WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in the comments may be the dad????
you know what happens when u assume right. look the police and the fbi as well as the sheriffs office has cleared my son. if u want to know why he went to juvi ask the courts, oh my bad juvi records are not public record. they were not fighting before they left, they were in a heat, they were in a debate walking wit the friend to her house, when one of the local adults sent him home. now ask yourself howhe must feel right now. and to think that i put my life on the line so you can sit here and play detective all on your own, hell you cant even get the facts right on who did the post up above, so your a bright one
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49428097.html#idc-ctools

There seems to be a lot of confusion with the myspace profiles. I'm going to try my best to make a list without naming/linking to minors' profiles. Bear with me :p

Lindsey's -http://www.myspace.com/477760045
Lindsey's (private; been updated since missing. Mom K claims a friend is logging in under it) - http://www.myspace.com/477760045
Mom K (last to see Lindsey) - http://www.myspace.com/224168248
Lindsey's Mom - http://www.myspace.com/247474600
Family friend of Baum's who has spoken publicly on behalf of fam - http://www.myspace.com/cassidyred
K (full name M, daughter of Mom K) - not linking to profile, but you can find it on Lindsey's first page listed

Ok, is that still totally cryptic or what!! I tried. Did I miss anyone?

That MySpace is just... wow. At ten, I am not sure I would have even realized what "orientation" meant, other than the first day of school. Stephen King seems a bit odd, as well. S.E. Hinton seems about right - well, at least 30 years ago, she would have been. It's sad that kids aren't kids for very long any more.

That's it -when my son grows up, there shall be one computer, and it'll be dead center of the family room.

Ok so supposedly brother is not old enough to drive, Dad is out of state, and Mom seems believable so far.
Dogs found no scent...
That sends me back to the last adults who seen her K Campen, and S Williams.

Ok so supposedly brother is not old enough to drive, Dad is out of state, and Mom seems believable so far.
Dogs found no scent...
That sends me back to the last adults who seen her K Campen, and S Williams.

Im with you...

or

She was picked up by some or ran away... maybe she thought she would hide out for a bit & got lost in those woods?

I make this as an internet lure/stalker. I assume the FBI has confiscated the computers and cellphone, etc, and contacted the ISP. Any details on that?

(Sorry, I haven't read all the links yet.)

Im with you...

or

She was picked up by some or ran away... maybe she thought she would hide out for a bit & got lost in those woods?

My gut tells me the odds of a SO picking her up are pretty slim, although it was turning dark and I don't think the moon would have been out yet.

I've started to search and haven't found much in the way of missing children, a few going back over the years. Only one child I saw so far who was murdered and found in a snow bank. One other found in a river. I'll keep researching.

In my research I learned Washington State was the FIRST to require SO's to register their addresses for life.

Im with you...

or

Hi CajunGirl, I think there are a lot of logging roads running thru those woods.

I also wonder if it is standard practice for the FBI or McCleary PD to stop all cars going in and out of town? Have we seen that in a case before? Of course McCleary is a small town so it is a feasible task for LE.

WHOOPS! 3 posts in a row. That's time for me to hit the hay! Manyana xox

Hi CajunGirl, I think there are a lot of logging roads running thru those woods.

I also wonder if it is standard practice for the FBI or McCleary PD to stop all cars going in and out of town? Have we seen that in a case before? Of course McCleary is a small town so it is a feasible task for LE.

WHOOPS! 3 posts in a row. That's time for me to hit the hay! Manyana xox

LOL gnite scandi!

I think they stopped cars in the Haleigh Cummings case also...checking things out but I could be wrong.

LOL gnite scandi!

I think they stopped cars in the Haleigh Cummings case also...checking things out but I could be wrong.

Nite to you too Cajun. I sure hope they find Lindsay soon. I'm thinking there is a lot of crime down in Hoqium and Aberdeen but child abduction is a very rare thing to see. I'll say a prayer tonight for all the LE working on her case, Ya Ya. xox

UPDATE: Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished
Published June 30, 2009
<snipped>
Police in this community of about 1,500 had no leads Monday on what happened to 10-year-old Lindsey Baum after she left her friend&#8217;s house on Maple Street by herself Friday evening to walk about a half-mile to her home on Mommsen Road.

