love it! :laugh:
Dont feel to bad....you should have seen the blooper i posted on another thread....omg....i just died...i was soooo :blushing:

hey...its like almost 3am here.....im getting loopy....:grouphug:

That was the funniest typo ever!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I live in the Pacific Northwest also.
It is starting to get dark at 9:00pm, but it still is light enough to see while outside.

Not that I think she should have been walking home that late anyway.

So are you saying it would be dark at 9:30 -- when Lindey started the walk home?

Thanks for your input :)

Mel

Between 5th and 6th street
Map1.jpg

When I was Lindsey's age (and younger) my friends and I would often play around in the summer after dark with our parents approval, flashlight tag anyone? This was in the mid 90's but our town was no where near as small as the one Lindsey lived in. I think people in small towns, even in larger towns and cities, get a false sense of security when they feel familiar with a place and the people who live there. I don't think this alone is a sign of negligence.

Wow you guys - great sleuthing! I don't know much about Facebook, I'm just shocked at the info one can get.

Here is a map of some of the business around the Shell Gas Station...what would people be doing on a Friday night in McCleary around 9:15pm??? Anyone live around there - what time do shops close? Shops and stores would be closing about 9:00pm (maybe). I notice there is a pet grooming place right near by...could she have stopped to look in the window? A liquor store might have someone leaving...was it someone who saw her there or followed her down Maple?

http://www.getfave.com/locations/12299258-shell-service-stations

Hi Mendara, And as was noted last evening here by an astute poster, . . .refered to her daughter in the past tense in a comment she gave a reporter. That quote is found in the last 2 pages here somewhere and the past tense word is bolded.

I'll miss being here today as it's off to the office, but see 'ya tonight. xox

Could she have made it home? How long before anyone came in contact with the mother where she told them Lindsey was missing? I know I read that at 10pm the mother went out looking by foot and alerted neighbors - and after that failed at 10:50 she called police - has that been confirmed? Was anyone helping her search from 10 to 10:45?

I don't want to focus on the mother too much - but to me she seemed rather calm while talking about it all.

When they overly cry I am suspicious - when they dont' even more so - but that is because I seen so many of these cases where the family are to blame..sigh.

They went to gf's house to see if she could spend the night at Lindsey's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1
Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.
Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

As I recall, Lindsey's mother said they were planning on reading Harry Potter together that evening. (dread going back through the thread to find the article)

Remember when it was reported in an article that there was a S. Williams that said he was the one that sent Lindsey home because it was getting ready to get dark?

Then a later article said it was KK that told her to go home because it was getting dark?

I wonder if SW and KK reside together? Just a thought.

Also I did a search within the court system in WA and in Grays Harbor District (county in which McCleary is found I believe?) and there is a S. Williams listed (might not be him though you know?) I don't know how to find out what the reason was for the court case, it could be something as innocent as unpaid parking tickets IMHO.

I'm still looking for info on KK, just because...even though she may not have had anything to do with the disappearance did she had associates that may have? Just some thoughts I'm having today.

Does Lindsey's mother have a boyfriend? Or an ex, besides Lindsey's dad?

Wow you guys - great sleuthing! I don't know much about Facebook, I'm just shocked at the info one can get.

Here is a map of some of the business around the Shell Gas Station...what would people be doing on a Friday night in McCleary around 9:15pm??? Anyone live around there - what time do shops close? Shops and stores would be closing about 9:00pm (maybe). I notice there is a pet grooming place right near by...could she have stopped to look in the window? A liquor store might have someone leaving...was it someone who saw her there or followed her down Maple?

http://www.getfave.com/locations/12299258-shell-service-stations

I am in the process of moving from one area to another (approx. 600 miles away) so I don't have long distance on my home phone right now (cutting off services slowly but surely).

My suggestion to find the answer to your questions (which are very good by the way eyes) is to just call those businesses and simply ask them their hours of business for fridays :) Someone here can make the call and answer those questions so that we can get a feel for what the street might have been like as she should have been walking past.

When I was Lindsey's age (and younger) my friends and I would often play around in the summer after dark with our parents approval, flashlight tag anyone? This was in the mid 90's but our town was no where near as small as the one Lindsey lived in. I think people in small towns, even in larger towns and cities, get a false sense of security when they feel familiar with a place and the people who live there. I don't think this alone is a sign of negligence.

I grew up in a small town also, about 3,000 people, and my friends and my friends and I would walk to our friends' houses, the movie theater, etc. all of the time. We would ride our bikes around the town, even at night. This was in the mid-90's as well. You are correct that people get a false sense of security in smaller towns. In fact, the town I lived in is only about an hour away from where Stephanie Crane disappeared.

ID - Stephanie Crane (9) missing 10/11/1993 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It just seems like a different world now. I live in a much larger town now, but I often see very young children out unsupervised, even at dark. It scares me, especially because of being on WS and know all of the children that get abducted.

I am in the process of moving from one area to another (approx. 600 miles away) so I don't have long distance on my home phone right now (cutting off services slowly but surely).

My suggestion to find the answer to your questions (which are very good by the way eyes) is to just call those businesses and simply ask them their hours of business for fridays :) Someone here can make the call and answer those questions so that we can get a feel for what the street might have been like as she should have been walking past.

Guess I'm wondering who would be out at 9:30pm on a Friday night in the town. By 9:30 most people would be home from work; if traveling, would be in their rooms for the night; if in a restaurant, finished with dinner; shopping is over..people working the stores would be closing up and going home? People in the gas station getting gas at 9:15 at night, maybe are traveling long distances? McCleary is a logging town - seems it would close up early.

If this was the crime by someone local - why was the person out? And was it by accident or planned? Way to many unanswered questions!

Directly from the mouth of LE:

(this article had been posted before on this thread: http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt )

...Lindsey was leaving a friend’s house about four blocks away between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday, traveling from Maple Street to Mommsen Road. Scott said a neighbor spotted her “two-thirds of the way home,” still on Maple Street.

“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

The “main street” is South 3rd Street and it is a busy thoroughfare near City Hall, connecting to freeways in multiple directions. The police station is within sight of the intersection. The street requires a crosswalk and pedestrian control walking signals. On Friday, the streets were lighted. The sun was still out.

There is a Shell gas station at the intersection and a bus station with a bench that looked like it was in regular use at least on Monday. Scott said video surveillance at the Shell station are being reviewed...

That might help give us an idea about that intersection and it's use friday night eyes.

Looking at the maps of Maple St. there is a Beehive Retirement Community located at 401 W Maple. Lindsey would have walked past it or would have been right at it if she was abducted from between 5th and 6th street on W. Maple. I'm thinking if she had walked to that point from her friends house then the friend would probably live between 8th & 9th streets on Maple. Looking on 411.com there are 71 listing on W. Maple of the 71 only 3-4 are actual residences (not businesses) and aren't in that retirement community. Narrows it down a bit as to where the friend lived. My guess is going to be around 513 W. Maple

What does the layout of RSO's look like in relation to Lindsey's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member