The mother of Lindsey&#8217;s 10-year-old best friend said Lindsey&#8217;s disappearance hasn&#8217;t really sunk in for her daughter.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t think she quite understands the seriousness of it,&#8221; said Kara Kempen on Monday in front of her home.

The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. &#8211; about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn&#8217;t gone down.

Lindsey was wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses.

LOOKING BACK

Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey&#8217;s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day &#8211; a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.

Kempen said her daughter Michaela had spent Friday with Lindsey and a group of other girls, swimming at a friend&#8217;s pool before they returned to the home on Maple Street. Kempen said her daughter and Lindsey were &#8220;almost inseparable&#8221; and loved to spend time together talking about &#8220;10-year-old girl stuff, boys and music, school occasionally.&#8221;

Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. &#8220;They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.&#8221;

WHAT&#8217;S NEXT

Sgt. Jim Dunn of the Thurston County Sheriff&#8217;s Office said Monday afternoon that there are still bodies of water that the dive team has not checked, including swamps southwest of town.

Scott said investigators can&#8217;t rule out the possibility that Baum was abducted, or that she may have simply run off. He said investigators are desperately trying to find information that can narrow their search. &#8220;We don&#8217;t have a most-likely scenario at this point,&#8221; he said.

SEARCH SO FAR

Scott said investigators are still following up by interviewing not only sex offenders who live in town, but transient sex offenders and offenders who have connections to McCleary. So far none of those interviews has yielded any concrete leads, he said.

Investigators have taken Lindsey&#8217;s computer into evidence, Scott added. Police have checked her MySpace page and the phone numbers she dialed and received on her cell phone without finding any new leads, he said.

A search of Lindsey&#8217;s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie &#8220;Twilight,&#8221; Scott said.

Scott said detectives have contacted Lindsey&#8217;s father in Tennesee, and there are no custodial issues between him and Lindsey&#8217;s mother, Melissa Baum. There is no reason to believe he had anything to do with Lindsey&#8217;s disappearance, Scott said.

Police did not issue an Amber Alert for Lindsey after her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. Friday, Scott said. Scott said an Amber Alert wasn&#8217;t issued because police had &#8211; and still have &#8211; no evidence that she was abducted.

The search for Lindsey continues today, Scott said. &#8220;We&#8217;ve been working everybody until the early evenings to the point of exhaustion,&#8221; Scott added.

Scott said &#8220;there hasn&#8217;t been a case like this for years anywhere in the county.&#8221;

Photos: Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/v-standalone/story/896613.html

Article:
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

:angel:

Thanks for the details! It sounds to me more investigations of the older brother needs to be looked into.... IMHO.

Thanks for the details! It sounds to me more investigations of the older brother needs to be looked into.... IMHO.

Does anyone know how old the brother is (and better yet, his date of birth)?!

TIA,
Soulscape

"A search of Lindsey&#8217;s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie &#8220;Twilight,&#8221; Scott said."

Really? Typical? I don't have a child so obviously am not up to date on what is normal for a 10 yr old but a lot of the things her myspace page represented seemed to be more like that of a teenager. My 16 year old neice is reading the Twilight series - I never considered it to be a children's book. When I was 10 I was reading The Babysitter's Club, Nancy Drew, etc.......kids are not kids for very long anymore are they? At least until something like this happens and reminds everyone of just how young ten yrs old is.

This is so sad. Anyone know if there was a shortcut Lindsey would have taken...a catwalk or something?

"A search of Lindsey’s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie “Twilight,” Scott said."

Really? Typical? I don't have a child so obviously am not up to date on what is normal for a 10 yr old but a lot of the things her myspace page represented seemed to be more like that of a teenager. My 16 year old neice is reading the Twilight series - I never considered it to be a children's book. When I was 10 I was reading The Babysitter's Club, Nancy Drew, etc.......kids are not kids for very long anymore are they? At least until something like this happens and reminds everyone of just how young ten yrs old is.

You're right, kids are not kids for very long anymore. IMO this is what technology has done to our kids. Unless you keep your kids in a bubble, no amount of parental supervision is going to keep our children shielded from the things inappropriate to their ages.

"A search of Lindsey’s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie “Twilight,” Scott said."

I was recently looking for a birthday gift for a 10 year old and asked her mother for ideas. She told me that her daughter needed books 3 and 4 of the series. When I questioned how a 10 year old would be reading that, she said that all her friends were reading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member